Chapter 3

Forever Like Stars

“Words I held in and couldn’t say, I want to shout them loudly” – Lovesick, B.A.P.

 

            I was very excited to go to the first music club meeting of the year. All day that was all I talked about. Finally after classes, I was going to the music club.

            “You’ll have to tell me everything that happens in the club,” Taehyung said as we walked to the music building. “Don’t leave anything out.”

            “I won’t don’t worry,” I said. “You sure you won’t be bored just waiting for me for two hours?” I didn’t want Taehyung to be bored outside just waiting for me.

            “I won’t be bored,” Taehyung said smiling. “Don’t worry Jin. But I forgot my headphones at home though.”

            “Here use mine,” I said. I dug my headphones out of my backpack handing them to Taehyung as we reached the music room. “Well this is it. See you at five then.”

            “Yep see you later,” Taehyung said clapping me on the back. “Good luck.” I smiled at him before entering the music building heading to the main music room.

            “Hey Jin,” Luna said smiling at me. “Just on time.” I took a seat a little away from the majority of the club members.

            Finally everyone was in the room and Taeyeon, Baekhyun, and Jonghyun took their spots at the front of the room.

            “Welcome everyone to the first ever music club meeting,” Taeyeon said smiling at us. “This year is going to be a very good year and we’re going to compete in many vocal competitions. So right now Luna is going to pass around the sign up sheet where you’ll just need to put your name, grade, e-mail, and phone number.”

            Luna gave the paper to the girl next to her as the club members began writing down their information.

            “So next week we’re going to have a showcase at lunch,” Jonghyun said. “So basically we’re going to show the school what the music club is all about. So we’re going to have some group performances and some duets, and some solos. Sound good?”

            The group nodded and said yes in agreement.

            “So we’ve already decided on the groups and solos and stuff,” Baekhyun said. “Based on your auditions from yesterday, and for returning members from past performances. So no complaining please? Taeyeon will read the list of performances.”

            “Okay,” Taeyeon said holding a paper in front of her. “So Baekhyun, Luna, and Kyuhyun are a group. Let’s see Yuri, Sulli, Yeeun, Jihyun, and Raina will be a group. Myungsoo, Jungkook, Nichkhun, Eli will be a group. Please welcome one of the two newest members Jungkook. Jonghyun will be doing a solo, as will I, and so will our other new member Jin. Any questions?”

            “We get to choose our own songs right?” Yuri asked.

            “Of course,” Baekhyun said. “So when you think of a song inform one of us, and we’ll either approve or tell you to find another song, and after that it’s up to you to practice and be ready by the club meeting before the showcase. You have a little over a week.”

            “That’s about it for the meeting today,” Taeyeon said. “So feel free to think about songs and get to know each other. Yes.”

            I was shocked, I was performing a solo? On the first ever showcase? I walked up to Taeyeon who was talking with Jonghyun and Baekhyun.

            “What’s up Jin?” Jonghyun asked. All three pairs of eyes turned to face me.

            “Why was I chosen to do a solo for the first ever showcase?” I asked. “I mean, I’m one of the new members.”

            “Well we really really liked your audition yesterday,” Taeyeon said. “So we want to show you off to the whole school.”

            “So choose a really good song to sing Jin,” Baekhyun said. “Good luck man.” I nodded heading back to my seat taking out my phone looking at the songs I listened to frequently.

            There was EXO’s Don’t Go, IU’s Raindrop, Roy Kim’s Love Love Love, and Shinhwa’s This Love. I decided to go with the last song. I could play it on the guitar so I could make it acoustic.

            I went back to the presidents of the club telling them what I would sing.

            “This Love by Shinhwa,” Taeyeon said nodding her head. “Acoustic version. I like it.”

            “I do too,” Jonghyun said. “Jin got for it!”

            I smiled to myself heading back to my seat as the other people in the club talked in their groups about what songs to sing.

 

>_< ^_^

 

            After the club meeting was over I told Taehyung about my upcoming performance for the showcase.

            “Wow!” Taehyung exclaimed. “I guess the club heads really really liked your audition yesterday! Congrats Jin, so you’re going to sing Shinhwa’s, ‘This Love?’ acoustic version? That’s going to sound amazing.”

            “I’m excited,” I said. “I’m ready to practice for the showcase. I’m going to make sure this is a good starting performance.”

            We reached the hill to our houses beginning our uphill trek to our houses.

            “Hey so this weekend my mom and dad are having some of my family come over for dinner,” Taehyung said. “My mom’s sister, her husband, and their two kids who are our age. And they said I could invite you over to save me the boredom, since my famil and I don’t really get along that well.”

            “Sure,” I said. “I wouldn’t mind that. I’ll be there.”

            “Great,” Taehyung said. “So my house on Saturday at five. Thank you so much for agreeing to come. I cannot stand those two idiots Youngjae, and Junhong (B.A.P.).”

            On Saturday I dressed up in some dark skinny jeans, and a purple and black plaid short-sleeved button down shirt. I walked up the hill a little ways to Taehyung’s house. As I approached the house, I saw Taehyung outside on the front steps.

            “Hey Jin!” Taehyung said getting up. “Nice shirt. New?”

            “Yeah,” I said. “My mom gave it to me today when she got home from her shopping trip. Is your family here?”

            “Unfortunately,” Taehyung grumbled. “But my dad said I could wait outside for you to come. I think he understands the hell Youngjae and Junhong put me through. Shall we head inside now?”

            “I guess so,” I said. Taehyung clapped his arm around my shoulder as we entered inside his house, which smelled of the dinner his mom was cooking. “It smells good in here.”

            “Hello Jin!” Taehyung’s mom said coming out of the kitchen. “Welcome, thank you for coming. Come in and meet my sister and her family.”

            We entered into the main living area where there was two teens on their phones laughing with each other, Taehyung’s dad talking with Taehyung’s mom’s sister and her husband.

            “Everyone this is Taehyung’s friend Jin,” his mom said. “He lives just a little down the hill from us. They’ve been friends since they were ten.”

            “Nice to meet you Jin,” his mom’s sister said.

            “It is nice to meet you all,” I said bowing.

            “Jin’s in the music club at our school, and is going to be performing a solo for the first showcase,” Taehyung said. “He’s super talented at singing.”

            “I’m not that great,” I said. “I’m just average.”

            “Why don’t you boys head up to Taehyung’s room and we’ll call you down when dinner is ready,” Taehyung’s dad said. “It’ll be more fun then being with the adults.”

            “Fine.” Taehyung said. “Come on everyone.” We followed Taehyung to his room which was covered with EXO posters.

            “Ugh all this girly crap,” Youngjae said. “Taehyung why don’t you grow up and get rid of these posters?”

            “I like EXO a lot,” Taehyung said sitting down on his bed. “So that’s not going to happen. My room is staying the way it is.” I sat down next to him on the bed as Junhong and Youngjae sat down in the chairs Taehyung had in his room.

            I really liked Taehyung’s room with all the EXO posters. Ever since middle school, Taehyung had been obsessed with EXO, and we tended to listen to their music a lot. I even grew to like EXO because of him.

            “I like EXO too,” I said. “They make pretty good music. I really like Don’t Go.”

            “Figures you would like EXO too,” Junhong said laughing. “I mean being friends with Taehyung isn’t bad enough, but you like the same music as him. I can’t imagine anything worse then being friends with Taehyung.”

            “Taehyung is a really nice guy,” I said. “He is funny and nice and my best friend. I couldn’t imagine not being friends with him.”

            “Seriously?” Youngjae asked looking at me, as if I had said I was his long lost brother. “Jin are you and Taehyung gay for each other?”

            “What?” Taehyung asked. “Where did that come from? Why would we be gay for each other? Does that make any sense?”

            “Well you two are awfully close to each other,” Junhong said. “Look how close you two are sitting next to each other now. Legs touching, hands slightly touching. Looks like a romance to me.”

            “Well hate to break it to you,” I said. “But there is nothing going on between Taehyung and I. We’re just best friends.”

            “Call it what you want,” Youngjae said. “But you two seem like boyfriends to me. I mean Jin looks pretty gay to me. Look at his girly face. Doesn’t it make you fall for him Junhong?”

            “Oh definitely,” Junhong said laughing. “Jin would you give me the pleasure of sleeping with me? I know you’re a guy and all but with that face and all I can make an exception.”

            “Cut it out,” Taehyung said glaring at them. “Don’t talk about my friend like that. Don’t call him gay when you don’t know anything about him.”

            “Why are you defending him?” Youngjae asked. “I mean can’t you speak up for yourself Jin? Or does Taehyung protect you every single time. Speak pretty boy. Are you dating Taehyung or not.”

            “I’m not dating anyone,” I said quietly looking down at the ground. “And I’m not gay and Taehyung and I aren’t in love with each other.”

            “Whatever you say,” Junhong said. “I totally believe you Jin.”

            “Dinner guys,” Taehyung’s mom said poking her head in the room. “Come down.”

            “Let’s go eat,” Taehyung said. We left Junhong and Youngjae heading down the stairs. “Hey I’m sorry about what they said. They’re jerks.”

            “It’s okay,” I said. “It’s not as if it’s been the first time people have made fun of me.”

            “But it’s going to be the last,” Taehyung said. “No one makes fun of my best friend. No one.”

 
As always please leave a comment telling me your thoughts. And to the other people who've commented already thank you~ ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Im126hqBo - B.A.P. - Lovesick