Chapter 16

Forever Like Stars

 
 

“Please let my star rise on your night” – Little Star, AKMU

 

            I decided to have Taehyung hang out with me on Saturday night. Leeteuk and my mom were out of town for the weekend leaving the whole house for me to take of for the two days they were gone.

            “Thanks for coming over,” I said smiling as Taehyung entered my house. “My mom left me money for food, enough for both of us. I think she figured I would be inviting you over. So we can order whatever we want, I have about forty dollars.”

            “Want to order takeout?” Taehyung asked. “Unless you feel like heading down the hill and walking around until we find a restaurant. Or we can just order food and have it delivered.”

            “I like the second option better,” I said smiling. We sat down next to each other on the couch. “Want to play a game?”   

            “What game?” Taehyung asked. “Like a video game?”

            “Or a talking game,” I said smiling. “How about truth for truth?”

            “You mean truth or dare,” Taehyung said. “Not truth for truth.”

            “No,” I said shaking my head laughing. “It’s a game where I tell you a truth and you have to tell me a truth. I have some things I have to tell you, and I assume you do too.”

            “Okay,” Taehyung said. “But play some music so we won’t sit in awkward silence since that isn’t my style.” I rolled my eyes turning on the stereo plugging my i-pod to it.

            “I’ll start,” I said. “This isn’t about me, but I found out Chanyeol was dating Byun Baekhyun.”

            “What?” Taehyung asked. “The guy he used to like before you? Really? Wow.”

            “Yeah,” I said. “I was pretty shocked yesterday when I heard the news. Apparently they go to the same college and stuff in America.”

            “Okay,” Taehyung said. “Um well recently the gym I’m going to at school, there’s a guy that’s been hitting on me.”

            “Who?” I asked immediately jumping into defense mode. Who was hitting on Taehyung that I didn’t know about? True I didn’t go to the gym, because I had a job. I didn’t have time to work out anyways.

            “Some guy named Jung Hoseok,” Taehyung said. “I didn’t notice at first but he’s been dropping more obvious hints that he likes me. Yesterday I caught him staring at me for a good five minutes.”

            “Do you like him back?” I asked, partially scared of the answer. What if Taehyung had moved on from his crush he used to have on me? I had told him multiple times he was my best friend. Had he given up on liking me?

            “No,” Taehyung said. “I don’t like him. There’s someone else I like.” He looked down smiling sadly. “If only they’d like me back the way I like them. I’ve liked them for the majority of the time I’ve known them.”

            I smiled as the music filled the silence between us. I wanted to tell Taehyung I was starting to like him too, but I was scared. I knew the feeling was mutual, but I was still nervous. And Taehyung showed no sign in confessing to me again. God were we stupid.

            “Let’s order the food,” I said finally. “I’m getting hungry.” I got up grabbing the phone and the pile of takeout menus we had. “What looks good?”

            “I’m in the mood for some bulgogi,” Taehyung answered. “What about you Jin?”

            “Bulgogi sounds good to me,” I said. I picked the menu that had the best bulgogi dialing the number ordering two servings of bulgogi. “It should be here in about an hour.”

            “Let’s go outside,” Taehyung said standing up. “We have time to kill and the weather is crisp outside. He grabbed my hand leading me to the door. We put on our shoes as I grabbed my coat heading outside with him.           

            “It’s cold,” I said. “Why did you want to go outside in this weather?”

            “Because,” Taehyung said. “I like this weather. Come here if you’re cold.” He adjusted his scarf wrapping it around my neck so we were sharing his scarf. “Better?”

            “Thanks,” I said. “So what are we going to do outside?”

            “Enjoy nature?” Taehyung laughed. “Walk around the neighborhood until it’s time to come back for the food?”

            “Fine,” I said shrugging my shoulders. I didn’t have anything better in mind for us to do for an hour. You could only play truth for truth for so long and by the way we were going it was going to get awkward really fast.

            We left my yard walking a little ways up the hill we lived on past his house till we got to the top where there was a bench that had a good view of the city.

            “The sun is setting,” I said. The clouds had turned a fiery orange just like Taehyung’s hair used to be. Recenltly Taehyung had stopped dying his hair so bright so now it was just a dark brown.

            “It looks nice,” Taehyung said. We sat down on the bench looking out over Seoul as the city lights were beginning to light up the city making it look like a sea of stars. “I go up here a lot to think sometimes.”

            “You do?” I asked. “What do you think about?”

            “Life,” Taehyung said. “As cliché as that sounds, but I do think about what I’m doing with my life, academically and emotionally.” I looked at him with concern in my eyes. “Jin I’m not depressed. I just have a lot to think about.”

            “Okay,” I said. “If you ever feel down, you can always talk to me. Talk to me about anything that’s bothering you. You won’t be disturbing me if you’re worried about that.”

            “I’ll keep it in mind,” Taehyung said smiling at me. He moved closer to me wrapping his arm around me. I sighed feeling the warmth of his body heat mixing with mine to make us warmer. “Jin I.”

            “I know,” I said. “I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and seeing Chanyeol with Baekhyun made me realize what I was missing in my life for a while. Someone to love. Someone to be loved by.” I looked down as Taehyung turned to look at me.

            “What do you mean?” Taehyung asked.

            “I realized when I was going out with Chanyeol,” I said. “All those years I was with him, that I wasn’t in love with him as much as he had been in love with me. I liked him a lot but my heart was always beating for someone else. He was my star, but he lost the light when we broke up.

            “It took me a while to realize this but I had another star always shining on me. That star would check on me when I was still not over Chanyeol. The star was patient with me and I was glad for that. It kept its feelings at the back of their mind to focus on how I was doing? I guess I was pretty selfish to only think about myself when I was sad.    

           “But that star gave me light. It gave me hope and brought that feeling back to me. The feeling I had felt with Chanyeol. That warmth and butterflies that I felt every time I looked at him and touched him. I had found that in someone else. They had become my star, maybe they had always been my star.”

            I stopped talking feeling the cool winter wind blow across us. I looked at Taehyung, finally noticing the tears in my eyes, clouding my vision a little.

            “Jin,” he said quietly holding my hand. He gave it a light squeeze. I looked down at our hands noticing how right they looked together. I’d always thought Chanyeol’s hand with mine was right but looking back at it, it seemed Chanyeol’s hand only covered mine. Chanyeol’s love had covered me from the truth.

            Chanyeol’s love had protected me from the pain I had felt when I thought I was losing my best friend. It had given me hope that everything would be okay. Chanyeol was my first love but even now just like those many months back at the airport, was he really my first love?

            Had I ever truly loved him as much as I loved Taehyung. Chanyeol knew my heart truly belonged to Taehyung. I did too. I just never told Taehyung that it was him I was in love with.

            “So basically,” I said wiping my eyes with my free hand. “Taehyung, it might have been from the beginning when I thought I was losing my best friend. But my feelings for you have changed as I’ve changed. I love you. More then a friend. More then a best friend.”

            Taehyung was still quiet as I finally finished talking. I sat there looking out of the city. The city that was now a sea of stars now that the sun had finally disappeared. Up in the sky were the real stars and down in Seoul were the stars of other people. And up on the hill seated on the bench, I was sitting next to the brightest star. Taehyung.

            I closed my eyes lacing my fingers with Taehyung’s resting our hands on my leg. I felt Taehyung shift on the bench, suddenly feeling his breath ghosting my face. I nodded my head keeping my eyes closed ready for what was going to happen next.

            “I’ve never stopped loving you,” Taehyung whispered. “Never. I love you Jin.” I felt my name roll off his lips as he pressed them gently onto my lips. I leaned my face in closer feeling tears falling onto my face that belonged to Taehyung.

            “I love you,” I whispered into the kiss. Taehyung kissed me back.

            “You were always my star,” Taehyung said. “And you’ll forever be my star.”

 

So yes they finally got together!!! The moment you've all been waiting for from probably the beginning! And what better way to have Little Star by AKMU to finish it off. I finally incorporated stars into the stories haha :) So I never planed on having this be a extremely long chapted fic. I planned on ending it with Taehyung and Jin finally admitting they loved each other. So what's next? Probably an epilogue. I want to end it on a happy note. Please leave a comment~