Chapter One: Trap

A New Healing Start

My alarm rings and I move to turn it off. I stay in my bed looking at the sealing for a bit before getting up to change into my school uniform. I take my bag after making sure that I got everything and go downstairs for breakfast. Like every morning I go eat in the kitchen when everybody else his eating in the dining room because my dad says that he can’t eat when he sees my face. They sometimes physically abuse me but normally it’s all mentally abuse and it feels the same.

"Alyson Kim! Come here now! "My father screams.

When he calls me like that, it's never a good sign. I put my dishes in the sink before directing me to the dining room where my father was saying in the newspaper as usual. He looks up from his newspaper to look at me and I decline any sequence head off his look of hatred. This is how his psychological abuse starts and ends this feed with a slap on the face or a punch in the stomach. This is something that I would never tell Mark.

"Can you tell me why you stopped your Chinese and Korean courses?" He asks me angry.

"I did not stop," I said still head down. "I just changed teacher ..."

"Who told you that you could do this?" He said even angrier.

"He hit me ..." I was starting to say, lifting my head.

"And with good reason," he said in the same tone of anger. "Come here! I will show you what happens when you disobey me!"

I approach him in spite of myself and I get several shots in the stomach. Finished, he returned to sit as if nothing had happened and I do the same thing before heading to the exit to get to school. I grimaced in pain before getting on my skateboard and I head to school. The day was long even if I didn’t get into trouble and I was happy when it was lunch break. I went to the cafeteria to get my lunch before going out and sit on the stands in front of the soccer field. I always eat my lunch while watching the boys play soccer or more looking at them fooling around. Most of them are Mark friends and they always keep an eye on me. They are le only ones at school who knows that I’m Mark sister, at least his half-sister. They wave at me and I send them my fake smile. They come towards me when my cell phone ring and I’m surprise to see an invitation from Skype. I make a real smile of excitement when I see who it is.

"Mark!" I said after accepting the invitation.

"Aly!" He says excited. "How are you?"

"Okay, I guess ..." I said, knowing that I cannot hide anything from him. "What about you and the members? Not being little brats and causing trouble I hope. "

"Hey! I never cause trouble" he said defending himself.

"I saw the hidden cameras you do..." I said, surprising him. "I've seen all your music videos and all the shows you participate."

"Really?" he said, touched. "Seriously tell me how you are doing."

I was about to answer when I see a person behind him who greets me with his hand and I bow to say hello. I have already met with members of his group by Skype and I do not know what my brother told them about me, so I do not know how to behave in front of them, even if it's just on screen.

"I hope you greet your parents before me," said I knowing the consequences that would fall on me if this was not the case.

"Yes, I caught my father before he went to his office and I talk with my mother," he said to my great relief.

He is silent and I know he is watching me to see what I hide it. After a few seconds, he started to smile at me before he tells me he misses me and I refer him my fake smile before saying that I am in front of the soccer field. I turn my cell phone to show his friends who play soccer and I told them to say hello. Louise, it causes chaos and it takes a little time before I had my phone again. It keeps silence again and I know seeing his eyes clenched, he knows that something is wrong with me, but do not know what. It was only when he heard a comment from one of his dongsangs him noticing.

"Hey Alysa, what's on your face?" Jackson's voice asked in English. "Why is it that your cheek is red?"

"Ah, that's nothing!" I told him with my poker face. "It's just hot here"

I nibble the lips while my brother speaks with members of his group, wondering if they have noticed a few things and I rollup my sleeves of my shirt because it's really hot. It's so hot that I forgot the scars that are on my arms and that they are at the sight of my brother.

"Aly, what's that?" He asks me, firmly.

I'm a little confused and it was only following his look I understand what that means. I quickly drop my sleeves and I told him I have to go because the break is finish. I ended the call knowing that he would try to call me again, so I decided to turn off my phone. I know he'll send me several text messages and I do not know what to say. During the rest of the afternoon, I do not stop thinking about the reaction of my brother since he must know exactly what he has seen on my arm and it must pacing in his dormitory where point goes the rest of the group insane or worried. Finally, the day ends and I head to the studio on my skateboard. I practice at least two hours before turning my cell knowing the consequences of my actions if my father called me and I did not respond. Luckily I only messages from my brother who is worried sick and wants an explanation. I sigh before answering I finished my training with dance and I'm heading home.

When you get home, log on to Skype. I'm worried about you, Aly.

