Chapter 17 - Final Chapter

Hidden Destiny

Chapter Seventeen

(Seohyun’s POV)

Before the first period, I went to the library to meet Luhan. I sat down at our designated meeting spot. As I expected, he was not there, yet.

I went to school early that day. Baekhyun was still eating breakfast when I left the house. He was busy talking to someone, probably Chen, on the phone.

Obviously, Taeyeon’s not around, too. And even if she was, she would meet up with Suho so it was pointless.

 Jessica would surely be late. She must be the last student to come to school. Also, even if she was not late, she would be too busy admiring Lay and his dimples.

As I sat there reading a book, I heard a familiar voice talking.

Is that Suho? Why is he early today?

Suho, and whoever he was talking to, talked in a low voice and I could barely hear what they were saying.

“Hand these roses… lunch time… Kim Taeyeon…… spread the word…… make sure…… okay?”

I heard more than one student agreeing.

“Thank you.” Suho said in a normal voice.

I heard footsteps and the dispersed students passed by me.

“Hey! You’re early today.” Suho said as he took the seat opposite me.

His face was red and he looked tense.

“Been here. Heard that.” I confirmed.

“Oh…” His face got redder.

“Are you gonna tell me or am I gonna tell Taeyeon?” I threatened.

“No! Don’t spoil it to her!” He cried.

“Well…?” I smiled wickedly.

“It’s a surprise for Taeyeon.”

“What about it? Tell me!”

“That’s all I’m giving away. See you around, Seohyun! Bye!”

And he was gone in a nanosecond.

I felt kinda jealous.

Don’t get me wrong!

I was happy for Taeyeon but I just didn’t understand why Luhan hadn’t prepared anything for me. He was not the romantic type.

Speaking of the devil…

Luhan arrived as I was pondering about him.

“Paboya!” He greeted, kissing my cheek.

“Suho was here a while ago.” I ignored his greeting.

“Oh.” He replied shortly.

I patiently waited as he sat down on the chair Suho vacated, pulled out his laptop from his bag, punched a few keys on it, and stared at the screen as if anticipating something.

“That was it?” I asked.

“Huh?” He asked without even looking up.

“I said Suho was here a while ago!”

“Yeah?”

“He’s preparing a surprise for Taeyeon. I heard him talking to some students.”

“That’s cool.”

“Isn’t it romantic?”

“Yeah. Sweet.”

Aish! I give up! Forget it!

 

The boys were nowhere to be found. Only Taeyeon, Jessica, and I were together during lunch. We had just taken our seats at our lunch table when the first red rose arrived. Soon, students were flocking and handing roses to Taeyeon.

“This was what I told you earlier. Suho’s surprise for Taeyeon.” I whispered to Jessica.

“You both knew this?” Taeyeon asked us.

“Not entirely. I overheard Suho talking to some students at the library.” I said.

The red roses were already a heap on the table when he appeared. Students were throwing red and white rose petals at him for effect. He was holding a huge bouquet of pure white roses. The bouquet covered his face.

Taeyeon stood up. Jessica and I joined her.

It seems that Suho won over Baekhyun. I should be happy… Suho’s also my friend…

“So now, are you finally choosing Suho over Baek…”

I wasn’t able to finish my question for Taeyeon because I spotted Suho with Kyungsoo and Tao at the other side of the canteen.

“What the-… I thought you said…” Taeyeon couldn’t finish what she was telling me

I glanced at Taeyeon. She was also looking at Suho’s direction.

We looked at the guy holding the bouquet of white roses.

“Could he be-” I wasn’t able to finish.

Baekhyun slowly lowered the bouquet and we finally saw his unusually hotter features.

I was so overjoyed that Taeyeon and I jumped up and down while holding each others’ hands.

I’m so proud of my cousin!!!

That is what you call authentic surprise. We didn’t see it coming. It was unexpected.

Taeyeon was blushing deep red and her eyes were shining.

Baekhyun turned around and showed us his back.

Printed on his shirt with red ink are the words:

WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?

ps: saranghaeyo yongwoni

*saranghaeyo yongwoni = I love you forever

Hoots and cheers were heard from the crowd.

Baekhyun turned back to us. Still smiling, he raised an eyebrow questioningly at Taeyeon.

“So?” He asked her.

“Yes!” Jessica and I answered.

“Aish!” Taeyeon irritatedly glanced at us.

Baekhyun handed the bouquet to Taeyeon.

“I’ll answer you in private.” Taeyeon whispered to him.

Then, a few dozen party poppers popped one after the other. Tulip petals rained down and covered the floor, chairs, and tables.

“There’s more?” I asked Baekhyun, feeling really impressed.

“Are you sure you can clean this up later?” Jessica asked him.

Before Baekhyun could answer, we saw a huge canvas flopping open. The canvas says:

PABOYA!

BE MY GIRL FOREVER!!!

It didn’t say “Please” or “Will you”; it was some sort of a command.

Paboya? I don’t think this is still from Baekhyun for Taeyeon… is this from…

Luhan entered the canteen, with Lay and Chen as his convoy. Luhan handed me a bouquet of red tulips.

I made no move to take it. I was still mad at him for ignoring me at the library earlier.

“Are you still mad at me for ignoring you at the library? It was part of the plan!” He said.

I frowned at him.

“I’ll make it up to you. Let’s ditch class and go out on a date.” He whispered.

“We’ll go with you.” Baekhyun whispered behind us.

 

(Taeyeon’s POV)

Luhan, Seohyun, Baekhyun, and I ditched our classes and went out to date. Ha ha!!

Seohyun sat beside me, Luhan was opposite her, and Baekhyun opposite me.

Seohyun was still mad at Luhan. She ignored him and talked to me, instead.

“I know you’re still mad, but…” Luhan tried to explain.

“What’s he talking about?” Seohyun asked me.

How am I supposed to know?! That’s between you and him! Duh!

“Come on, pabo! I’m sorry, okay?” Luhan tried again.

“Whatever.” Seohyun waved him off.

“I’ll make it up to you and cook for you. I’m a good cook…”

“Whatever.”

“I’m gonna cook fried chicken for you.”

“Whate- FRIED CHICKEN?!”

“Yes. I’ll feed you.” Luhan smiled triumphantly.

He lifted his fork containing Japanese siomai to Seohyun’s lips.

“Taste this first.” He said.

“No, I won’t.” Seohyun pushed it away.

They continued arguing while Baekhyun and I watched in fascination.

“Guys!” Somebody called.

It was Jessica’s voice. She entered the restaurant with Lay, Chen, Kyungsoo, Tao, Tiffany, and even Kris and Chanyeol.

Kris and Chanyeol?! What are they doing here?!

“Suho’s coming here with a girl she met at his grandmother’s Chinese restaurant last week! They’re dating!” Taeyeon said.

“They’re coming! Quick! Grab a sit!” Lay ordered.

They all scattered around and sat on vacant chairs.

We were all looking at the door.

Suho came in with a girl about my size, but short, dark brown hair with highlights.

He smiled at her. She smiled back.

“Who is she?” I asked.

“Suho called her Taengoo.” Kyungsoo whispered.

“Taengoo?!” Jessica, Seohyun, and I cried all at once.

At that instant, Suho and Taengoo turned full view to us and we saw her whole face.

“She looks like someone I know.” Chen said loudly.

All of them turned to look at me.