Chapter Nine: A New Recrute

A New Healing Start

 

I get up early and I prepare my bag before my toilet. I took my bag and I go into the kitchen to eat my lunch by making the least possible noise so as not to wake the boys. I wash the dishes and then I go into the living room to do a search on the internet and I decided to go to the company in skateboarding. I decide that it is best to leave now and leave a note to my brother to tell him where I am. I took my bag, I put my helmet and my skateboard out before gently closing the door behind me. I head to the company enjoying the fresh air and I'm glad I have a good memory because I get to JYP Entertainment smoothly. I realize that it took me almost an hour even two to go. I ring the bell, and I say I have an appointment with JYP giving them my name. I expect they confirm that I have an appointment and someone come and get me. After ten minutes, the door opens and a woman asked me to follow her. I'm keeping my distance and silence all looking around me. The woman is surprised by my silence and my reserve as most girls my age are excited to be here. We finally arrived at the office of JYP and knock before entering. She bows to the President before leaving, closing the door behind her.

"Alysa, welcome to JYP" he said smiling at me.

"This is not the first time I come here," I said without emotion.

"Yes, it's true," he said, laughing still not used to my lack of emotion and my coldness.

He explains how the company works and what he expects from me. It also tells me that'll teach as recruits. He shows me my rookie contract and explained to me in detail. After all understand that I sign it and he told me that if I start, I would have another. He puts the document carefully before asking me if I want to start today and I told him yes. He smiled at me before telling me that he will rise to where I'm going to take my dance classes and he'll introduce me to the group that I will follow from now on. We arrived in front of a door where we can hear music coming from inside. JYP looks at me asking me if I’m ready and I sigh before saying yes with my head. He opens the door to let me in and I stay next to the door not knowing what to do. The trainer stops the music seeing him and the recruits bend before him. He tells them they are a new recruit in their group and he beckoned me to approach.

"Some of you will probably recognize her after seeing her on KPOP Star" he told them. "Why don’t you introduce yourself?"

"I'm Alysa Kim imnida" I said simply while bending only the head.

"I’m counting on you to help her adapt," said JYP before leaving.

I stand head down just in time that the coach asks me to put my things with others and set me up. I go into a corner where I put down my bag and I change shoes because I never use my skate shoes for dancing. I do some stretching while watching them. I try to memorize as much as possible the movements in my head so I'm not too late. It gives a fifteen minute break and I want to set me up. He shows me the choreography they begin to learn in the normal tempo and then more slowly. I do not have time to learn all the moves before the break ends and so I have a little trouble following the group. We still dance for an hour before we stop for the lunch break. The majority of recruits come in groups to eat, but I remain to practice because I do not want to be even further behind. I practice not just in time that I am able to follow the group without much problem and I stop to drink water. After a few minutes, I get up to plug my music in the sound system and I'm going up and then dance and do acrobatics. Like every time I dance, I do not pay attention to what is happening around me as if I was in my own world and therefore, I do not realize the presence of other recruits returning from dinner just in time my music suddenly stops playing. I look up to see a girl who disconnected my music and my spear. I catch it easily and I look at a before storing it in my bag.

"You have no right to come here and brag about yourself just because you participate in KPOP Star" she told me.

"We all know you are here because of your family connection with Mark sunbae knows," said another girl. "Do not come here as a celebrity thinking that you will enter before us."

"It's not in my attentions," I said simply without looking at them. "I came here to dance and to sing and nothing more. Don’t worry; I'll stay away from your way. "

I got up without saying anything and I start up when I see the coach go. I keep my distance from others and I dance at their level, knowing that I should not show my true abilities if I want to be left alone. Hours pass and finally finished and I'll take my bottle of water class. The teacher came up to me and gives me a sheet that is my schedule rookie and is fairly loaded.

"Good job, Alysa," he said. "Do not lowers yourself to the others and dance to your true abilities. That's why you're here."

He leaves slowly followed by the other recruits who have finished for the day and I soon finds myself alone in the room. I plug my MP3 back into the sound system and I'm back to my training. I think that the coach told me, but part of me says that if I really show my abilities, I will be criticized one way or another by other recruits. After an hour, I managed to master the choreography without making a single mistake and so I decided to dance freely. I still dance for an hour, almost two before I decided to stop for the day. I change my shoes and I do not forget to put on my headphones before leaving my turn making sure to shut the lights and the door behind me. I sing out loud without realizing that I could be heard. I pass people without seeing too much in my own world.

¤¤¤

"I've never seen here, it must be a new recruit," said a girl saw me.

"She told me something," said another.

"It's because she is one of TOP 10 in the new season of KPOP Star" replied the younger.

"Are you serious? This is the only Mark sunbae? "The last one asks. "She's really talented."

"Yes, with all the acrobatics," said one. "But it is cold."

"Let's introduce ourselves," said the younger.

¤¤¤

I'm surprised when I see three girls in front of me and smile at me I look and said nothing. I take off my headphones before bending a little head and they look at me surprised at my expression emotionless. They look not knowing what to say in front of my face blank expression before that of them decides to speak.

"You must be new," she said. "I'm Saejin Park and welcome to JYP."

"Alysa Kim imnida" I said simply.

"I knew I recognized you," said the youngest of the three with an accent. "I'm Shi Feng Huo."

"Chinese?" I asked simply, again.

"Yes from Hong Kong," she said, smiling. "And you? You have an English name, but you seem Asian. "

"Korean-Chinese from California," I said a little coldly.

I keep quiet without saying anything more which makes the awkward situation and the last girl comes along. She is a Taiwanese and it is called Shao Yi-Ting. I look at them and wonder what they want me and the reign silent just in time that I hear a voice calling me. I turned to see Mark and the rest of the group. I greet them the cold head and my brother trying to give me affection, but I avoid it. He sighs and it will complain to Jackson as usual. Girls are my surprise my coldness and lack of emotion before the same group especially in front of my brother.

"You left early this morning" said my brother. "We will have come from deposited."

"I came to skateboard," I said pointing to my board which is attached to my bag like my helmet.

"How was your first class?" Yugyeom asks me.

"Okay, I guess," I said just looking at the girls who are still there.

They speak with members of GOT7 and I learn that they are part of a class of recruits at a higher level that will soon begin. I also learn that they are older than me and two of them are the same age as Youngjae. I watch a little before my headphones meter again and continued on my way without a word. Mark looks at me from sighing apologizing girls to my lack of civilization and it starts to get frustrated by my lack of politeness. While I'm emotionless and cold, that does not mean I should not be disrespectful especially to my seniors. They say goodbye to three recruits before heading to their practice room.

¤¤¤

"I'm getting frustrated with her behavior," Mark said as he sat on the sofa.

"Mark, you are best placed to know how much she suffered and to even now," said JB who sits next to him.

"Mark hyung, she's in a new country with a different culture on top of that," said Jackson. "Let it used to our way of life."

"I know, but politeness Q is still something universal" replies Mark. "I do not know what it was these days to be as cold."

"I think it's time to have a private chat with her," says JB. "Make her feel that she is not alone anymore."

Mark nods his head and says that he will talk to me in private tonight after super.

¤¤¤

I finally get to the dormitory after dragging a bit on my way and I will directly take a shower to remove all my sweat. I go into the kitchen to prepare supper and I eat first not knowing when they will be back. I go to my room where I immediately fell asleep as my head is on the pillow.