Chapter 14

Forever Like Stars

“When you smile you’re like an angel” – My Everything, Henry

 

            When summer was over life with school picked up again, and Taehyung and I found ourselves taking the bus to the university Mondays through Fridays, meeting up with Luhan at the campus.

            The classes were longer and the homework took longer to finish each day. I also managed to get a job so I was occupied in my free time. I found myself working in the ice cream place Chanyeol’s parents’ friend owned.

            “Jin you have the job,” Eunhyuk said. “You can start working here tomorrow. I’m sorry to hear what happened to you and Chanyeol.”

            “Thank you,” I said smiling. “I promise to always work my hardest here. Thank you for giving me the job.”

            “Well while you’re here right now,” Eunhyuk said. “Let me introduce you to the other worker I’ve hired.” Eunhuk leaded me to the back room where another student was checking inventory on ice cream toppings. “Jimin meet your other worker Jin.”

            “Hi,” he said turning around flashing a huge smile. “Nice to meet you Jin. I can’t wait to start working with you.”

            “Same,” I said. “Nice to meet you too Jimin. Well I have to get home now, but I’ll be here tomorrow right after school lets out.” I said goodbye to Eunhyuk and Jimin taking the subway back to my house.

            “Jin-ah,” mom said. “How was school?”

            “Fine,” I said. “But I have other news.” We sat down on the couch. “I got a job at a ice cream place. I start work tomorrow.”

            “Wow!” mom said hugging me. “That’s great news Jin-ah. I’ll have to stop by sometime. Get dressed in something nice, Leeteuk said he’d like to take us out to eat.” I nodded my head heading to my room getting dressed in dark jeans and a button down shirt before Leeteuk came to pick us up.

            “Jin are you hungry for some seafood?” Leeteuk asked as we were driving to the restaurant.

            “Yes,” I said from the backseat. “Thank you for taking me out to eat with you guys.”

            “You’re mom told me you really liked music,” Leeteuk said. He his i-pod plugging it into his car. “She said you really liked Girls’ Generation so I downloaded some of their albums onto my i-pod.”

            “Thank you,” I said smiling. “Yes I like Girls’ Generation a lot.” We all fell silent as “Genie” played through the car.

            When we got to the restaurant we got our table ordering the best seafood. Crab, mussels, fish, and shrimp and pretty soon we were eating and drinking some soju.

            “Leeteuk this is so delicious,” mom said taking another shot of soju. “Thank you, this was a real treat. The seafood is so fresh.”

            “Yes thank you,” I said.

            “Would you like more soju?” Leeteuk asked. I nodded my head as Leeteuk poured me another shot of soju. I never knew how good fresh seafood tasted with soju shots.

            By the end of the night I was feeling the effects of the soju. Mom wrapped her arm around me helping me gain my balance.

            “Jin-ah,” mom laughed. “You’re more drunk then the rest of us.” We got into the car heading back home.

            After school Taehyung and I took the bus to the ice cream shop for my first day of work. Taehyung had vowed to be my first customer I served ice cream too.

            We got in and I put on my apron as Eunhyuk taught me how to scoop the ice cream properly.

            “I think you’re ready to start,” Eunhyuk said patting me on the back. “I’ll be in the office working on some taxes. If you two need anything let me know.” Eunhyuk let Jimin and I to man the front of the shop.

            “Hi what would you like today?” I asked smiling at Taehyung. Taehyung smiled back looking at all the choices of ice cream we had to offer. “So what can I get you?”

            “I would like a scoop of cookie dough,” Taehyung said. “With chocolate sauce in top.”

            “Coming right up,” I said. I grabbed a bowl scooping in a extra big amount of ice cream for Taehyung pouring a good amount of chocolate sauce on top. “That’ll be $4.00.” Taehyung gave me the money as I put it in the cash register as he sat down at the table closet to the counter.

            “Is that your friend?” Jimin asked. “From childhood?”

            “Yeah,” I said. “Taehyung.”

            “He seems nice,” Jimin said. “I can see why you’re friends with him. So you dated one of his friends in high school?”

            “Yeah,” I answered. “Park Chanyeol.” I found it really easy to talk to Jimin and I’d told him a lot about me. “He’s in America now. And still one of my closest friends, after everything.”

            “That’s good,” Jimin said. “That you two can still be friends after breaking up and stuff. I guess friendship should come before relationships.” I nodded my head as we attended to the customers that came into the place to get ice cream.

            It was around six when I got off my shift for a dinner break. Taehyung had stayed in the ice cream place all day doing his homework so we could eat dinner together.

            “When are you going to have time for your homework?” Taehyung asked as we walked up the street. “You finish working at eight-thirty.”

            “I’ll do it when I get home,” I answered. “Don’t worry, today I didn’t get that much homework anyways.” We finally settled on a fried chicken place ordering teriyaki-fried chicken.

            “Well that’s good,” Taehyung said. “Don’t work yourself too hard Jin. I don’t want to see you going to school with bags under your eyes. Your face is too pretty for that.”

            “I won’t,” I said. “I’ll get a good amount of sleep.” We got our chicken beginning to eat it. I had till seven before I had to head back to the ice cream place.

            When we were done eating I said goodbye to Taehyung as he headed home and I headed back to the ice cream place.

            “Did you have a nice dinner?” Jimin asked. We had to clean up the shop for closing time. When it was eight-thirty I said goodbye to Eunhyuk and Jimin getting on the subway to head home.

 

This is kind of a boring chapter, but Jin is now working at the ice cream place he went to on his date with Chanyeol... And Jimin is in the story now too~ Please leave a comment