Chapter 8

Forever Like Stars

“I hope you didn’t forget the promise we made together, that we can smile when we meet again” – Road, B1A4

 

            “So when are we going to go on our first date?” Chanyeol asked as we walked home. We had been dating for about a week, and we still hadn’t gone on an official first date.

            “How about this weekend?” I asked slipping my fingers in between Chanyeol’s fingers. I looked at our hands seeing how Chanyeol’s bigger hands fit perfectly in mine. He was like the epitome of perfection. I couldn’t have been happier.
            Truthfully I was worried about Taehyung, but he seemed to be okay with me dating one of the other star members of the soccer team so everything was great. I just wished he could find someone that could make him happy too.

            “This weekend sounds great,” Chanyeol said smiling. “I’ll go to your house Saturday at about six so we can head out to eat and walk around?”

            “Sounds good,” I said smiling back at him. “We can take the subway to Myeongdong. It always look so colorful and full of life on Saturday nights. We can go shopping there too.”

            I said goodbye to Chanyeol heading inside my house going straight to my mom to tell her the news. I hadn’t told her I was dating anyone, but since I was going on my first date with Chanyeol, I had to tell her.

            “Mom I have something very major to tell you,” I said. “Can we talk for a moment?”

            “Sure Jin-ah,” mom said. We sat down on her bed as I took a deep breath ready to tell her the news. “What is it?”

            “This Saturday I’m going on my first date,” I said. “And I’m telling you this because I am seeing someone. I’ve been seeing them for about a week.”

            “Jin-ah!” mom exclaimed grabbing my hands. “That’s great news! So who is this lucky somebody?”

            “Um well,” I said. “The thing is, I’m dating a guy. His name is Park Chanyeol, he’s on the soccer team with Taehyung.”

            “A guy?” mom asked dropping my hands.

            “Yes,” I said. “Look I don’t know if I’m totally gay, but as of right now, he is the one that I really really like. So I understand if you’re upset with me for not dating a girl, but I hope you will respect that I am happy going out with Chanyeol.”

            “What does this special Chanyeol look like?” mom asked. “I’m curious.” I took out my phone showing her my wallpaper of me and Chanyeol smiling at the camera. I was laughing as Chanyeol smiled a huge smile with his arm wrapped around me.

            “So what are you thinking?” I asked putting my phone away.

            “You seem to really like him,” she said finally. “I’m happy for you Jin-ah. Just seeing you smile like that with someone you like, makes me happy. I’m glad you and Chanyeol are dating and I would be more then happy to meet him when he comes to pick you up on Saturday. Here.” She grabbed her wallet handing me 50,000 won (about $50). “Have fun on your first date Jin-Ah.”

            “Thank you mom,” I said hugging her. “I’m sure you will like Chanyeol when you meet him. He is very nice. He was there for me, when I thought Luhan was going to steal Taehyung away from me.”

 

^_^ >_<

 

            Finally Saturday came and I spent most of the day getting ready for my first ever date with Chanyeol. I had Taehyung come over so we could hang out since I wanted some company before I left. Truthfully I was kind of nervous about going on my first date.

            “I’m sure you’re going to have a great time,” Taehyung said. He was seated on my bed as I was looking through my clothes for the outfit to wear. “Don’t worry so much Jin.”

            “I know,” I said smiling. “I just want everything to be perfect.”

            “I’m sure with you there it will be,” Taehyung said. “You wouldn’t believe how much Chanyeol talked about how excited he was to go on a date with during soccer practice. We’ve nicknamed him lovebird. He really likes you Jin.”

            “I really like him,” I said holding up a purple, teal, and black striped cardigan. “Yes or no?”

            “Um yes?” Taehyung said. “It looks good. All the things you’ve been thinking of wearing looked good. But go with this.”

            “Okay,” I said. I buttoned up the cardigan grabbing a comb to flatten down my hair. “What else to wear. What else. Ahh a hat!” I rummaged through my drawer looking for a hat. I picked up a fedora looing hat trying it on.

            “No,” Taehyung said shaking his head. “Save that for something else.”

            “You’re right,” I said. I put the hat back picking up a gold and silver snapback putting it on.

            “That’s the one,” Taehyung said. “You look ready for your date now. Any idea where you’re going to eat in Myeongdong?”

            “I don’t know,” I said. “Somewhere not extremely expensive, maybe barbeque. That’s always tasty.” I grabbed my wallet and phone putting them in my pocket. I looked at myself in the mirror as Taehyung gave me a thumbs up.

            “Jin-ah!” mom called. “Chanyeol is here!” Taehyung and I came downstairs seeing Chanyeol.

            “You look great,” I said. Chanyeol was dressed in red shorts, a silver and black shirt and a white over shirt.

            “So do you,” Chanyeol said. “It was nice meeting you Mrs. Kim.” He bowed to my mom grabbing my hand. “Let’s go to the subway. Myeondong awaits.”

            We walked out of the house with Taehyung.

            “Have fun on your date you two,” Taehyung said smiling at us. “See you at school.” He waved goodbye to us as we headed down the hill to the subway hopping on the train to take us to Myeondong.

            “I’m so excited!” Chanyeol said holding my hand as we stood on the subway. “This is my first date with a guy actually, so I’m kind of nervous on what to do.”

            “This is my first date ever,” I said. “If anyone is nervous it’s me. I want to make this the best date ever.”

            “Don’t worry Jin,” Chanyeol said. “Just being with you is perfect enough.” He kissed me on the cheek smiling at me. I blushed seeing that most of the people on the subway were staring at us. “And they better not forget that you’re my boyfriend.”

            “Why would they?” I asked.

            “Because,” Chanyeol said. “A good looking guy like you, I don’t want anyone trying to hit on you, when I’m around.”

            “I don’t think they will,” I said. “Not if you hold me close.” We finally got off the subway and headed up to the busy bright, lit area of Myeondong.

            “See any stores you want to go into?” Chanyeol asked. He laced his fingers with mine as we walked down the street.

            “Can we go into the Boy London store?” I asked. Chanyeol nodded and we entered the store as I looked through the hats and clothes. I found a hat picking it up thinking of Taehyung.

            “Are you going to get it?” Chanyeol asked resting his hands on my shoulders.

            “Yeah,” I said. “I think Taehyung will really like this.”

            “I think so too,” Chanyeol said. “That’s a good hat for him.” I took the hat to the cash register paying for it before we headed out of the store continuing to walk with each other.

            “Can we look in the music store?” I asked pointing to the music store.

            “Yeah,” Chanyeol said. We headed inside the music store looking around at the CDs.

            “Jin!” a familiar voice yelled. I looked up seeing Baekhyun and Jonghyun. They came over to me.

            “What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked. “Looking for more music to cover?”

            “Sort of,” I said. “And I’m on a date.”

            “A date?” Baekhyun asked. “With who? Taehyung?” I quickly shook my head trying not to blush. “Then who.”

            “Chanyeol,” I said. Chanyeol came over to me nodding his head to Jonghyun and Baekhyun.

            “Oh,” Baekhyun said. “Well you two have fun on your date.” Jonghyun and Baekhyun quickly said goodbye heading upstairs.

            “That was abrupt,” I said picking up a cd looking at it. “And sort of awkward. Do you think it was because you had liked Baekhyun?”

            “I don’t know,” Chanyeol said. “Seems like it to me. Oh well.” He continued to look around the store as I looked for an album with songs I liked. I finally found a cd I wanted getting my wallet out to buy a CNBLUE cd.

            “Chanyeol,” I said going back to him. “I’m going to go buy this. Did you find anything you liked?”

            “I think I’m going to get the Geeks cd,” Chanyeol said holding it. He came with me to the cashier as we paid for our CDs heading out of the store finding a BBQ place for us to eat dinner at.

            When we got our beef I put it on the grill cooking the beef as Chanyeol waited for the food to cook.

            “Thanks for cooking the meat,” Chanyeol said looking at me from across the table. “The meat won’t be burnt with you cooking it.”

            “I’m not that good of a cook,” I said flipping the meat. I finished cooking the meat setting it on the edges of the grill as we began to eat the beef. “Is it good?”

