Chapter Fourteen: JYP New Girls Group (Part 2)

A New Healing Start

My days are becoming longer and more responsible since I am again a student. I passed my written with a little hardship as my Hangul is not very good review, but my interview went very well as they saw my talent not only in dance and song, but also language since I speak English, Mandarin, Korean, basic French and Japanese. Every morning I get up early around 5 am for training rookie before going to school and I go to bed in the wee hours of the morning after finishing my homework. I do not socialize much with my other students, even though I drew attention because of my appearance on KPOP Star. I have a special status because JYP Entertainment has warned the direction I'm going to miss school days because I'm a rookie who will start soon and the direction I was sure that as long as I'm here for my exams and me to put my work in time, there is no problem. Most of the time, I spend my lunch hour practicing my stunts in an empty local dance school. This is one of the only times where I leave my phone open since I opened the farm during my class hours to avoid disturbing. The company is if I do not answer, is that I am in the process.

I'm listening to the teacher talk about the history of Korean music and I am so captivated by the course I startled by the bell ringing. I pack my things quietly knowing that I have a little time before heading to the Company and the professor laughed my start. He is also the teacher in charge of our class and he’s rather nice.

"My courses interests you that much, Alysa?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Yes, since I was born in California," I said, smiling. "I do not know a lot about Korean music even less about the history of music and this will surely help me now that I'll start in one or two years."

I bow before him after he wished me a good evening and I get out of class to direct me to my cashier where I take my things. I get out of school after other students and I about to turn on my cell when I hear a horn. I look up and I'm surprised to see the van used by our manager for our trips. Normally, I take the transportation to go to the company as the manager enough with my eonnis who also go to school. Manager Mi-Ho out seeing that I'm too surprised to take a step and I ask him what is here where he says he was picked up with the other girls. I realize that the presence of black van attracts attention because it is the type of van used by most of the idols and so I embarked hurry. As he told me, my four eonnis are there and they greet me. I'll sit down at the back since I'm the maknae. I'm surprised to see Asami eonni sat in the back because it is the oldest of us and should sit forward. She smiled and said she likes it sit there because it's quieter. I sit next to her and she makes me put my head on her lap and play in my hair. This is something she has always done with me especially when I'm tired or depressed. It's something I really enjoy because it is a gesture that a mother should do, but I never knew that.

"How was your day?" She asked, my hair.

"Well," I said. "I had even refused requests to autograph my brother and my oppas of GOT7. I spent my lunch hour to improve my stunts and I was still surprised by the close in my course of music history, "I said.

"Looks like you adapt well" she said reassuringly. "Did you make yourself some friend?"

"Eonni, you know I wary of strangers," I said. "Especially now that I'm a little-known, I'm afraid of just being manipulated, but I'll try and see what happens."

She smiled at me and I take my cell phone to check my messages. I see that my manager has sent me a message to tell me that he would come pick me up with my eonnis because we have an important meeting. I decide to send a message to my brother and I included a picture of me and eonni. Music that sounds and I get up recognizing music. I ask Saejin eonni up the volume and I started singing. I cannot stop myself from making gestures when the chorus starts playing it.

Someone call the doctor nal butjapgo malhaejwo
Sarangeun gyeolguk jungdok overdose
Sigani jinalsurok tongjedo himdeureojyeo

Jeomjeom gipsugi ppajyeoganda
Oh too much neoya your love, igeon overdose
Too much neoya your love, igeon overdose

 

As the title of the song, this song is really addicted and the dance too. I like artists like Super Junior SM and EXO course. My eonnis start to laugh at that I know the lyrics to the song in full and they ask me the other songs I know. I smiled before opening my phone and go into my file of Korean music. I mostly songs from groups that are part of JYP, YG and SM and to their surprise, I know them all by heart. They noticed that I have a lot of song by Super Junior and EXO and are rather surprised because they know that I have something against this company. Everyone startled by my ringtone mail so I turn off my music, leaving Saejin turn the radio back then I read the message from my brother.

