Chapter 11

Forever Like Stars

“I won’t stop, I’ll run farther so I can kiss you” – , Nu’Est

 

            The last day of the camping trip was another free day before we had dinner. We were going to be leaving the forest tomorrow after breakfast. It had been a really fun week in the nature. We went canoeing, hiked, played lots of games, and just got to enjoy the company of friends before we would have to go back to school, and back to studying.

            Luhan, Minho, Taehyung, Chanyeol, and I found ourselves at the lake with our picnic lunch. Luhan and Minho were resting on the dock as Chanyeol, Taehyung, and I were splashing about and swimming in the water. No dumb monster story was scaring us.

            “Come in the water you two!” I said looking up at them from the dock. “No monster in this water.”

            “No thanks,” Luhan said. “It looks cold.”

            “That’s why it’s so great,” Chanyeol said swimming up behind me. “You’re even wearing your swimsuits. Just come in!”

            “No,” Luhan said crossing his arms. “I’m in the mood for swimming.”

            “Well get in the mood,” Taehyung said. He had climbed onto the dock and was standing behind Luhan and Minho. “Because it’s time to make a big splash!” He laughed pushing Luhan into the water.

            “You too Minho!” Chanyeol laughed. We grabbed his legs as Taehyung helped push him into the water.

            “What the hell guys?” Luhan asked splashing water in our faces. “Taehyung you’re dead!”

            “I can still breathe!” Taehyung laughed jumping back into the water. Luhan clung onto Minho’s back.

            “You guys are mean,” Luhan said pouting.

            “You have to get in the water once,” I said. “Don’t be stuck on the dock all day just watching us.” Luhan huffed kicking water at me.

            “Hey!” Chanyeol said wrapping his arms around me. “Don’t splash my boyfriend like that!” He pushed water back at them getting it in Minho’s face. “Payback!” Thus we ensued in a huge five-way splash war.

            Finally we found ourselves wrapped in our towels eating the lunch we had packed.

            “Did you have fun prince Luhan?” Taehyung asked. “The mighty Luhan got wet.”

            “Yes I had fun,” Luhan said smiling. “I guess the water wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.”

            “See?” Chanyeol asked. “All that fuss for nothing.”

 

            The last dinner was hamburgers and hotdogs, and we found ourselves around the campfire for the last time roasting marshmallows and singing songs and talking with each other. When we finally went to bed it was around one in the morning.

            “This trip was so much fun,” I said. Chanyeol and I were in our sleeping bags that we had made into one huge blanket for us to share.

            “Yeah,” Chanyeol said. “I had a blast with all of you.” He wrapped his arm around me smiling. “It was a great vacation away from school.”

            “Yeah,” I said. Chanyeol moved his head to kiss me. “Goodnight Chanyeol.” Chanyeol kissed my forehead.

            “Goodnight Jin,” he said softly. I buried myself closer to Chanyeol feeling his body heat lulling me to sleep.

            The next day we ate our simple breakfast before boarding the bus for the five-hour ride back to Seoul.        

            “Back to studying,” Taehyung sighed looking out the window. “For all these exams that will be coming up.”

            “Study hard,” Namjoon said. “It’s going to a hard test.”

            “Be quiet,” Taehyung grumbled. “My grades are good enough.” Namjoon laughed before turning to nap.

            “Are you ready for the test?” I asked looking at Chanyeol. “These university exams are going to be pretty hard.”

            “Um well,” Chanyeol said. “The thing is, I don’t have to take the exams.”

            “Why?” I asked. “I thought everyone going to university in Korea had to take the exams.”

            “I’m not going to university in Korea,” Chanyeol said. “Jin, I should’ve told you this earlier, but I couldn’t find the right time to tell you this, but I got accepted to a music college in America, and I took the offer.”

            I stared at Chanyeol as he dropped the biggest news on me. Chanyeol wasn’t going to go to university with us mainly with me. He was going off to America to a music school, for who knows how long.

            “I’m sorry for not telling you sooner,” Chanyeol said. He fell silent as I stared out the window at the vanishing forest around us. “Jin please say something to me.”

            “Are you going to break up with me?” I asked finally. Long distance relationships, it was like a one in a million those things lasted. I looked at Chanyeol trying my best not to break down into tears.

            “I don’t know,” Chanyeol said quietly. “Could we make a long distance relationship work?”

            “I don’t know,” I said leaning closer into him hugging him. “Those things never work. You’ll be halfway across the world, on a different time zone.”

            “Let’s talk about this later,” Chanyeol said. “I don’t want to think about this yet. We still have a few months together right?”

            “Right,” I said. Chanyeol lifted my head kissing me. I rested my head against his shoulder closing my eyes. I felt it in my heart that a few months from now we would be at a crossroads. One way suffering through a long distance relationship, the other way breaking up and moving on with our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJIcyETSFnI - , Nu'Est

 

Short chapter but more drama... Leave a comment~