(And) The End Is Unknown

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kiko's in Seoul." Taeyeon said over the phone.

"I know," Jieun replied simply, concentrating on the documents in front of her. 

"How do you feel?" Was the tentative question, implying so much more than the girl had the energy to delve into.

"About what?" She asked, tired. 

"About Jiyong!" Taeyeon yelled into her ear, she sighed, "He was only in love with her like for a decade. You've been in love with him for a century,"

"There's nothing to feel." She took off her reading glasses and, rubbing her eyes, chose to ignore the second part of her intervention. "They already broke up, I just hope they don't end up bumping into each other somewhere public so the press can twist the situation into some sort of rendezvous." I just hope they don't bump into each other, at all, she admitted to herself.

"You just hope they won't end up bumping into each other, at all, don't you?" Jieun dropped her hand and widened her eyes, shocked at the incredible speed at which her best girl friend was able to understand her. "In all honesty, so do I. That girl always gave me bad vibes. But I doubt she's going to come all the way here and leave without even seeing him. You're the one that told me that she still texts him occasionally."

"But he always ignores her." She replied, trying to focus on the facts in front of her, once again, "Anyway," She said before Taeyeon could speak again, "I am in the middle of work, so, if you'd like, we can continue this conversation tonight..." She trailed off, leaving the time up for her friend to decide. Instead, though, she heard a sigh.

"Sorry, Jieun." She replied, "My boyfriend wants me to meet his high school classmates, I'll be busy tonight."

"That's fine." The other shrugged. "Then I'll speak to you tomorrow, yeah?" 

"Of course." Taeyeon chirped. "I'll be looking forward to you spilling your guts out to me."

"That sounds unpleasant." Was the dry reply, then, more cheerfully, "Have fun!" And they hung up. 

"Did you get my picture?" Was the first thing Jiyong asked when she picked up.

"Yeah," She replied, "It's cute. Who are you with?" 

"Some friends, and, uh, Kiko." He said, timidly.

She raised her eyebrows, sensing the mood. "Kiko?"

"Yeah, Kiko Mizuhara, she's a model." He answered.

"And is she not your friend?" She pointed out the obvious incongruity in his previous statement.

"She's kind of," Jieun heard her friend sigh. "I kind of like her."

"Oh." Was her simple reply. 

"Hi." The pretty girl held out her hand. "I'm Mizuhara Kiko, you can just call me Kiko."

It had been some three months since she'd discovered her existence. 

Jieun shook it, smiling curtly, "Cho Jieun, thank you for taking care of Jiyong."

"Not at all." She smiled back brilliantly. "If anything, he's always the one taking care of me."

"What do you think of her?" Jiyong plopped down later that night on Jieun's bed. They were in the Yaeyama Islands for the weekend. Everyone but them two were staying at a hotel. Jieun's family had a house and a whole stretch of beach under their name.

"She's pretty," She sought the right word to describe his new love interest, but, in the end, settled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter