Chapter Twelve: The Truth

A New Healing Start

I wake up not knowing where I am and without too much recollection of last night. I slowly open my eyes and find myself in my room, in my bed I wake up with a start when he saw a wire connecting to me and I see a stranger who approaches me. I try to get away from him, but the thread prevents me and tears flow from my eyes panic and confusion. I calm down a bit seeing my brother approaching me.

"Mark ..." I called him gently to rescue me.

"I'm here," he said, sitting next to me. "It's okay, I'm here."

It was there he told me that yesterday I became pale and almost fainting from one minute to the next, but I insisted not to go to the hospital. So the stranger is a friend to the manager and he's a doctor. I relax and ask her forgiveness. He smiled and said that it was he who should have waited until I know the situation before approaching. He told me that my injuries are not serious, even those on my side and he said that I should rest for a few days. I said that's impossible because I'm a rookie and he told me I have no choice because I'd be too ill to dance. I sigh and say that I understand and I thank him for his work. He ends by saying that I can now detach the liquid since I seem to be stronger than yesterday. My brother gets up again to thank the doctor and moves back to me. He brings a chair next to me and he sits on it.

"The manager has given a call to the company last night," he said. "JYP said that he doubted that something happened after you came back holding your side, but he did not know the cause since you claimed it was your training. He therefore believed you. "

"Now I'll probably lose my job," I said, looking down.

"You do not lose your place as a rookie," said Jr entered the room followed by others.

"But my place is valuable," I said.

"How are you?" Asks Youngjae confused. "There are a lot of rookies ..."

"You have not heard the news of the company surprise?" I said. "That JYP will have two new groups debuting in one or two years?"

"Ah, yes," says JB. "But we did not see the results."

"10 rookies were chosen, 5 girls and 5 boys," I said. "And I am one of them, but I'll probably lose my job."

"WHAT!" my brother said, getting up surprised but more than happy. "My little sister was chosen to be part of the new female group of JYP?!"

He approached me squeezing me in his arms too happy and others must depart from me because of my ribs. He runs out of the room, too happy for the good news to the manager and run around the dorm expressing his joy. I watched him sigh and I turned to the guys who seem equally exasperated me.

"Remind me who is the oldest of the group," I said looking at my brother. "No one would think he would be the oldest. Even I thought it was JB, but no. "

They start laughing at my comment, agree with me and they all congratulated me. JB oppa asked me who the other chosen and I tell them the names of my oppas and eonnis. I hear they had a special training with them as my previous group had with 2PM and so they are not surprised those who were chosen. My brother is back after scolded by the manager of her excitement and it welcomes me. He watches the boys by saying that it is their practice to go to and I wonder if I can go there too, but obviously they refuse. I tell them I do not want to stay here and I would just watch the choreography.

"I do not want to have more delays than I have," I said. "I'll just watch and memorize as gestures possible."

"Okay," accept my brother to their surprise. "Better she comes with us than going by herself behind our backs and I know that’s what she will do."

They come out of the room to prepare closing the door behind them and I get up to change me. I relieve to see that I'm less sore ribs and I dress in something comfortable knowing that I will not be dancing. I go into the kitchen and I take fruits to eat in the van in the direction of the company. I have to sit down on the floor to put my shoes and get my bag and the boys joined me shortly after. Since my family relationship with Mark has been publicly announced, we do not need to go to the back and I welcome their fan's head before entering the van followed by others.

We arrive to the company and my brother accompanies me before going to their local practice. I am surprised to see my entering eonnis with my oppas, but they are surprised to see me as they learned what had happened. I relieve that only they know what happened to me since I do not want the whole company to be aware of it. They look at me worried like the two choreographers present and I assure them that I am here only to observe that I may have an idea of ​​what I should expect. They all noticed my lack of emotions and they know that the incident has affected me more psychologically than physically. I will sit down quietly on the sofa and I watch carefully what happens. In fact, I do not have to remember a lot because it's just a drive to keep our shape while dancing, but I am responsible for supporting my eonnis and oppas, bringing them water at every break. I move the head to the beat of the music without being able to stop it when the door opens and JYP between. On the salvation of all and he said continued to practice while he speaks to me. He sits next to me and asks me how I’m going.

"I'm better than yesterday, that's for sure," I said to him distant. "I have to rest for a week or less."

"This is how long it lasts?" He asks. "I doubt that this is not the first time this has happened to you since you were here."

"Since my first day here," I said just as distant. "They said I had no talent and that I was here just because of Mark."

"Why have you kept it in all this time?" He asks. "Especially when it had more physical ..."

"It's only jealousy ..." I said simply. "If I have spoken, that I would have done more damage. I would have thought that changing the group would have stopped, but we would not say "

"Alysa, I would like the names of the recruits that we do this to you," he asks me.

"What for?" I asked without looking at him. "To give them only a warning?"

"To file a claim of assault and then returned to the company," he said seriously.

"I do not want to complain," I said. "But the returned is not a bad thing because who knows if there is no other recruits who are treated badly by them."

I give him the names of the girls knowing he would not file a claim and he will speak of this to anyone. I curve and the others do the same before it comes out. Everyone looks at me and I nod your head that I'm fine and to reassure them they recover back to work. Achieved without a weight on my shoulders has flown and I feel a little freer than before.