Love

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you ready, Miss?" Jieun's driver asked her. She'd been standing in front of the black Benz destined to take her to school for a good ten minutes now. She would still be five minutes early if they left now. 

"I don't know," She mumbled.

"Excuse me?" He asked politely, not having heard her.

She shook her head, as if snapping out of a trance, and smiled at him, "It was nothing. I'm ready."

Asking him to drop her off at the school's corner would totally defeat the purpose of getting in the car, at all, since he'd only be driving her one block. She sat back in the soft leather and looked out of the window, slightly envying the students walking next to them. 

"Thank you," She waved him goodbye, even having waited for him to get out and open the door for her, inciting odd stares and blatant whispering from everyone present. 

Maybe she should have gone to that prestigious private school her aunt had suggested. I wouldn't get treated as I do here, she thought, then scoffed, amused at the foolishness she had displayed when choosing to attend the school nearest her house. She was never going to be treated like just another student. 

All sorts of misunderstood-teenager thoughts in her mind, she took one look at the throngs of students filing through the doors behind which the hall in which the entrance ceremony would be held and opted out. If she was going to be different automatically, might as well make an effort to be really different. 

However, she just ended up sitting in an empty classroom. Bored. 

My sister would have never been this stupid, she sighed, then stood up suddenly, shocked at her, in her opinion, inappropriate thought. After a moment, she plopped back down noticeably more tired and decided to do what she always did when in need of a distraction. Read. 

She was just reaching an interesting part in her story when she heard the door at the back, nearest her, open. She looked up to meet eyes with a figment of her imagination. Or so she thought. After looking back at her book as if nothing had happened, she suddenly realized that there was no way that something out of her mind would open a door. Or exist. She looked up quickly again, to see a group of boys standing awkwardly together, seemingly introducing themselves to each other, and there, smack in the middle of them, was the extremely good-looking boy that had come in first. 

She saw his head move a little and she hurriedly looked back down at the tome in her hands, heart beating fast. His eyes seemed to bore into the side of her face. Jesus Christ, she used a phrase she had just recently learnt from an American movie that had been playing in one of her father's associates' houses wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter