Epilogue

Forever Like Stars

 
 

“I’ll follow you even if it’s the end of the world” – Don’t Go, EXO-K

“The star that’s shining inside my heart, I think it’s you” – Star, Kang Minhyuk

 

            Taehyung and I had been going out for the rest of university. Taehyung and I finished our studies in business and found ourselves working for Samsung corporation making a good amount of pay for two college graduates.

            “Jin,” Taehyung said leaning over to look at me. Our boss had purposely put our desks right next to each other after he found out we were dating. “Are we still meeting up with everyone for dinner tonight?”

            “Yeah,” I said smiling. “BBQ and soju with all our friends. I can’t wait.”

            “Me either,” Taehyung said smiling.

            After we were done we took the subway to Hongdae going to a BBQ place we promised to meet at. Taehyung and I were the second couple to make it. Already seated at a table were Luhan and Minho.       

            “Hey!” Luhan exclaimed waving at us. “Long time no see!” We went over to the table hugging them sitting down. “So it’s just Chanyeol and Baekhyun we’re waiting for.”

            “How have you two been?” I asked. Minho and Luhan smiled showing their left ring fingers. “You’re engaged?”

            “Yep!” Luhan exclaimed happily. “We’re planning on a fall wedding next year.”

            “Congrats you guys,” Taeyhung said. “I’m really happy for you two. Look Chanyeol and Baekhyun!” We all turned to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun heading over to our table.

            “Hello everyone,” Chanyeol said smiling at us. “How have you all been?” They took their seats and Minho ordered us pork and beef and lots of soju.

            “We’re getting married,” Luhan said. “Minho proposed to me on Valentine’s Day. He took me to a park and proposed to me.”

            “That’s so great,” Chanyeol said.

            “So are you living back in Korea for good?” I asked. I knew Chanyeol and Baekhyun had finished college in America but I didn’t know what they were doing.”

            “I have a record deal,” Baekhyun said. “And Chanyeol is working at the company as a composer, song writer, and producer.”

            “Wow!” I exclaimed smiling. “That’s great news. When are you releasing your album?”

            “In about another year,” Baekhyun says. “It’s a long process but it’ll all be worth it and Chanyeol is helping produce my album and write songs with me.”

            “So what have you two been up too?” Chanyeol asked. “Besides the fact you two are finally going out and datung each other. You’ve been dating for how many years now?”

            “About four right?” Taehyung asked looking at me.

            “Yeah like four years,” I said nodding my head. The pork and beef finally arrived at our table with our multiple bottles of soju. I took the cooking tools beginning to cook the meat for us as Chanyeol poured us all shots of soju.

            “We’re both working for Samsung,” Taehyung answered. “A while aho we were offered internships over the summer and they called us back after we had graduated for paying jobs there.”

            “We’re been working there ever since we graduated,” I said. “It plays really well. We even were able to buy our own apartment.”

            “Some things never change,” Luhan said. “Jin still always cooks the food for us.”

            “He is the only one that cooks well among us,” Chanyeol said laughing. “Everyone take your shots.” Baekhyun and him gave us all a shot glass filled with soju.

            “Bottoms up,” Minho said. We all clinked our glasses together downing the shot of strong alcohol.

            “Whoo!” Taehyung said putting his glass down. “That’s some good stuff!” I continued cooking the meat as the side dishes were given to us.

            “Okay,” I said. “Let’s begin eating!” I set down the cooking tools as we began to eat the cooked beef and pork on the grill.

            “Mmm!” Luhan exclaimed. “It’s so good! Just like always.” We all began wolfing down the meat and drinking more soju.

            “This was a good idea to meet up,” I said. “I was really looking forward to this.”

            “Me too,” Chanyeol said.

            “He wouldn’t stop talking about it all week,” Baekhyun said laughing. “Every time we woke and went to bed he’d say I can’t wait to see everyone again.”

            “So when are you two getting engaged?” Luhan asked. “After four something years of dating?”

            “Not for a while,” Taehyung answered. “We’re just happily dating and in love. There’s nothing else I ever wanted then to finally say Jin was mine.” He leaned over giving me a kiss on the cheek.

            “It was only a matter of time,” Chanyeol said smiling. “I’m glad it finally happened.”

            “Thank you,” I said smiling back at Chanyeol. I looked around the table at all of my friends happy together. Finally in love with the right person. Some it took longer then others, like Taehyung and I. Others it was right from the moment they saw each other, like Minho and Luhan. And the last kind was the ones with second chances like Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I was glad that everyone was happy.

After a long night of drinking and eating Taehyung and I stumbled into our apartment giggling like crazy school girls.

            “That was so much fun,” Taehyung said kicking his shoes off. All the while slurring his words. “Did you have fun Jin?”

            “Yeah,” I said laughing. I took my shoes off falling down onto our bed. “That was a lot of fun. I’m full from eating so much.” I began taking off my suit until I was in my undershirt.

            Taehyung sat down next to me removing his clothes. Pretty soon we found ourselves under the covers lying next to each other, too drunk to really fall asleep.

            “Are you tired?” I asked. Taehyung shook his head my hair through his fingers. “I’m not either.” Taehyung leaned in to kiss me. What started as an innocent light kiss soon turned into a passionate series of multiple kisses.

            I soon found myself on top of Taehyung grinding our hips together letting the drunken state of my mind take control of my actions.

            “I love you,” Taehyung said on my lips.

            “I love you too,” I said back. I ran my hand down Taehyung’s face, tracing the shape of his strong face. “I love you.”

 

Thank you everyone that's subscribed to this story and read it and commented. I had a lot of fun writing this story. Thank you~ ^_^

- ALSK20