Chapter 15

Forever Like Stars

 

“In the stopped time, I faintly hear your melody in my ears” – Everlasting Sunset, Juniel

 

            It was over the winter vacation that I got news that Chanyeol was back in Korea for the holiday to visit his family.

 

            Chanyeol – Jin! I’m back in Korea! We need to meet up sometime yeah?

            Me – Really? That’s great Chanyeol. I got a job at Eunhyuk’s ice cream shop why don’t you stop by there?

            Chanyeol – Sounds good, I’ll be there tomorrow. I can’t wait. I have a lot to catch up on.

            Me – I can’t wait to see you too.

 

            I smiled setting down my phone, looking forward to tomorrow. I hadn’t seen Chanyeol since he had left for America. I did talk to him and message him occasionally but our talking had become less since of the huge time differences we had.

            I got changed into different clothes heading out to meet up with Taehyung and Luhan to head out for bbq. We all got a table ordering enough pork for the three of us along with a bottle of soju.

            “Guys,” I said smiling. “I just message with Chanyeol and he’s back in Korea for the holidays. He’s stopping by the ice cream place tomorrow.”

            “Really?” Luhan asked. “That’s great. We four need to meet up again to catch up with him.”

            “Definitely,” Taehyung said smiling. “See when he’s available Jin.” He scooted closer to me putting some finished pork meat in my bowl.

            “Thank you,” I said. “And I will for sure ask him when he’s free to see us. It’s been a long time. Too long.”

            “Do you still have feelings for him?” Luhan asked. “Ever since you broke up?”

            “I would be lying if I said I was fine,” I said telling the truth. There were those few rare days that I found myself really missing Chanyeol, and other days when I perfectly fine. But most days I was a mix of in between. Usually those were the days when Chanyeol called or messaged me. Otherwise I was fine with my life.

            The next day I was working along side Jimin just waiting for Chanyeol to walk into the ice cream place. Finally I heard the jingle of the bells, from the door opening. I looked up seeing the tall giant I used to be with Park Chanyeol enter the ice cream shop.

            “Wow,” Jimin said looking at me. “Who is that? He’s totally hot!”

            “Chanyeol!” I exclaimed. I got out from behind the counter running over to him.

            “Jin!” he said breaking into a huge grin. He opened his arms wrapping me in a big hug. “It’s been forever!”

            “Yeah,” I said smiling. “Come on.” I grabbed his hand remember the feeling of his warm fingers laced with mine. “I’ll use my free ice cream on you. What would you like?”

            “Let’s see,” Chanyeol said. “I’ll take the everything.”

            “Coming right up,” I said smiling. “So how is America?” I began to scoop the ice cream into a bowl and put the toppings and sauce on it.

            “It’s pretty great,” Chanyeol said. “It’s a big adjustment though from Korea, but New York has a big Korean population so I was able to fit in with them. But get this, you’ll never guess who is also going to the school I am.”

            “Who?” I asked drizzling on the last sauce before putting on a cherry. “Is it someone we both know?”

            “Yeah,” Chanyeol said smiling. “He should be here soon. I hope you don’t mind but I invited him to the ice cream place. You see his parents live in Seoul too so he’s meeting us here shortly.”

            I placed the ice cream on the table taking my break to sit and talk with Chanyeol and this mystery man Chanyeol knew.

            “Ahh he’s here!” Chanyeol exclaimed pointing to the door. He got up as my former music club member came in smiling. “I’m glad you could come Baek.”

            “Of course I would,” Baekhyun said holding Chanyeol’s hand. They joined me back at the table as I handed Baekhyun the third spoon.

            “Baekhyun goes to the same college as me,” Chanyeol explained. “As soon as we figured it out we became close to each other and I asked him out again and he finally said yes to me.”

            “He’s not the same geeky first year I used to know,” Baekhyun said. We all began to eat our ice cream in silence. I smiled at them because I was happy. Chanyeol had always had a crush on Baekhyun, so why was my heart hurting like this? I was happy for him, I genuinely was, so why was I not happy with myself? I realized that I was craving the feeling of having someone to spend my time with.

            Chanyeol had been the last time I had felt that feeling. That warmth of being in someone’s arms, the feeling of his lips on mine. I wanted to feel that connection with someone again, but whom? A fiery orange haired guy flashed through my mind, but I pushed the thought away.

            “That’s great,” I said smiling. “I’m happy for you both.” 

 

Chanyeol returns!! This time with Baekhyun!!! Well anyways the next chapter is going to be all about Taejin and going to be packed with lots of drama. Please leave a comment