Chapter 10

Hidden Destiny

Chapter Ten

(Taeyeon’s POV)

Seohyun’s plan worked. Chorong was furious.

The moment I heard the rumor about Luhan dating Seohyun, I already knew what she was up to.

Chorong kept tailing Luhan this time. We were not used to it. Before, Luhan would follow Chorong around. This time, Luhan was the one who kept telling Chorong not to follow him around because Seohyun might get mad. It was very entertaining to watch them.

“Yah!” I found Seohyun and Chen sitting on one of the benches at the school grounds.

“Hi, Taeyeon!” Chen greeted me.

“You two aren’t supposed to be alone together.” I scolded them.

“Why not?” Seohyun asked me.

“Luhan is right. You’re really stupid. Pabo!” I told her. “Everybody knew you’re dating Luhan. People who saw you with Chen might think you’re two-timing.”

“Seohyun and I are friends. Everyone knew that.” Chen shrugged.

“People could jump into conclusions.” I told them.

“Look who’s here.” A girl’s voice said.

We all turned and saw Yoo Heyi. She was with Lizzy, Kyungsoo, Tao, and Suho.

“I can’t believe you’re Luhan’s girlfriend.” Heyi told Seohyun.

Chen and I scowled. Seohyun didn’t even flinch. She kept a smile plastered on her face.

“I agree with you, Heyi. I almost believed Luhan had been flirting with me.” Lizzy nodded.

“Yeah, you look perfect with him.” Heyi told her friend.

“Excuse me?!” I couldn’t bear it any longer. “Are you really that insensitive? LUHAN’S GIRL can hear every word you utter.”

“Oh, sorry!” Heyi placed her hand over for effect. “We were just being honest. Luhan was really flirting with Lizzy.”

“But now that I see it,” Lizzy looked at Chen. “Luhan and Seohyun are just fair.”

“Chen! I thought you and Seohyun are just friends? Are you trying to steal her from…” Tao was asking Chen when Kyungsoo hit his head.

“You really are brainless!” Kyungsoo scolded Tao.

Tao rubbed his head.

“Let’s get out of here. We’re wasting our time.” Chen told Seohyun and me.

“That’s right.” I agreed. “Lizzy’s probably jealous because Luhan likes Seohyun.”

“And you’re jealous because Suho likes me and not you!” Heyi spat the words at me.

Seohyun’s face darkened. Faster than a blink, Seohyun charged toward Heyi, ready to strip her from limb-to-limb. Suho blocked her. Baekhyun, who suddenly appeared out of nowhere with Jessica, pinned Seohyun’s arms on her sides and blocked her with his body to restrain her.

“For your information, Taeyeon doesn’t care! What does she have to do with Suho when there’s Baekhyun?” Jessica told Heyi. “You don’t have to worry!”

Baekhyun and I didn’t react. As for Seohyun, she was too busy trying to fend Baekhyun off her and attack Heyi.

“What do you mean Baekhyun and Taeyeon?” Kyungsoo asked.

“What about Park Chanyeol?” Tao asked.

“That’s Taeyeon’s choice.” Jessica shrugged and pulled me away with her. Chen helped Baekhyun drag Seohyun who was shrieking words (like “brainless ”, “crazy witch”, “selfish leech”, “stupid animalistic beast”, etcetera) at Heyi.

Suho was not happy with that.

 

Knowing that he would be at the library, I followed Suho there. Once I spotted him alone, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to a deserted corner covered by a huge book shelf.

“Taeyeon! What’s this about?” he whispered impatiently.

“It’ll only be a minute. Please listen.” I urgently said.

“Taeyeon…”

“Please!”

“Fine! What’s up?”

“I wanted to say sorry for how Seohyun acted. You know… the shrieking incident with Heyi and all those foul words. She was just carried away by her anger.”

“Yeah, she was too furious.” He said sarcastically. “I just can’t believe it came from one of my friends. And she wouldn’t even apologize herself!”

“She’s still furious, actually.”

