As Long As You're With Me

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun huffed, putting down her pen after almost completely rewriting a paper one of her juniors had asked her to correct. Because they had both been working nonstop, she hadn't seen Jiyong in a few days. 

In the middle of a few minutes' break, her phone started vibrating, her screen signaling an unknown number. Both her work and her family often put her in a position in which she would receive these types of calls, if not constantly, very often, which is why she did not hesitate to answer. 

"Hello." She leaned back in her chair, her tone fully professional. 

"Em," A tentative voice greeted her from the other side. "Is this Cho Jieun?"

"Yes, this is she." She raised her eyebrows, ever so averse to people who refused to get to the point. 

"Hello, Jieun, this is Kiko speaking." The girl suddenly switched to Japanese. "Mizuhara Kiko."

After a split second moment of shock, Jieun spoke again. "Yes, of course, how can I help you?"

"Could we, perhaps, meet?"

Jieun walked into the coffee house, her outfit as haphazardly chic as ever.

"Hello." She said, sitting down on the empty chair across from Kiko, who had seemingly not noticed her entrance. Her face didn't betray a hint of emotion.

"Jieun!" Kiko immediately straightened up, previously immersed in her thoughts. "How are you?" 

"Fine, thank you." The other girl answered. One of the waiters approached their table to ask if she would be having her latte. That was the extent of how she frequented the establishment, due to it having the best coffee nearest her studio. "What was it you wanted to discuss?" 

"Well," She bit her lip, looking, Jieun admitted to herself, as enchanting as ever. "That night," She looked up to meet her eyes, gauging her reaction. "I told Jiyong that I wanted to get back together." Seeing no visible change in her listener's expression, she looked back out the window, at whatever had called her attention before it had been disrupted by the other's arrival. "He rejected me, but I don't think he meant it."

"Why are you telling me this?" Jieun asked, her inner voice screaming at her to just leave. She didn't.

Kiko looked at her. "What do you think?"

It doesn't matter what I think. "I will respect whatever decision he makes. It is not my life to meddle in." 

The girl's large eyes analyzed her as if trying to catch her in the act. The act of what, she di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter