Chapter Eight: Accepting The Offer

A New Healing Start

I'm quite relieved that I am eliminated because the stress was making me crazy and having the same comments about my coldness from SM really frustrated me. What does it matter that I have a cold personality? Do they think it makes me less talented or they fear that I may not be controllable? I respect artists like BoA and I think she probably have some restriction on what she can say and who she can choose from the company. What I saw on the companies, SM Entertainment is one that controls the most artists and that's not a compliment. Anyways, I'm pretty satisfied with my position because I was among the TOP 10 of the season and even earlier, but it does not matter because people will just know me as a TOP 10, but it's better than nothing.

I'm taking my things while watching the other participants winning or losing say goodbye and as is my habit, I'm just nods. I take my things and instead to follow the others to the exit, I head to the scene that is now empty of spectators and most of the staff. Seeing free voice, I decided to go up there and close my eyes reviewing every moment I spent here. I start to sing a song close to my heart and that I had the chance to sing in the competition since they put me in a group. I put all my emotions into the song and I'm so focused that I did not realize that people have entered.

¤¤¤

"She really has a beautiful voice," whispered a voice. "Maybe we should reconsidered our choice"

"You know we cannot do that especially in this stage of the competition," whispered another voice. "If we do that, the audience will think we did favoritism especially with her relationship with the companies."

"Why don’t you recruit her?" the other voice asked. "She has a really too big a talent to be ignored and she already has a link to your company."

"I know I've tried," he said. "I'm really attracted by her talent, but she has already denied."

"But that was before she auditioned for the show," adds another. "She realized her talent and she took a liking to the scene. To me, she will not refuse because she would not be still here, standing on the stage. "

¤¤¤

I sigh, finishing the song and I smile and say that's what my brother must feel when he's on stage. It's a feeling which I will miss and I sighed again once before started to get off the stage, but I freeze. I'm surprised to see both attendance and I nibble lips knowing that I have no right to be here especially without permission. They motioned me to join them and so I go down the few steps and then I am faced with two very important characters; both CEO of YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. I bow before them and I am looking for an excuse to explain my presence on stage. I become the girl without emotions I am and I support their view.

"You know you're very talented," YG compliments me. "You have a beautiful voice and you dance incredibly well ..."

"But I'm too cold," I said without emotion.

"Yes it's true, but that's not why we eliminated you from the competition." JYP said. "It's because you're not made for this kind of competition."

"You're very talented, but you lower yourself to be the height of the other participants' continues YG."I would like to know what holding you back from showing your true talents."

"I am the sister of GOT7 Mark member of a group under JYP Entertainment," I said looking at the president of the company. "If I show what I really am worth and I win, I would be criticized on my family relationship."

"There are many siblings in one of their idols, and this does not cause a problem," says YG. "As 2NE1 Sandara and MBLAQ Thunder, Twins Boyfriends, Jessica SNSD and Krystal F (X). Their family tie does not change that they are talented idols. "

"Anyway I lost my chance," I always say without emotion. "I'm out of the competition ..."

"Maybe," said JYP. "But that does not mean that my offer is no longer valid. I mean really recruited you Alysa. You're really talented and I know you have a place in my company. "

I looked carefully and I do not know what to think. The fact that he still insists that surely means that he he’s really excited about me, but am I really ready for such a life? It is true that nothing really holding me since the only person I want, is part of the company. I know in my heart that I want to find this feeling that I feel when I'm on stage, and the only way to do this is to accept his offer. I looked carefully and I told him I'd take the evening to think about it and that I would contact tomorrow during the day. He accepted with a smile and I bow to them thanking them for their support during the competition.

"I'll never forget the advice you tell me" I said, bowing again. "Thanks again."

I give them one last salute before leaving the room and point me towards the exit. My brother told me that he would come get me and so I called. I sit down to wait and look at the matter since there gave me the phone number card. I'm going to take all night to think about it, even if it deprives me of a night's sleep that I deserve. I sighed as I hear at the sound of car horns and I get up sending my brother in the car. I'm a little surprised seeing that JB, Jr. and Jackson are with him and I salute them before they embarked with my things. I'm still lost in my thoughts as I think back to the discussion earlier and I do not realize worried looks that others send me.

"Is everything okay Alysa?" my brother asks.

"Yeah, just glad it’s over," I said distracted.

"What! You were eliminated? "Is he exclaims, turning his head to look at me.

I am silent while watching distracted card and they notice.

"What are you holding like that?" Finally asks Jackson.

"Ah, it's nothing," I said hiding the business card in my pocket.

They know that something is bothering me and they also know that it is best to wait to be back in the dorm before speaking. My brother turns on the radio to lighten the mood and I listen to music quietly, closing his eyes.

"I understand now why you love being on stage," I said simply, almost in a whisper.

That's the only thing I say all the way and they say I must be just disappointed to be eliminated. We finally arrived in front of the building and JB parked the car in the underground garage under the building. We all get out and walk to the elevator. We finally arrived in front of our dorm and I sigh wile coming in, heading straight to my room to drop off my things. I resort to direct me to the kitchen still in silence to make me something to eat. Mark looks at me carefully and he sighs before approaching me. He puts a hand on my shoulder that makes me tense up a bit since I have not heard him come.

"You must be tired," he said in Mandarin. "Go get some rest while we order something."

I thank him before going to my room to take my pajamas and I head to the bathroom to take a hot shower. I get out after taking a long hot shower well deserved and I head to the living room where the boys are in the process of playing video games. I sit on the sofa in silence and feel the eyes of my brother who sits next to me. He sticks to me, but I digress. My gesture surprised him and he looks at me again carefully. Even if I do not show my emotions, I always accept gestures of affection from my brother, but not right now.

"What’s wrong Alysa?" He asked seriously. "You're colder than usual. Is it your elimination makes you like that? "

"No," I said. "I'm not colder than usual"

He walks back to me, but again I digress and sigh, knowing that I would tell him nothing. I get up to get something in my room and I come back to give the business card to my brother. He is surprised by reading the name on the card, but he is excited. I told him the conversation I had with both the CEO and all eyes rest on me, curious about my answer.

"I told him that I would take the evening to make my decision," I tell them.

"Alysa Seriously, what's holding you back?" my brother asked. "You know you're talented and you love to sing and dance, then what is holding you back?"

"I'm afraid of the unknown and of what others will think of me," I said almost in a whisper. "I never had any friends to the point of me wary of others and I am cold without showed my emotions. What will they think of me? "

"Stop underestimating you," he said. "Thinking of you and forget the rest. This will perhaps take time, but they go from valued for who you really are. And maybe this will help you to become the girl you were before. "

He smiled at me and I sighed before taking his cell phone and called the number. JYP answered my call surprised but pleased when I told him I accepted his offer. He said he is very happy and gives me an appointment tomorrow at 10am at his company. I hang up and I see the boys smiled me happy with my decision.

"Do not worry, Alysa" said BamBam. "We will be there to help you and support you."