Chapter 6

Hidden Destiny

Chapter Six

(Seohyun’s POV)

The whole school knew the rumor about Suho and Taeyeon dating. I was glad about it. Taeyeon felt humiliated. Suho was totally pissed. And that’s what made the worst of worst very funny. I spent my free time teasing Taeyeon and she was so not happy about it; while I was enjoying every minute of it.

“So, any plans for the future?” I asked Taeyeon.

She stopped peeping at the window of the Painting Room and turned to looked at me.

“What future?”

“You know…” I shrugged. “After finishing college, do you plan to marry Suho?”

“You’re hopeless!” Taeyeon felt defeated.

I couldn’t help laughing really hard.

“Stop it!” Taeyeon slapped my my shoulder while peeping through the window again. “They’re coming out!”

I stopped laughing and switched to alert mode.

A group of students who came out of the room slowed down to stare at Taeyeon who was still peeping through the window.

“It seems like the rumor is true.” Xiumin said.

“Yeah, the girlfriend’s waiting for her boyfriend.” Sehun added.

At that moment, I saw Jessica emerging from the room.

“There she is!” I said loudly to make sure the group heard.

“Jessica! Taeyeon and I have been waiting for you.” I called to Jessica.

I may be enjoying the issue, but Taeyeon’s still my bestfriend.

“Hey, girls!” Jessica bounced to where we were. “How’s it going?”

Taeyeon’s face fell. “How’s WHAT going?”

“Jessica, you know that Taeyeon’s not so happy about it, right?” I tried to hide my amusement. “You should have seen Suho, though. He’s pissed to the bones!”

Jessica and I laughed. Taeyeon glared at us.

“Suho, dude! There’s your girl!” We heard Huang Zitao shouting.

Suho was standing behind us with Kyungsoo and Tao.

Taeyeon’s and Suho’s faces flushed bright red.

Kyungsoo slapped Tao’s nape. “Leave them alone, will you?”

“Ouch. Ya!” Tao complained.

“What?!” Kyungsoo growled.

“Nothing!” Tao growled back.

“Shall we go to the library, please?” I suggested.

 

We sat at a table at the corner of the library. We agreed not to leave Taeyeon and Suho alone as they talk so as not to add fuel to the fire.

“Suho, I’m really sorry.” Taeyeon was saying.

“It’s not your fault. Nobody wanted this…” Suho stopped what he was saying and stared at the rest of us (Kyungsoo, Tao, Jessica, and me).

“I’m sure these four people are enjoying this; but, what I mean is, nobody from us two  wanted this to happen.” Suho corrected himself.

“Are you sure?” I taunted.

Taeyeon glared at me.

“Kidding.” I quickly took my words back.

“I feel guilty.” Taeyeon told Suho. “I just wanted to thank you that’s why I gave you the cookies. I never thought people would misunderstand…”

“Kim Taeyeon,” Jessica sighed. “Suho’s not blaming you, okay?”

“I was just explaining my side.” Taeyeon retorted.

“Suho already knows that.” Jessica pointed out.

“And it’s not like this is a fatal issue, right?” Kyungsoo said.

“That’s right! Chill out!” Tao told Suho and Taeyeon.

“Who asked for your opinion?” Kyungsoo snapped at Tao.

“I was supporting you!” Tao reasoned.

“I don’t need it. I have too many fans.” Kyungsoo waved his hand at his friend.

“This big-eyed guy is scary.” Tao told us, referring to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo grabbed Tao’s shirt by the collar.

“Eiy!” I scolded the two. “We have a problem at hand!”

“The question is: what shall we do?” Jessica proposed.

“Easy!” Tao said right away.

All of us stared at him, suddenly alert.

“They both should start dating other people.” Tao answered simply.

“Wow… I never thought you were wise enough.” Jessica was awed.

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?” Tao asked her.

“That’s already a compliment for bird-brained creatures like you.” Kyungsoo snapped at him.

“I have an idea, Taeyeon!” I grinned.

“What?” Taeyeon asked me.

“Baekhyun!” I said.

“No.” Taeyeon turned me down.

“Why not? My cousin’s cute, you know. Girls would be jealous of you.”

“Seohyun, I am not using anybody.” Taeyeon firmly declared.

“That’s absurd!” I complained.

“Absurd your face!” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue at me.

“It’s okay!” Suho spoke up, stopping our argument. “I’ll solve the problem.”

“Do you know someone who can pretend to be your girlfriend?” Jessica asked him.

“No…” Tao answered for him with a wide smile plastered on his face. “He has got his eyes on some girl already.”

“And who is this ‘some girl’ you’re talking about?” Jessica asked.

“Yoo Heyi.” Suho replied.

“HEYI WHO?!” Taeyeon, Jessica, and I all cried at once.

“SSSSSSHHHHH!!!” The other students in the library hissed furiously at us.

“Yoo Heyi.” Suho repeated softly.

“OMO! That was the crazy girl who kept running after Baekhyun ever since we were little!” I exclaimed while covering my mouth with my hands.

Suho and Tao looked at me disapprovingly.

“Sorry.” I apologized.

“Who’s Yoo Heyi?” Kyungsoo asked the two other boys.

They stared at him with disbelief.

“Errr…” Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly.

I noticed how his lips formed a heart shape for the first time.

Cute~

 

(Taeyeon’s POV)

When I confessed my feelings to him on our graduation day, I never imagined that things would end up this way. I felt like dying when I saw him again; and when we got involved in a rumor about the two of us dating, I felt like I was in hell thinking that he must be cursing for being part of my life. Worst of all, I felt heartbroken with these in mind.

 

(Seohyun’s POV)

I got home and found Baekhyun and Chen eating cupcakes at the living room.

“Hey ‘couz! What’s up?” Baekhyun greeted me as Chen simultaneously said, “Hi, Seohyun! Any news?”

I knew they were both talking about Suho and Taeyeon.

“Nothing new.” I shrugged as I sat down beside Chen and helped myself with the cookies. “We already have a solution to the probem, though. I mean, Suho has a solution to their problem.”

“I’m guessing that’s bad news for you?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah. You’ve been enjoying this the whole time.” Chen laughed.

“As if you two are not.” I smirked at them.

We fell silent for a moment.

“Is there a problem?” Baekhyun noticed my gloomy aura.

I smiled sadly at them.

“You can always confide to us. We’re your friends. I’m your cousin.” Baekhyun told me.

“Well…” I hesitated for a moment. “Do you remember Yoo Heyi?”

“Oh! Yoo Heyi.” Chen nodded. He turned to Baekhyun. “Isn’t that the crazy noona who kept running after you?”

*noona – used by a boy to address an older girl

Baekhyun nodded.

“What’s with Heyi?” Baekhyun asked me.

“Suho likes her. He’s planning to court her. That’s how he would solve their problem.”

“And so?” Chen was confused. “What does that have to do with you?

“Taeyeon’s hurt, of course! She may not admit it; but, being her best friend, I know she’s hurting. I know how much she likes Suho. But he’s too numb and stupid to see that her feelings are sincere. He probably thinks it’s just an infatuation.”

“Seohyun, the only thing that you could do is to be always there for Taeyeon.” Baekhyun told me.

“Cheer her up.”Chen added. “Baekhyun and I are also here. And Jessica, too.”

A light bulb lit above my head. I glanced at Baekhyun. He was staring at me with innocent, eyeliner framed eyes.

“Perfect!” I snapped my fingers.

“Goodnight, Baekhyun.” I stood up and kissed Baekhyun on the cheek.

“Goodnight, Chennie~” I waved at Chen.

The two boys gaped at me.

I quickly ran up to my room and called Jessica.