I lower my head after reading his message and I know I would not choose to tell him everything. I thank the receptionist before heading to the house on my skateboard and I go to the back door that opens into the kitchen. I greet the cook and maids who are alone in the house to treat me well. I quickly eat the meal tends the stove before I go into my room knowing my father is always at work and my mother is probably still at the casino. They renovated the attic to make my room and down the stairs just outside the kitchen. I have a small bathroom to me since I am not allowed to move to other rooms apart if I am called and normally it's only for me baffled. I go into my room and took my pajamas before going into the bathroom to take a shower. I comeback with a towel over my head and I automatically open my computer while I dry the hair and I connect Skype wondering if it will really connected. Indeed, he is connected to what surprises me with the time difference and schedule that must be really loaded. I sigh and I take a deep breath before inviting him to a video call. He accepts quickly and I lower my head, seeing his serious look.

"Aly… Why didn’t you tell me?" He asked sadly.

"I don’t want you to become involved in my family's stories," I said.

"They are my problems because my parents are causing you so much pain." He said with difficulty. "Since when did you start harming yourself like that? Has it worsened to the point for you to do that? "

"One year after you left your father was furious to see you go and seeing me still here." I said. "Their psychological abuses have made ​​me even more depressed ..."

"Aly, you should have told me ..." he said. "Tell me what did they do exactly ... Hide me nothing ..."

"I received a slap and punch to the stomach this morning for changing Chinese and Korean teachers." I said lowering my head.

"Alyson, look at me," he told me.

I look up and he is shocked by seeing how my eyes became empty of life. They psychologically abused me to the point of being a lifeless artificial body and he feels responsible. Anger invades him and I can see his hands clenched, but I went to the point of not showing my emotions for anything. I'm not surprised to see him hit a wall in his room, let alone see his hyung and dongsangs entered, panicked. I stayed there sitting on my chair without moving and I did not even realize that tears fall from my eyes. I stand there frozen in time my door opens and I turn my head to see my mother. I take off my headphones I wore so that people cannot hear our conversation and I make sure she cannot see the screen before I approach her.

"You piece of sh**! You stupid girl! "My mother shouted.

My mother pushed me to the point I fell to the ground and I hit his head on the edge of my bed. I do not feel pain but I feel a poured liquid on my forehead and I know its blood. I get up without showing emotion what annoys even more my mother. She continues to insults me just in time that the butler comes running and take her out of my room. I did not realize that my headphones got unplugged and my brother was able to witness to the entire scene.

"Aly! Aly! Are you okay? Answer me!" the voice of my brother shouted.

I walked over to my laptop and I look at my brother without emotion that makes him cry. I see the shocked looks of others who unfortunately have also witness the scene and some have crisped their hands. I'm still stunned from the blow to the head but even more from all the insults from my mother. I stand there just in time that the butler enters again and noticed my brother on the screen.

"I'll take care of her, Mark," he said. "You need to get her out of here. It’s not the first time that this has happened."

Mark said nothing and continued to cry while the butler cleans my injury. My brother his finally quiet and is now on the phone asking Jackson to keep an eye on me. Fortunately, my wound is superficial and there is no need to worry, but he ordered me to lie down. I lie on my bed after the door closes behind him and turned to the screen where only Jackson is seen.

"You guys saw everything, didn’t you?" I said.

"Yes," he said sadly. "Mark, talk about his family situation, but we never thought you lived it all. I understand why he's trying to make as much money as possible. Don’t worry Alysa, we'll get you out. "

"Don’t worry" I said without emotion." I can take more of it... Tell him to not work too much and to not think too much about me."

"Alysa!"  Mark voice said, before he takes the place of his dongsang. "Do not say that, please. Now you are going to listen to me very well! I want you to pack your things now! "

"Why?" I said quietly. "For me to go where, exactly?"

"You are going to the airport where you will take the first flight to South Korea." He said to my surprise. "You will come and live with me!"

"What about your group and your company?" I asked.

"They have already been informed and I have already paid for your ticket," he said.

Seeing that nothing could make her mind off things, I decided that it's better for me to do what he told me and so I do my ringing under his eagle eye. An hour later, all my things are stacked in three suitcases including my posters and everything. All that's left are my school supplies and my uniform. I put my most significant effects in my backpack and I must not forget my surfboard and my snowboard. I told my brother to remind me on my phone since I have to put my laptop. He calls me after I put everything away and he told me to point me towards the exit behind. I panic when he saw the door open and it was only the butler who came to help me knowing the plans. I think that Mark had to plan it in advance and thank him mentally. We arrive without problem outside where a van waiting to take me to the Airport weather and give him a long letter I wrote to my parents telling them I left without including my brother in this.