Chapter 2

Hidden Destiny

Chapter Two

(Seohyun’s POV)

          As I walked along the corridors of Seoul University, I suddenly felt nervous.

I miss my friends.

I was saddened by the thought.

Right now, my friends would probably be hugging each other and telling each other they missed them. If only I stayed in LA and studied there with my friends… If only my parents hadn’t forced me to live with my uncle here in Korea… If only... Wait, why am I talking to myself? Okay, stop it, Seohyun. You look stupid.

I hung out at the school cafeteria before the bell rang for the first period classes.

“Hey, Seohyun? Is that you?” Somebody called.

I turned around and saw Kim Suho. He was my school mate back in high school. We were not super close but I was happy to know at least someone in this school.

“Gosh! Suho!” I made him sit on the empty chair in front of me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him as soon as he sat down. “I heard you’ll be studying in China. Have I heard wrong? No, I haven’t. I remember it correctly. That’s even the reason why Taeyeon…” I stopped myself.

Taeyeon was my high school classmate back in Los Angeles. It was rumored that during our graduation day, she confessed her long-time feelings for Suho.

I cleared my throat. Suho smiled at me. He always smiled. It was his hobby. People at our old school called him “Mr. Killer Smile”. He’s the only heartthrob who’s not snobbish.

That’s right, Suho was a hearththrob back during high school. He was handsome, rich, and a kind gentleman. His skin was flawless and fair. His face was small and totally stunning. He was Mr. Perfect. Who wouldn’t fall for him? Well, me. Basically because I stood almost as tall as him which is totally not right.

So anyway…

“My dad’s family vacated China and moved here.” Suho said. “They put up a Chinese Restaurant here, that’s why. What about you?”

“My parents made me live with my uncle here. My cousin is actually my blocmate.”

“Oh, who is she?”

“My cousin’s a ‘he’. His name’s Byun Baekhyun.”

“That name sounds familiar. What’s your course?”

“Medical Technology.”

“We have the same course, then. There’s only one bloc for Medtech.”

“Really?! We’re blocmates then!”

“Well, the gods are on our side.” He laughed.

I frowned at his lame joke. This guy’s really handsome but his brain was lacking many abilities; and cracking a good joke was one of them. Just like my former classmate, Taeyeon, who was always bullied by her friend Paolo because of this syndrome which we call “corny”…

Speaking of Taeyeon…

“Hey, Suho, I’m sorry for mentioning Taeyeon earlier.” I apologized.

“No, it’s alright.” He smiled. “Do you know where she’s studying?”

“Why? Do you want to stalk her?” I teased.

“What? No! I was just curious how come she was so sure that we wouldn’t be seeing each other anymore?” He was asking himself more than he was asking me.

“Maybe because she knew that you’ll be studying in China.” I shrugged.

“How could she know that?” He asked.

This guy’s really stupid.

“When you like someone, you’ll know those things.” I slowly explained to him as if he was some stupid elementary pupil.

“Is that so? I thought she’ll be studying somewhere else…” He said.

“No, she wouldn’t. I heard she and her circle of friends planned to study at the same university in Los Angeles.”

“So, she’ll never see me again.” He told himself.

“Why? Do you feel regret? Had you realized that you also liked her when she confessed her feelings to you?” I again.

“It’s not like that.” He denied. “I’m just worried about how she would feel if we saw each other again.”

 

When we arrived at our room, the teacher wasn’t there. There were still a few vacant chairs. Suho and I sat together. I looked for my cousin, Baekhyun, but he was not yet in.

“Seohyun!”

Speaking of whom, I heard Baekhyun calling me.

I looked towards his voice and saw him entering the room with a cute boy with high cheekbones and whose lip corners were raised upward.

“Baekhyun!” I motioned to the vacant chairs in front of us.

They sat down.

“This is Kim Suho, my schoolmate back in LA.”

“Nice to meet you.” Baekhyun extended his hand out for a shake.

“Yeah, same here.” Suho shook Baekhyun’s hand.

“By the way, this is my bestfriend, Chen Kim.” Baekhyun introduced his friend to us.

“Hi.” Suho and I greeted him.

“Oh my gosh!” I exclaimed.

The three boys almost jumped at my sudden shriek.

I pointed at her. She was standing by the door. Her eyes also widened at the sight of me.

I nudged Suho and motioned for him to look. He looked, and as I expected, his eyes almost popped out of their sockets.