Chapter 2

Guardian Angel

We were looking for her for two whole hours. TWO HOURS! Now she was waiting at the bus stop. “Go to her.” Sunbae pushed me in her direction. “What if she begins shouting at me? She can be pretty mean. She hates me.” I pouted. “Then we’ll look for another human.” He said. “You promise?” I asked. “I promise, now go.” I walked at her. “Eeeeer hi, it’s me, your guardian angel.” I whispered. She turned her head. Her eyes looked like they could murder me. I ran back to sunbae. “See, I told you!” I cried and hugged him. “I’ll turn visible for her and explain everything. She is looking at you like you’re completely insane.” He said. “Thank you.” I sniffed. I let him go and looked at Hyorin. Her eyes widen as sunbae became visible for her. He walked to her. “How did you do that?” she asked surprised. And she didn’t asked me why she only could see me. It’s just because sunbae is handsome. I crossed my arms. “That doesn’t matter, I’m head of the guardian angels. That girl there is your guardian angel, she is an amazing angel, the best you could get. Okay she is a bit lively but she’s not bad. She will help you a lot, if you accept her… and if you help her a bit.” Sunbae said. She listened to him. Why didn’t she listen to me? Aish humans are complicated. “There don’t exist such things like angels.” My human said. “Yah, I’m right here, I can hear you!” I shouted. Sunbae sighted and came to me. “Come, we’ll find another human. Oh and Lee Hyorin, you’ll die in a few days without this little angel here.” Sunbae said to her. I turned my head. Her eyes widen. “Goodbye, it was nice to meet you.” I yelled at her. Sunbae came closer. “I’ll give her 10 seconds to shout that she takes you.” He whispered. “Hana, dul, set, net,…” “Come back!” Hyorin shouted. “Less than 5 seconds.” I said. “Changed your mind?” he asked. Hyorin nodded. “Go, you little butterfly.” He laughed at me. Happily I skipped to Hyorin. “I know our start wasn’t good but I hope this one is better?” I smiled. “See you soon.” Sunbae shouted and disappeared. Even I couldn’t see him. “Okay. I have a few rules. Don’t follow me all day.” “I have to. What if something happens? I have to save your life then.” I told her. “Don’t talk a lot to me.” She continued. “I don’t have any friends here, and I think you’re also alone isn’t it?” I disturbed her. “Aish don’t look at me like that.” She said. “Like what?” I asked. “That, it’s too cute.” She said. “I’m sorry.” I apologized. She looked away. “But I was right that you don’t have many friends. I want to be your friend. I like you, since you wanted me.” I said. She nodded. I hugged her, I didn’t know if I would go through her, or if she felt my hug but still. “You can let me go, I’ll miss my bus.” She said. “Do you call such things a bus? In heaven it’s called… do we have such things in heaven actually.” I thought out loud. “Just follow me if you don’t want to lose me again.” She whispered and stepped in it. I followed her. It looked bigger on the inside with all those seats. “Woaaaaah~.” “Get used to it. I use this thing every day.” She said. I nodded, still looking around. “It’s beautiful.” I said. “It’s old and ready to slope.” She whispered. I knew she had to talk softly here cause there were other people too. It would be weird if she talked out loud. “Why would you do such things!” I shouted and hopped through the bus. “Because those things can’t live forever. Just like humans.” She said. “I was human too till a few months ago.” I said. “Why can’t you even remember busses then?” she asked me. I took a seat. “Well, we forget everything once we die. I don’t even know how I died. It could be natural, it could be an accident, it could be murder.” I said softly. There was no need to talk quietly for me, but I thought this subject needs to be told softly. “Interesting.” She whispered. “We’re indeed pretty interesting.” I said. She remained silent. I think because she didn’t want others to hear us. A few minutes later she stood up. The bus stopped and I followed her. She opened again when we were outside. “Can I ask you something?” she asked. “You already did.” I laughed. “No serious. Do you guys have wings?” she asked. “Now you’re interested in us. But sure, we have wings. Do you want to see them… But I have to warn you, they are pretty shiny.” I told her. “Of course I want to see them.” She said. “Do you have sunglasses right now?” I asked. “Nope.” She laughed. “I don’t care if you get blind, you asked for them.” I laughed and opened them. They were silver and I knew they were full of sparkles. fell open. “They are beautiful.” Hyorin said. “I know, I know.”