Chapter 11

Hidden Destiny

Chapter Eleven

(Taeyeon’s POV)

Suho was not only avoiding me; he was also avoiding the rest of my friends. Worse, Seohyun and Jessica didn’t seem to care. Everytime Seohyun saw him, her whole being falls into an evil trance. She always glared at him, especially when he’s with Heyi.

And today was no exemption.

It was Sunday morning. I was sitting on a bench at the park, waiting for Seohyun. We were supposed to meet before proceeding to our respective dates. Luhan and Seohyun were having a lunch date; while I agreed to finally meet Park Chanyeol.

“Hey, Taeyeon!” I saw Kyungsoo arriving with Kim Jongin, one of our blocmates.

“Hi, guys.” I greeted them as they got closer to where I was.

“Waiting for somebody?” Kyungsoo asked me.

“Yes. I’m waiting for Seohyun.” I replied.

“Oh… by the way, this is Kim Jongin.” He introduced Jongin to me.

“I know. He’s our blocmate.” I pointed out.

“Oh, I thought you don’t know him. You’ve never talked to him.” Kyungsoo reasoned.

“That’s right. We never talked.” Jongin said to me. “You’re actually much prettier up close. No wonder Kyungsoo …”

“Ah… Taeyeon!” Kyungsoo interrupted.

“What?” I asked him.

“Y-your friends are here!” He pointed behind me.

I turned around, expecting to see Seohyun. Instead, I saw Tao waving at us, with Suho close behind.

“What are you doing here?” Tao asked Kyungsoo.

“Jongin and I were just passing by when we saw Taeyeon alone; so we decided to drop by.” Kyungsoo answered. “What about you?”

“I accompanied Suho. He’s meeting Heyi.” Tao answered. “What about you Taeyeon?”

“She finally agreed to meet Park Chanyeol.” The newly-arrived Jessica answered for me as she sat down beside me.

“Hi, guys!” Seohyun, who was with her, bumped fists with Kyungsoo.

Smiling widely, Tao raised his fists in an attempt to bump with Seohyun’s but she ignored it and sat down on my other side.

“What the-” Tao complained.

Jessica stuck out her tongue at him.

“Why are you two mad at me???” Tao asked Jessica and Seohyun.

The two girls didn’t answer but continued glaring at him.

“Dude, why don’t we just sit somewhere else.” Suho suggested.

“Yeah, come on.” Tao said and went to sit with Suho on the other bench.

“Hey, Taeyeon!” Kyungsoo said. “Are you really dating Park Chanyeol?”

“He kept bothering Taeyeon so she agreed in the end.” Jessica loudly answered for me.

“We can hear you! You’re too loud!” Tao informed Jessica in an even louder voice.

“Whatever!” Jessica snapped at him.

“Chanyeol’s very lucky.” Kyungsoo said quietly.

“Eh?” I asked him.

“W-what?” Kyungsoo stammered. “I said you’re lucky to be dating Park Chanyeol.”

Jongin laughed all of a sudden.

What’s he laughing at? Is he crazy?

Kyungsoo lightly punched him on the shoulder.

What is wrong with these guys?

“Lucky girl, ain’t she?” Seohyun gestured at me. “Park Chanyeol is every girls’ dream guy and he has set his eyes on Taeyeon.”

“He was my crush before. He’s like the hottest guy in school; even hotter than Kris Wu. I mean, Kris is more handsome but Chanyeol’s hotter.” Jessica added.

“If I were you, I’d answer him.” Jongin chimed in.

“Eh? Are you gay?” I asked him.

“Did I say I’m gay? I said ‘if I were you’.” Jongin explained.

“Well, you’re not me.” I shrugged.

“Taeyeon!” Jessica shrieked.

“What?!” I shrieked back at her.

“If I were you, I’ll marry Chanyeol right away.” Jessica said in a calmer tone.

“You’re not me.” I repeated.

“Taeyeon, don’t answer Chanyeol.” Seohyun told me.

“Thank goodness! Somebody’s on my side!” I sighed.

“Yeah, my cousin’s better.” Seohyun smiled at me.

“WHAT?!” Kyungsoo and I cried in unison.

We glanced at each other.

“I-I mean, Baekhyun likes you, too?” Kyungsoo asked me.

“Yes!” Seohyun answered.

“No!” I shook my head.

“Yes!” Jessica negated me.

“Oh, no! Not Baekhyun! That’s a big problem, Kyungsoo.” Jongin patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“What’s a big problem?” Seohyun asked Jongin.

“Don’t tell me you like Baekhyun? Are you gay, too?” Jessica asked Kyungsoo.

“You’re both gay?” I asked Kyungsoo and Jongin.

“NO!” Kyungsoo cried defensively.

“Wait… something’s not right…” Jessica was thinking.

After a moment, Jessica’s eyes widened.

“Hey, Kyungsoo! Do you like…” Jessica paused teasingly.

“OMO! Do you like Taeyeon?!” Seohyun’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

“N-no!” Kyungsoo denied. “Hey! We gotta go! We just dropped by for a while but we really need to go! See ya!”

“Bye, guys!” Jongin managed to wave at us as Kyungsoo dragged him away.

“Tao! Suho! We’ll go ahead!” Kyungsoo called to his two friends.

“I didn’t know you liked Taeyeon, dude!” Tao laughed at Kyungsoo as they left.

“Not true!” I heard Kyungsoo say before they turned a corner and disappeared.

I was speechless. Seohyun and Taeyeon were laughing. Tao was also laughing. Suho stared at me with a blank expression.

“Why are you suddenly quiet, Taeyeon?” Jessica teased me.

“How am I supposed to react?” I snapped at her.

Seohyun and Jessica laughed at me.

Heyi arrived at that scene with Lizzy. She greeted Suho and Tao. Jessica and Seohyun ignored her and continued laughing. I remained silent.

“Hey, girls! How’s it going?” Heyi tried to catch our attention.

“Kyungsoo is cute, too, Taeyeon. You’re so lucky.” Jessica ignored Heyi.

“Jessica’s right. Kyungsoo’s totally my crush. If it weren’t for Luhan, I’d go after Kyungsoo.” Seohyun added.

“What a would you be if you do that.” Heyi commented.

“Look who’s talking.” Jessica shrugged without looking at her.

Jessica and Seohyun laughed again. This time, I laughed with them.

“You, witches!” Heyi spat.

We stopped laughing for a moment to stare at her. Jessica shrugged. We laughed again.

“Why don’t you just ignore them. Let’s not make a scene here.” Suho advised Heyi.

“From the tone of your voice, Suho, it seems that we’re the ones on the wrong side.” Jessica said.

“It was your girlfriend who kept talking when nobody’s even asking for her opinion.” Seohyun added.

“And she called Seohyun a .” I added.

“You think of me as a .” Heyi snapped at me.

“Are you affected?” I asked her.

“You ask that to yourself!” She told me. “Aren’t you the one flirting with many boys?”

“That’s not called flirting, idiot!” Jessica shot back. “Those boys are courting her! It’s not her fault to be very attractive.”

“Are you jealous of Taeyeon because Baekhyun liked her at first glance while he ignored you when you’ve been running after him all these years?” Seohyun mocked Heyi.

“I’m not. Now, let me ask your friend.” Heyi glared at me. “Are you jealous of me because Suho liked me at first glance while he ignored you when you’ve been running after him all these years?”

“I’m not.” I frimly answered, locking gazes with her. “You may eat him if you like.”