From: Mark Bro

How was your day? Where are you? I heard that you have a large meeting with all the leaders of the company. I hope it's positive. Good luck. See you at the company and tell me everything!

I'm more interested after reading his message and wonder what really the meeting is about. I decided to do my homework for the rest of the way and I do not realize that time passes just in time as the van stops and I realize that we are in the parking lot of the company. I pack my things and I take my bag before going down and follow my eonnis in the facility. Our manager told us that we have to go directly to the meeting room because we are a little late and so we enter the room all wearing our school uniform. It freezes a bit seeing all company officials and curves before going to sit around the big table.

"I'm sure you're wondering why we summon you to this meeting" we demand the JYP. "In fact, it is to talk about your early and we would like your opinion."

"After you have observed since the formation of the group, we can confirm your positions," he said, looking at his papers after receiving a sign of confirmation of our coaches. "Asami and Saejin would be the main vocalists, Yi-Ting Feng Huo and will be the main rappers. Feng Huo is also the principal dancer and Alysa will be the second dancer and vocalist. Alysa will still handle the acrobatics and English lyrics. "

Instead, I'm surprised my position and eonnis look at me, they also surprised because they know that I'm the best dancer of the group. I clenched my hands, realizing that for them, I am only good for acrobatics and they do not realize the risk of injury that takes. He continues by saying that our leader would Saejin eonni and I'd of course the maknae. We all agree with that, since it has a perfect personality for the job, but I look Asami eonni to make sure she is okay even though it is the oldest of the group. She noticed my gaze and smiled anxious to reassure me. He continues to say that our concept would be the five elements and I look surprised, remembering the "magical" powers of EXO.

"It is not the concept of EXO SM?" I asked them.

"You will not have power, but just a concept," he said. "Your stage name, your style and your choreography will be linked to the five elements. So I would like you to choose your element and a stage name. Your debut date has not yet been decided and it all depends on the time you will take to learn the choreography and the song and the reaction of your teasers. I leave you at the end of the day to find your stage name and your item before talking over the concept. If it’s possible, can you also send us your ideas for a group name? "

We bow in front of them thanking them for their work in and out with our manager happy with the good news. We go to our practice room where we sit in the round after dropping our bags and our manager told us he'll get us something to eat. I think back to what the CEO told us and I sigh and say he has not asked for our opinion too eventually. I do not understand why I am not the principal dancer ... I know Feng Huo dance really well, but I always thought I was better. I absentmindedly write my ideas on paper and I do not really listen to what my eonnis are saying.

"Does it really bothers you do not have the position of principal dancer?" Saejin eonni asks me looking at me.

"It's not that it bothers me," I told her, looking at her. "It's just that I feel that my talents overestimates of dancers and just sees my talent acrobatics. He does not know that some of the stunts are really dangerous and ultimately did not ask us our opinion. "

"Yes, it's true," said Saejin. "You know if you want the position of principal dancer and Feng Huo agrees, we can always change positions."

"It's true Alysa" said Feng Huo eonni. "I think you're better than me and I think not being able to have the responsibility of being the main dancer of the group. The second position suits me more. "

"Let's see it with the choreographer," said Asami. "It would be nice to have his opinion as knows our levels of dance."

"Yes, eonni right" said Saejin eonni. "Let us decide our element and our stage name."

It took longer because we have different concepts of the five elements in Chinese culture since includes metal, wood, water, fire and earth. While in Japanese culture, the elements of earth, water, fire, wind and sky. We ended up agreeing that those who choose wood and metal will also wind and sky. Select was easier than the accused and therefore, Asami eonni represents water, our leader is the sky and metal, Yi-Ting eonni chose wind and therefore wood, Feng Huo represents fire and I've chosen land. It remains for us to choose a nickname that has to do with our element. I go to another worksheet to record our different nicknames, scene names and element we represent. As I write in as they tell me their names and I pay attention to my writing since it will be read by the CEO.

"As I noted, Asami eonni is now Asa or Aqua and represents the water." I said, reading my paper. "Our eonni leader named Sae or Sky as it represents the sky. Yi-Ting becomes Yi eonni or Ora, Feng Huo eonni chose Huo or Blaise to represent fire. "

"Yes, that's right," says our leader. "But, you have not told us your nickname, Alysa."

"I'm Aly or Kaia and I represent the earth." I said. "Gaia is the goddess of the Earth, but I changed it for Kaia."

Everyone seems to agree and continue talking when our manager enters with bags of food. Sae eonni gives the leaf and smiles that it is also in agreement with our new names. We begin to eat while the others begin to speak; I write my ideas come to mind. I wake up suddenly and I start in the mirror when I start dancing. I start to smile before leaving the room without saying anything to the surprise of everyone.

¤¤¤¤¤

"I wonder how there meeting went," said Mark, approaching our practice room.

"It may be about their start," said Jr. "They are doing really well and all their choreography is rather interesting."

They knock on the door and they enter my eonnis surprising that rise to bend as they are our sunbaes. My brother looks around and notices that I'm not there. Before that asks where I am, I go with a big tank and without saying anything, I'm in the small bathroom to fill with water. I come back and drop the tray in front of the mirror and then I put a mop on the floor.

"Alysa, what are you doing?" my brother asked. "Why is there a mop on the floor?"

"For clean," I said simplely.

I let the material and I'm going to change in the bathroom. I smiled putting music without word of our choreography and I start to dance on the floor. While following the movements, I started dancing in the water tank large enough that I dance without much problem. I go in the water tray to the floor and everyone realizes that what I do makes sense. I finished with a pirouette in the water and I laugh seeing that I'm all wet. JB oppa gives me a towel and I thank before joining my eonnis to tell them that this would choreography very well on sand and water. They tend to agree and eonni Sae decides to record the ideas on the sheet.

"So I guess that the meeting went well," said Mark watching me clean the water from the floor.

"Yes, we have our concept and our positions," said Sae eonni. "They do not know the date of our early since it depends on the time it takes us to learn everything and reactions of our teasers."

"So what's your position?" Yugyeom oppa asks.

"Sae is our leader and with Asa eonni, their both the main vocalists" replied Yi eonni. "Huo is lead rapper and main dancer while I'm the main rapper. While Aly, she’s the lead dancer and vocalist. "

"You all have nicknames now?" Notes JB. "What's yours Yi-ting?"

"Yi or Ora" she said. "We all chose our scene names that are not yet approved. Sae is eonni Sky Asa eonni is Aqua, Huo is Blaise and Aly is Kaia. This represents the five elements. "

I'll sit down on the couch after cleaning and I have changed my oppas while talking with my eonnis. Mark comes to sit next to me and asks me why I'm not the lead dancer and I told him that the CEO wants me to focus on my stunts. I am part of the discussion I had with my eonnis about change positions with Huo eonni, but I do not want to hurt her by changing her position with him. I conclude by saying that we decided to wait to speak with our choreographer tomorrow and see what we offer.

"At least you know you're going to start," he said to reassure me. "Alysa do not get discouraged! You excel in everything you do and this is the same for the rest of your group. I'm proud of you, little sister! "

I smiled at him and he gives me a hug. We continue to talk and I realize I have not finished my homework so I decided to do while we have a break. I do not know why, but when it comes to writing, I blend between my Hangeul and my Mandarin and I had to redo several school works because my teachers did not understand what I wrote.

"By the way, what's your band name?" BamBam oppa asked.  

"They have not yet found on," replied Yi eonni. "He even asked for suggestions."

"Why not A-Girls for our group name?" I told them suddenly.

"A-Girls?" Sae eonni said. "What is the A?"

"A for Asian" I said simply. "We are Asian girls of different nationalities. You can also change the S Girls for a 5 to indicate that we are five in the group. "

"So, A-Girl5 ..." said Sae eonni. "I like it. Is everyone okay? "