“That not anymore my problem. She hasn’t apologized, I wouldn’t forgive her. End of story.”

“I say sorry in her behalf.”

“Are you her lawyer?”

“No, I’m not. She’s not my lawyer, either; but, she defended me from your girlfriend and said those words.”

“Listen, this is between Heyi and Seohyun. You don’t have to apologize to me. Things will not get any better unless Seohyun apologizes to Heyi.”

“You do know Seohyun will never do that. Not in a zillion years.” I pointed out.

“Then issues will never heal. Not in a zillion years.” He threw back at me.

We stared defiantly at each other.

“Suho?! What’s this all about?” Heyi cried.

Realizing that I was still clutching Suho’s wrist, I quickly let go of him.

“Heyi!” Suho said.

Heyi walked away without saying a word.

“Heyi!” Suho called.

“Suho, wait!” I said before he could go. “I’m sorry about that.” I gestured toward Heyi.

“Do me a favor, Taeyeon. Please stay away from me. The last thing I needed is you destroying my relationship with Heyi.” He said and was gone.

I stood there and watched the boy I love moving farther away from my grasp.

How many times have you broken my heart, Kim Suho? I already lost count.

 

(Seohyun’s POV)

Break it down, baby! I’m on cloud 9!

I was so giddy when I saw Chorong’s face as she watched Luhan hold my hands, laugh with me, and best of all, kiss my cheek. She was totally pissed.

“This can’t be true!” Chorong cried, holding Luhan’s hand possessively.

I pulled Luhan’s other hand.

“We’re sharing something mutual, Luhan! Leave her!” She pulled Luhan.

“Luhan! Don’t listen to her!” I pulled Luhan.

“No! Let’s talk about this!” She pulled him again.

I pulled him back.

She pulled him.

I pulled him back again.

“Chorong,” Luhan retrieved his arm from Chorong’s grip but he let me hold on to his other arm.

“Luhan?” Chorong looked into his eyes, wearing a pitiful expression.

“Luhan!” I firmly said when his face showed compassion for her.

“Chorong, please don’t do this. I’m sorry.” Luhan gently told her.

Chorong walked out on us.

I am sooooooo loving this!

“Chorong!” Luhan called.

I gripped his hand tighter.

“If you ever change your mind and run after Chorong, just tell me so I know when to advance on Seohyun.” A male voice said from behind us.

I turned around and saw Kris Wu with Park Chanyeol. Shocked, I lost my grip on Luhan’s hand.

What is this Kris guy doing here?

“I’ll be the one to inform you if ever we call this relationship off.” I sarcastically told him.

“Eiyyy… no need to snap. As I expected, it’ll be hard to come near you.” He smiled at me.

“It’s good you know that. I bite people.” I told him.

“It would be my pleasure to be bitten by such a lovely goddess as you.” Kris was still smiling.

Luhan grabbed his shirt collar.

“And you would really say that in front of the boyfriend? Aish! Get lost, dude!” He said.

I touched Luhan’s arm to calm him down. “Luhan!”

Luhan glanced at me. He roughly pushed Kris and walked out. Kris, on the other hand, fell on the floor.

Serves you right!

“See? Don’t provoke him again, okay?” I told him and turned to follow Luhan.

When I was a couple of meters away from Kris, I turned back to him. Chanyeol was helping him stand.

“Sorry.” I told him and left.

I ran to catch up with Luhan.

“Luhan!” I called. “Luhan! Wait!”

When I reached him, I pulled his wrist to stop him from walking. Panting, I bent forward and rested my other hand on my knee.

“That bastard! I would have broken his jaw if it weren’t for you!” Luhan spat.

OMO! This is so romantic! He’s acting like a real boyfriend… hold it! What’s he saying?

“He knew that Chorong likes him a lot! How could he flirt with other girls!” Luhan still looked pissed.

I stood up straight, letting go of his wrist.

“What are you gonna do, then? Punch him and make a scene?! That’s so cheap!” I snapped at him.

This time, I walked out on him.