Love

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me, sir," The flight attendant smiled politely, "Would you like something to drink?"

Jiyong just shook his head, not bothering to break his gaze. Jieun refused, as well, sighing and leaning her head on her hand so it was turned away from her best friend. 

Honestly, she thought, he's been blatantly staring at me for the past three hours. Isn't he embarrassed, at all? She felt her face heat up for the umpteenth time since seeing Jiyong. 

But, she glanced at the boy, who was, thankfully, taking a break from his new found hobby while he looked for something in his bag. He looked up and met her eyes, and, as a reflex, she smiled at him. I guess he's always been this way.

If she had continued looking at the idol, she would have seen him blush, as well, and look away. But she had already put in her earphones, the music only aiding to take her further away from reality. She had taken this same flight a couple of years ago, though, back then, Jiyong had been waiting for her at the destination.

"Why are there so many people here?" Jieun heard someone behind her whine.

"I don't know, maybe a celebrity is here, as well," Their companion answered. 

The girl suddenly perked up, but instead of looking excited, as any other young woman would have, her face seemed to register... worry? Was that... annoyance? 

She found her luggage almost immediately, enlisting the help of a worker to haul the half a dozen bags to the car she was planning to hire. She had been living in Japan for nearly four years. She strode out of customs into the opening in which arriving passengers were usually greeted by their family members and friends, and was quick to spot the source of the commotion. She, however, did her best to ignore the five boys holding signs that read Cho Jieun in bold black lettering. 

Her plan failed. 

"Hey!" A familiar voice made her grimace, and she stopped in the middle of her attempt to escape by the side, "Where do you think you're going?"

She slowly turned around, glad that her sunglasses hid her eyes. She was, almost ridiculously, afraid that they'd betray the way her heart fluttered. She hadn't seen Jiyong in almost a year, due to factor including but not limited to his first worldwide tour and the ever increasing demand for her work overseas. But, why did he have the ability to make her heart jump all the way up to with a single look? No! She hadn't even properly looked at him before her pulse accelerated! Damn him and his stupid gorgeous face!

"Oh, hello." She said, her voice monotonous. "I didn't see you standing there in your flashy clothes surrounded by crazed fan girls." She shrugged. "Sorry."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter