Chapter Four: Free Day With GOT7

A New Healing Start

I had a hard night because of the jet lag and so I woke up during the wee hours of the morning. I passed the time playing or watching videos on my laptop. It is only 7 am and I know the guys are going in the opportunity to sleep longer, but I'm tired of staying in my room. I get up and I decided to take a shower and get dressed. It's nice out so I decided to put a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, but seeing that my scars are the view of all to see, I decided to put a jacket that I let loose. I go into the living room and I decide to do my morning exercises I like to do before eating. Half an hour later, I go out the different kinds of grain on the counter and I go eight boles and spoons which I take one for me. I poured myself a bowl of cereal with milk and I decided to eat on the balcony. Only by seeing as I realize how far I am from home and it's so foreign even though I myself am Asian. People do not realize there is a difference between Asian born in Asia and those born abroad. I eat with my headphones on so I do not hear the footsteps behind me just in time I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jump and I almost spilled my bowl, but fortunately I have good reflexes.

"Oh, you scared me," I said. "I didn’t hear you approach, JB."

"Hahaha, sorry Alysa" he said while sitting beside me.

"What are you doing up?" I asked. "You should enjoy your day off to sleep"

"It's already 9:00 and I went to bed early last night," he said. "Did you sleep well?"

"Because of the time difference, I woke up at 3am unable to sleep again," I said. "There are different kind of cereal on the counter with bowls and spoon."

"We noticed that the fridge was full last night," he said.

"Yes I went yesterday to the supermarket with your manager," I said. "I wanted to thank you for your hospitality. This should not be easy for you especially with our family problems. "

"Thanks, Aly," he said gratefully. "You are Mark sister so therefore you are automatically our dongsaeng. And after seeing how much you have suffered, it is the least we can do. Anyway, the maknaes are already attached to you. "

I smile and I am happy that they accept me so quickly but I still keep my distance because it’s the first time that people accepted me even after knowing who I really am. I finish my bowl and put it in the sink before going to the living room. Normally I would have kept company to JB while he’s eating but I’m not a talker sense I keep all my emotions in me and it would be awkward. I sit on the sofa before opening my computer and hear footsteps so I look around. The two maknaes are walking to the kitchen.

‘Good morning!’ I tell them from the living room.

‘Good morning!’ they say to me, together.

‘Their cereals on the counter’ I tell them once more. ‘JB is there…’

They go to the kitchen and I can hear laughter. After a while, the others comes in and they all great me with a good morning before going to the kitchen to eat their breakfast with the others. I then notice that my brother his still sleeping and I decide to go and check on him.  I get up and I go to Jackson and his bedroom where I open the door really quietly. I smile seeing sleep and tip toe closer where I decide to sit beside him. I play with his hair while looking at him sleep.

‘Thank you, Mark for everything’ I whisper, while still playing with his hair. ‘Thank you for bringing me here, I own you one.’

I lied down to give him a quiet hug and without noticing, I fall asleep beside my brother and it really makes me save. The real reason that I didn’t sleep well it’s not only because of the jag lag but because I felt unsecure. When I was at home, I never really had a good night sleep because I never know when my mother will come in drunk and so I became nervous and yes…Terrified. But being beside my brother and knowing that he never hurt me, makes me relaxed and loved.

¤¤¤

Mark finally wakes up and he’s surprise to see his sister asleep beside him. He looks at me and it’s his turn to play with my hair. He look sad when he notice my sleeping position that shows my insecure and he smile noticing that I become calmer when I close to him. He doesn’t know what to do because he’s starting to be hungry but he doesn’t want to leave me alone while I sleep in two man’s bedroom. Lucky for him, the door opens and its Jackson that freeze seeing me there, sleeping and an awake Mark that’s doesn’t know what to do. The opening of the door woke me up and I am quite surprise to see the boys looking at me. I get up and give them a quick apology before running out of their rooms and going in mine, embarrassed.

‘I feel asleep…So embarrassing.’ I said to myself while putting my face in my cushion. ‘Why did I have to fall asleep at that moment? Ash…!’

¤¤¤

‘So why was my sister here?’ ask my brother to his roommate.

‘I don’t know.’ Jackson answered.  ‘The last time I saw her, she was in the living room. Maybe she notices that you were still asleep. JB hyung told us that she workup at 3am because of the jag lag so she must be still tired.’

‘I forgot about the jet lag’ he said. ‘Must be hard for her since now she could sleep as long has she wants. But what I notice his that she was really embarrassed when she saw you, standing there.’

He looks at his roommate with a smirk and tells him that he notice that we seems really close. Jackson shakes his head and does an ‘X’ with his arm and he’s say that I’m just a dongsang to him. My brother laughs when his Chinese friend tells him that he knows that he’ll kill him, if he gets too close to his sister.

‘While at least you know’ Mark tells him. ‘So what are we going to do today?’

¤¤¤

It’s been almost an hour sense I run in my room and I’m too embarrassed to go out. I know that the boys are starting too worried because each time they knock on my door, I tell them to leave me alone. Another knock his heard and I was about to tell who ever it was to leave me alone until a heard the voice.

‘Aly, it’s me.’ says my brother voice. ‘Can I come in?’

I mumble a little yes before hidden my head again on my cushion and I don’t even look up when the door closes behind or when he sits on my bead beside me. He tries to look at me but I hide even more and he started laughing.

‘Your that embarrassed?’ he ask me teasing me. ‘What did you do to be so embarrassed?’

‘I went to see if your where still asleep and I decide to watch you sleep’ I tell him lifting my head. ‘I guess I feel asleep because when I opened my eyes, I saw you and…Jackson looking at me. I sleep in his bead! So embarrassed! What why think about me?’

‘You’re thinking too much about it’ he says ‘He was just a little bit surprise to see you there that’s it. It’s not like you sleep in his room and he was there. It’s my room too and was the only one there. Don’t worry about it. Now get up, we are waiting for you to give a tour of Seoul with our skateboard.'

Hearing the word skateboard, I sit up and he smile to me before giving me a big hug. I tell him that I need to change because I need to skateboard in style and he gets out laughing. Fifteen minutes later, I come out with my fake smile that the boys know and tell them that I’m ready. Since it’s nice outside, I choose some long shorts, a tank top under a jacket and a hat. I put my shoes on before taking my board. I turn around and I see them with scarfs and sun glasses. I guess it’s a disguise against their fans and I feel bad for them knowing that they are disguising just to protect me.  After making sure we have everything, I take my bag and I follow them out of the dorm. We go on the elevator and we decide to go out by the back door where there are no fans. We get on our boards and we go around having fun. We stop often to see different things and we decide to go to Seoul Grand Park where we skate around before going to the tower that the name I forget. The view is wonderful and thousands of locks are lock around the fence.

‘Couple come here and lock their love’ says Mark. ‘Some comes alone and lock their dream or something like that. Do you want to do one?’

‘I don’t have anything to write on it’ I say while lowering my head. ‘I don’t have a lover or a dream…’

I look at the view a last time while taking a picture before walking back towards the exit but seeing the excitement on the maknaes faces, I decide to stay and let them have their fun. I finally decide to buy a lock and I write what’s on my mind. Mark comes back when I’m putting locking my lock on the fence and he gets closer to read what I wrote.

Aly Fighting! My new life starts now.

Thank Bro…For everything. I’m here because of you.

Music is my life…

He gives me a hug and tells me that he would be always there for me. I give him one of my rare real smiles and we decide to go back to our little tour of the city. We spend hours going around town and I even tasted real Korean plates and snacks. When we got back to the dorm, we were all worn-out and we decided to call out from a Korean restaurant and to watch some movies. After today, I can say that I feel better.