Chapter 10

Forever Like Stars

“In my long ago memory there was a person who seemed bigger than anyone in the world” – Daddy Long Legs, Secret

 

            I couldn’t sleep that night, the tent was warm and cozy and sleeping next to Chanyeol I felt safe, I just couldn’t manage to fall asleep. I looked over to Chanyeol who was sleeping peacefully. I zipped my jacket on and put on my shoes leaving the tent.

            I walked away from the tent going down to the lake seeing all the stars in the sky shining brightly. What I didn’t expect to see was Taehyung sitting on one of the big rocks by the lake.

            “Hey,” I said sitting down next to him. “Can’t sleep either?”

            “Partially,” Taehyung answered. “Mostly just here to think. Stuff has been bothering me a lot recently.”

            “Like what?” I asked. “You know you can tell me anything.”

            “I know,” Taehyung said sighing. “It’s just this time, the stuff that is bothering me is stuff that concerns you and my feelings.” He sighed swinging his legs out.

            “About me?” I asked looking at him. “Have I done something wrong? I hope not. What have I done?”

            “Nothing,” Taehyung said. “You’re perfect, musically skilled and everything, being the president of the club and all. It’s me that’s all confused and wrong about everything.”

            “Now I’m confused,” I said. “What’s going on Taehyung? You’re making me worry.”

            “I should’ve told you this a long time ago,” Taehyung said. “Beacause now it’s too late for me to do something about this feeling I have in my heart. It should be me making you laugh and smile instead of Chanyeol. But I was so stupid and let you slip through my fingers, to forever be your best friend.”

            “Taehyung,” I said. “Are you saying that you like me?” Taehyung nodded his head looking up at the sky. In the moonlight I could see the tears running down his face.

            “Yes,” Taehyung said finally. “It should’ve been me that asked you out, not Chanyeol. No matter how great a couple you and him make, I’ve kept my jealously to myself, but I can’t do that to myself anymore. I want to find someone else to like, but no one can compare to you. That’s why I said no to Luhan, he wasn’t you. No one measures up to you. I’m sorry.”

            “What’s there to be sorry for?” I asked. “You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s not your fault. Please stop crying.” I wrapped my arms around Taehyung as he cried silently into my shoulder. “You did nothing wrong Taehyung.”

            “But I have,” Taehyung said. “I shouldn’t have been so mean in my thoughts when I saw you so happy with Chanyeol. He’s one of my closet friends behind you. And I’m still alone and single while you and Luhan are with people who like you a lot.”

            “You’ll find someone,” I said. “It’s not like in university you’ll be alone. And besides you still have your friends. And me your best friend. That will never change.”

            “I know,” Taehyung said. “Always your best friend, and only your best friend. That will never change.” He broke our hug looking at me with a sad look in his eyes. “I’m sorry.” He leaned his head in closer to me pressing his lips against mine. I could feel the tears streaming down his face.

            I pulled back looking at Taehyung’s tear streaked face.

            “Taehyung,” I said. I literally couldn’t think of words to say to what had just happened.

            “You don’t like me now do you?” Taehyung said laughing coldly. “Because I kissed you, knowing you have a boyfriend.”

            “I still like you,” I said using my thumbs to wipe the tears out Taehyung’s eyes. “You’re still my best friend, regardless. I’m going back to bed. Come back too.” I got up grabbing Taehyung’s hand taking him back to our tents. “Goodnight Taehyung.”

            “Goodnight Jin,” Taehyung said. I smiled at him before entering my tent again, lying down next to Chanyeol.

            “Jin?” Chanyeol groaned.

            “Sorry,” I whispered. “I had to go to the bathroom. Go back to sleep now.” I kissed him on the cheek snuggling closer to him. Chanyeol hummed wrapping his arm around me as I fell back asleep.

            “Wake up sleepy heads!” Ms. Park yelled. “We’re going on a hike!”

            We all got out of bed in our clothes all yawning meeting Ms. Park. We followed her and the other teacher out of the campsite for our hike.

            “It’s too early for this,” Luhan groaned. “I wanted to sleep more!”

            “Me too,” I laughed. “I guess our teacher had other plans.” We followed her for what seemed like hours before reaching a waterfall.

            “And now the feast awaits you,” Ms. Park said. “I called some friends to prepare you breakfast at the waterfall. So eat up.”

            We sat down at the tables set up for us with tons of food on them happily eating. After hiking on an empty stomach for a few hours, food never looked so delicious.

            “This food tastes so good,” I said keeping my chopsticks in my mouth smiling. “Escpecially the fish.”

            “Have some more,” Chanyeol said. He placed more fish in my bowl. I smiled leaning my head on his shoulder briefly.

            “We should explore the waterfall after breakfast,” Taehyung said. “It’s a pretty big waterfall.”

            “Sounds like a plan,” Luhan said. “We’ll all go exploring after eating.”

            When we finished eating we left the group heading to the waterfall. The waterfall fell into a crystal pool of blue-green water. It was truly picturesque.

            “So pretty!” Luhan said. “And there’s stairs to climb to the top.”

            “That’s a long way up,” Minho said. “That’s like a thousand stairs.”

            “We can make it,” I said. “We have like five hours to chill and do whatever we want. Should we hike to the top?”

            “Yeah let’s go to the top,” Chanyeol said. “Whoever wants to go can go.” It turned out we all five climbed the steep upgrade to the top of the waterfall overlooking a lot of the forest.

            “Let’s take a group picture!” Luhan exclaimed. We positioned ourselves close to each other as Luhan took a picture of us all with his camera. “Memories!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPN3_D8bpvg - Daddy Long Legs, Secret

Taejin moment to the max!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! lol please leave a comment