Chapter 16

Hidden Destiny

Chapter Sixteeen

(Taeyeon’s POV)

As soon as Seohyun woke up, Baekhyun, Chen, Suho, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jessica, and I visited her.

“Seohyun, I’m sorry and thank you.” Suho hugged her when we arrived.

“Sorry for what?” Seohyun asked him.

“For asking your help. If it weren’t for helping me, you wouldn’t meet that accident.”

“Don’t blame yourself. I wanted to help you. At least, you’re now reunited with Taeyeon.” Seohyun paused to look at me. “As friends, I mean.”

“We already talked.” I informed her. “Now, I understand.”

“What are you planning to do now?” She asked me.

“Dating’s next, of course!” Tao teased.

Kyungsoo nudged Tao’s ribs.

“What?! You’re just jealous.” Tao raised his voice at him.

“I am not jealous. I have learned to let Taeyeon go a long time ago!” Kyungsoo defended.

“That’s too cheesy, Kyungsoo. It’s making me sick.” Jessica commented.

There was a knock at the door, interrupting the argument.

Luhan and Lay came in.

Surprise and happiness were evident in Seohyun’s face.

“Luhan.” She whispered.

“Paboya…” Luhan kissed her cheek.

It had been a long time since I heard Luhan calling Seohyun with that nickname.

“I’m sorry.” Was all Seohyun could say when he gave her a hug.

“No. I’m sorry.” Luhan told her.

“I think they need privacy.” Jessica said.

“I don’t think so.” Chen disagreed.

“Chen, Jessica’s right. Let’s get out of here for now.” Baekhyun told Chen.

“You may go. I’m staying here.” Chen declared.

“Chen, have you forgotten what Luhan did this morning in school?” Jessica reminded him.

“What did you do?” Seohyun asked Luhan.

“Chorong dumped him in front of the whole student body eating lunch at the canteen.” Lay was the one to answer. “Luhan humiliated her by telling her that he doesn’t need a girl with an attractive face but is lacking a good heart and a thinking brain and…” Lay paused and looked at Luhan. “Dude, what else did you call her?”

“It’s not anymore important.” Luhan waved him off.

“Luhan also said that he was just waiting for her to dump him because he didn’t want to be the one to do the break up because Chorong might be humiliated.” Tao added.

“Luhan actually sounded like Seohyun when he called her all those names. He called her a bimbo and…” Jessica was recounting.

“Let’s not talk about that.” Luhan interrupted Jessica.

Jessica scowled.

“Let’s just go, as you suggested.” I told her.

“Fine!” She pouted.

“Just remember what you promised me, Seohyun. It means a lot to me, more than you may think.” Chen told Seohyun.

As usual, nobody else except the two of them could relate to what they were talking about.

“I know, Chen. Trust me.” Seohyun smiled sweetly at me.

Her smile was familiar. I knew it was reserved especially for Chen.

We left Luhan and Seohyun alone together and I had no idea what happened in there. All I know was after that, Seohyun and Luhan were back to normal, back to being cat and dog.

 

(Seohyun’s POV)

Ironically, I was thankful for my accident. It was a blessing in disguise. After that, everything seemed to be right.

Lay and Jessica’s interrupted chemistry started over.

Tao started dating Tiffany Wu. Tiffany was always with Kris everytime he bothers me (which Kris referred to as “courting”). This was how Tao developed a crush on her.

“I’ll ask my sister to answer Tao right away if you agree to be my girlfriend.” Kris had told me.

Tiffany slapped her brother’s nape when he said that.

Everything was right, but Kris Wu remained annoying as ever.

Luhan and I were friends again but he never got tired of pissing me off and I always had to get back at him.

Taeyeon and Suho were quite a pair although not officially a couple. Because of this, Chanyeol tried hard to make Taeyeon change her mind. Actually, he was becoming a little desperate.

The only problem was Baekhyun. He was happy for me, for Taeyeon, and for the rest of our friends; but he couldn’t conceal his emotions from me.

He still haven’t admitted his feelings for Taeyeon. I knew how much pain he was enduring every time he saw Taeyeon and Suho together. Still, he tried to be happy for them because he thought that Taeyeon was happy with Suho.

That was why I went to Taeyeon’s place to talk to her. I had not gotten a single moment alone with her because Suho was always around.

“What are you gonna tell me?” Taeyeon asked, placing two glasses of red iced tea on the table.

“It’s about Baekhyun.” I began.

“What about him?” Taeyeon asked.

“You’re unknowingly hurting him and he wouldn’t tell anybody but I can feel it.” I bluntly said.

Taeyeon was gobsmacked. She stared at me as if I was the most ridiculous creature that ever existed.

“Stop staring at me like that because I’m telling the truth.” I said. “From my observation, I believed that you had shared something with Baekhyun. Even just a little something. Did you ever like him or have you had any feelings for him? Crush? A spark? Anything?”

She sighed.

“Seohyun, you’re my bestfriend but I won’t answer that, yet. I’m not ready.” She told me. “Just leave it to me and I’ll update you later on.”

“What about Suho?” I asked.

“I didn’t say I’d dump Suho for Baekhyun.”

“So, you’ll choose Suho?”

“I didn’t say anything like that, either!”

“So, you’re really not telling me anything?”

“Obviously, because I haven’t decided on anything, yet!” She pointed out.

“Ooooooh…” I nodded.