            “Yes,” Chanyeol said smiling. “The food tastes great.” He picked up another piece of beef wrapping it in lettuce with rice and vegetables. “Say ahh Jin!” He picked up the wrap bringing it closer to my face. I laughed opening my mouth as Chanyeol fed me. “Good?”

            “Delicious,” I said after I finished chewing. I picked up some beef wrapping it in lettuce with rice and vegetables. “You’re turn!” I brought the food closer to Chanyeol’s open mouth as he ate it happily.

            “Mmm!” Chanyeol said smiling. “So after this want to get some dessert? I’m in the mood for ice cream.”

            “Okay,” I said eating some more. “Ice cream sounds good after eating all this beef.”

            “Good,” Chanyeol said. “I know a pretty good decent priced ice cream place. We can probably get our ice cream free, the owner is my parent’s best friend.”

            After dinner we walked out heading to the ice cream place Chanyeol knew.

            “How did your parent’s get to know the owner?” I asked lacing his fingers with mine. “That’s cool owning an ice cream place.”

            “He was friends with my dad all through high school and college,” Chanyeol explained. “And when he had the idea of opening up his own ice cream place my parent’s helped him build the business.” We walked a few more minutes before reaching a brightly lit place with ads by 2pm.

            “Wow,” I said as we entered the restaurant. We headed to the selections of ice cream looking at the menu. “So many flavors how will I choose?”

            “Is that Chanyeol?” a man said. He walked out of the back office heading over to us smiling. “Look how tall you are!” He hugged Chanyeol. “What can I get you guys?”

            “What flavors are the best?” I asked. “I can’t choose one. They all look really tasty.”

            “I would suggest the everything sundae,” he said. “It has some cookie dough, chocolate truffle, caramel swirl, sprinkles, cherries, chocolate sauce, marshmallow sauce, and caramel sauce.”

            “Can we get a big one of those to share?” Chanyeol asked. “If that’s okay with you Jin.”

            “Sure we can share,” I said.

            “Right away guys,” he said.

            “Jin get us a table,” Chanyeol said. I left to get him a table as Chanyeol talked to the owner some more before heading over to me. “Just like I said we got it for free.”

            “Thanks,” I said smiling. I placed my hands on the table reaching for Chanyeol’s. “This was a great. I had a lot of fun today with you on our date.”

            “So did I,” Chanyeol said. “I’m glad this first date with you was so good. I was nervous but I had a lot of fun with you.”

            Finally the owner came with our sundae in a heart shaped bowl.

            “The everything sundae,” he said placing it on our table. “For the first date of Chanyeol and Jin. Enjoy guys.” He gave us two spoons before leaving us to eat.

            “Wow,” I said looking at the sundae. “This looks amazing.” We began eating. “How did you get it in a heart shaped bowl?”

            “I talked to the owner,” Chanyeol said. “Told him I was on a date with you. And told him if he could keep this a secret from my parents. But I want to tell my parents really soon.”

            “I can be there with you,” I said eating more ice cream. “If you want me too.” Chanyeol nodded his head stuffing his mouth with more ice cream.

            After our time at the ice cream restaurant we decided to walk around the area enjoying the scenery finding ourselves at Namsan tower. We sat down on a bench looking at the city below us enjoying the night air.

            I linked my hand with Chanyeol resting my head on his shoulder.

            “Thanks,” I said. “For the best first date I’ve ever had. The best date I’ve only had.” I sat up straight looking at Chanyeol leaning my head in closer to his slowly pressing my lips on his lips.

            I closed my eyes as I felt Chanyeol’s arms wrap around me kissing me back. I wrapped my arms around Chanyeol’s neck continuing to kiss him. This was the best date ever. And it was partly because of Taehyung, if it weren’t for him being on the soccer team and having Chanyeol eat with us the first day of school, I never would’ve become so close to him.

 

Jin's first date with Chanyeol!!!!! Don't worry more drama is going to happen for these two with Taehyung involved too~ I don't want to hurt Chanyeol or Jin, but something has to happen for Jin to eventually end up with Taehyung right?... ANYWAYS~~~ please leave a comment!!! ^_^ Bye for now!! 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19vuu4_hd-b1a4-길-road-member-color-coded-english-sub-romanization-hangul_music - Road, B1A4