Chapter Thirteen: JYP New Girls Group (Part 1)

A New Healing Start

Two months have passed since my accident and I can say that we are pretty well complete. Even though we all have different talents and specializations, we learn all rather quickly. I am the maknae that does not stop me from helping my eonnis with choreography by staying longer with them after hours. I'm pretty satisfied with the type of dance choreography offers a hip hop style, but with a touch of y. The company still has not found us a dorm so for now we sleep separately. In fact, my eonnis all remain in the dormitory recruits while I am still with GOT7. I prepare for my move knowing that it will be hard not to be with the boys especially with my brother, but I know I am in good hands with my eonnis.

We're practicing our choreography only because the choreographer was not available today when the door opens and the CEO and an unknown man enters. It stops the music and we all bow before him. He smiled and we welcome notes hard work. He presents the unknown and we learn that he is our manager. They look at him surprised, but excited as I look askance and I become cold and distant girl. He notices my eyes and gave me a reassuring smile, but I turn my head. The CEO said that we will schedule where we have different courses according to our specialties. I get lost in my thoughts, looking at my schedule and I raise my hand to get the attention and the right to speak.

"It may not be the time since we are going to debut," I said. "But is that it would be possible for me to go back to school?"

The two men look at me and sighs CEO seeing that I insist. He told me that I would need all the time I have to prepare myself, but if I am ready to work even harder after class, he will see what he could do. I bow and smiled and thanked me saying that somehow my eonnis also go to school.

"I'll let you know," he said before leaving. "I'll call your manager regarding your school, Alysa."

We all the same curve manager before he closes the door behind him. I look at our manager coldly before continuing to dance alone under the sighs of my eonnis.

"My name is Cho Mi-ho and I'm 28 years" he said, we are having. "I am delighted to work with you and do not hesitate to come see me anything."

"Kon'nichiwa, Asami Tanaka, imnida" she said in Japanese and Korean half broken. "I am Japanese from Tokyo and I'm 18."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Saejin Park, imnida" she said, bending her accent. "I'm Korean Busan and I am also 18 years."

"I wondered where your focus was," he said, smiling. "Who is this?"

"Li ho, Shao Yi-Ting, imnida" she said, Taiwanese and Korean. "I come from Taiwan and I speak Mandarin, but mostly Taiwanese. I'm 17. "

"Nín hǎo, Shi Feng Huo, imnida" she said shyly. "I am Chinese from Beijing and I have 17 years."

"Pleased to meet you," he said, looking at just in time as his eyes rested on me. "You, must be Alysa."

I look at him and I bow before returning to dance. My eonnis look at me and sigh Asami eonni approaches me. She told me not to disrespect our new manager and she pushes me so that I am in front of him.

"Alysa Kim imnida" I said coldly. "I'm Korean-Chinese in California and I'm 15."

"Are you the sister of Mark from GOT7?" He asks. "You look a little bit like him and you're as talented as him and more."

I look forward to him a nod and he asked us to sit down so we can talk about our new schedule and how it will work. It gives us another piece in which he asks us to choose between learning a new language, a musical instrument, take lessons on how to present ourselves on reality TV shows, theater, composition etc. I look at the sheet of choice reflecting on what I'm going to take while remaining silent while my eonnis go their choice by asking questions to our new manager. I put my name at the top of the page as described and I check the Japanese, Thai and Taiwanese languages; and composition. I would choose the other courses, but I know that I would have enough with these three languages, composition lessons, courses, martial arts, gymnastics and not forgetting my classes at school. I give my sheet manager and who reads and smiled at me I do not know. He wondered what he could do to earn my trust and he said he should let time do its work. We decided to go back to our practice as our manager will take our leaves to the CEO.

"Alysa, why are you so cold with manager Mi-ho?" Saejin eonni asks. "He is our manager and he will be the most important person in the group."

"Yes, it's true," said Feng Huo eonni his broken Korean. "In addition, it is really nice and welcoming."

I lower my head and I move away from them to keep going when Asami eonni puts a hand on my shoulder. She smiled at me and asked me to sit with her. I know she wants to talk to me and therefore I am in a local form. I feel closer with Asami eonni with the other and they know very well. She has a maternal presence that I have ever known and it reassures me while making me sad. I still sat my hands around my knees to look down and she looks at me to silence. They noticed that I have changed since my incident and I refuse to talk about. She finally took the floor to ask me what happened to me I will be so cold and I stay there without answering. She smiled sadly at seeing tears on my cheeks and she holds me in his arms. It is reassuring that at least I show my emotions and I ask him what I have for me to get abused wherever I go. I was going to open up a little more to it when the door opens and it makes me stiff. I wipe my tears and I bow my head to make me calm. She sighs knowing that I'm still closed and she gets up to join the others.

"Well, I thought we could go eat," said our manager. "We could get to know each other beater and it would be good for everyone to take some fresh air."

"Yes! I'm hungry! "Feng Huo eonni says." Eonnis hurry!"

"You and your hunger," said Yi-Tang sigh.

"Where is Alysa?" Says Mi-ho manager saw me missing.

Asami told him where I find myself saying I contain myself after a little open to it and he told them to pack our things while he goes to talk to me. They nodded before walking to the corner near the sofa where I was sitting still. He sits quietly next to me without saying anything and seeing my tears and smiled a bit before putting her hand on my shoulder to comfort me. His gesture surprises me and I look up to watch it. But it just sits there without saying anything and I find myself not me away from him as I usually do. On the contrary, I feel calm and reassuring gesture that relaxes me slowly and I wipe my tears, thanking look. He smiled at me, including my silent message and told me they were going out to eat. He gets up and turns to me....

"You know, when you feel ready to talk," he said smiling at me. "I'll be there to listen. I'm not just your manager, but a brother, uncle or even a father and I would always be there for you. "

For the first time in years, I put myself smile of gratitude and this probably my eonnis who were watching us from a distance. I get up and I'll put my things. Throughout the meal, I learned more about my eonnis and our manager to the point of telling me that I can possibly be trusted. I realized that I found people I can trust and I can open up to them knowing that they will always be there for me. My phone starts ringing and I smile, seeing that he is my brother. I start to laugh and I put the volume to my eonnis can hear.

"I have just returned from a month's work abroad and I go to the company, all happy to see my sister, but she is not there," he said tearfully. "I feel abandoned by my little sister ..."

"Mark ..." I said with a sigh and my eonnis are trying to hold back their laughter. "I'm sorry for not being there, I'm eating with my eonnis and our new manager..."

"You abandoned me for food..." he said whining again.

"Mark..." I said, discouraged. "You know you’re ruining your reputation by acting like this especially when my eonnis and manager can hear you very well. Why not join us? We're at the restaurant by the company..."

"You did not dare put me on speaker?" Surprised he said. "Thanks for the invitation, were coming."

He hangs up without delay and my eonnis start laughing. Shortly after, my seven oppas come in and join us. I salute them before giving a hug to my brother and we order more things to the delight of Yi-Ting eonni. We are having fun when our manager leaves us to answer a call and he returned later, a big smile.

"Alysa, I have good news," he said giving our full attention and calm returns. "The CEO just called and he said that even if you come from the United States, you can apply to Hanlim Multi Art High School. But, you still have to take the written exam and do the interview and the outcome depends how you manages."

I do not know if as a good news that because I still have to pass the exam and the interview. He told me I have an appointment on Monday and that my statue has a JYP rookie will surely help me. I thank him for all his efforts and return me an encouraging smile. My new behavior surprises my oppas, but they feel relief that I opened  myself a little more and that  I am more happy.