Chapter 6

Guardian Angel

“Is she awake?” someone asked. I opened my eyes again. I just woke up from the weirdest dream I’ve ever had. It was so lively. I even felt pain. Like real pain, what I was feeling now. I even thought I became human again. Wait, I was still feeling pain? I jumped up and screamed. “Hyejin, it’s okay.” A person in white clothes told me. Was she an angel just like me? Why did she call me Hyejin? I didn’t have a name. I was hyperventilating and after a few seconds I screamed again. “Call a doctor!” A male voice shouted. Where was I? Everything was so white and… just white. Like heaven but different. “Calm down Hyejin.” The man in white said. “Why is everyone calling me Hyejin. I want sunbae. Where is sunbae? I want to know what’s happening.” I shouted in panic. “She’s in shock! We need a doctor now!” they shouted. “Hyorin, is she okay?” I asked. “Yeah everything is alright because of you, she is sitting in the waiting room with the boy you saved too.” A woman in white said. “Bring them to me!” “Calm you need to see a doctor first.” They tried to calm me down. “I don’t need to see a doctor. I need to see Hyorin and that guy!” I stumped with my arms and legs in the matrass. It hurt.  “Bring them before she goes out of control.” Another shouted. The whole scene was hectic. There were people running everywhere and I wasn’t calm myself. Hyorin came in the room. “I was so shocked.” She yelled as she ran to me. The next moment she hugged me tight. “Don’t ever does such things again. And I mean it, you’ll die.” She whispered. “I know.” I nodded. “Hyejin.” The guy walked to me. “It seems like you saved me this time.” He said. “Thanks to you, I’m like this.” I whispered. “Thanks to you I’m like this.” He repeated me. “I don’t know what you mean.” I said. “I’ll give you my name. I know people up there are talking a lot about me.” He said and pointed to the ceiling. “Taehyung.” “Oh you already know me.” He acted like he was surprised but I was sure he wasn’t. “Yah! Don’t forget about me.” Hyorin yelled. “I thought I was send back to heaven.” I said softly. I was close to crying. “Shhhh. You’re still here.” she whispered. “Choi Hyejin?” someone called. Was she a person in white? Who were they calling all the time? Hyorin and Taehyung stepped aside as another person in white came. “Ah, Hyejin, I’m doctor Jung. I operated you. I saw at the pictures we took of your back and the scans of your head and everyone is positive that your state gets better every minute. When you came in, no-one thought you would be here with us today. They brought you yesterday on intensive care and now you’re awake like this, I think you’re able to go to a normal room. We took pictures this morning by accident. But we were shocked by the result. There were cracks in your spine but now they’re gone.” He sounded surprised. I nodded. I looked to Hyorin and Taehyung. “How long do I have to stay?” I asked. “It depends on how fast you improve.” He answered me. I thanked him. “Bring her to a normal room.” Doctor Jung shouted at the other white persons. “And Heyjin, if there is any pronlem, just call one of the nurses.” He said. I nodded. He left again. “Are those people in white nurses?” I asked Taehyung and Hyorin. They both started laughing. “You’ve never heard of a nurse?” Hyorin asked laughing. “Even I knew they were nurses when I was an angel.” Taehyung chuckled. I crossed my arms. “We should think about a place for you to go.” Hyorin said. “I’m living alone, she can live with me.” Taehyung suggested. “No way I live with a guy!” I shouted. “You can also sleep on a bench on the street.” He grinned. “Yah.” “Don’t yah me! Do you have a better idea?” “No.” I said. “Then stay with me.” He smiled. “I can’t give my angel to some stranger.” Hyorin growled. “We’re not strangers, I saved her twice. She even loved me.” He said. “I don’t even know you!” I shouted. “You do know me. I’m Taehyung. I’m the guy that saved you twice. You loved me after I became human. When you were alive you would love to live with me.” “I am alive.” I reminded him. “So you have to stay at my home.” “I don’t even know you.” I told him for the second time this minute. “You don’t remember me. That doesn’t mean you don’t know me. “ He said. “Is here a problem?” a nurse asked. “Can I go to my new room already?” I asked. “Sure it will be ready in a few minutes.  Taehyung came closer. “We’ll talk about how your life was when there aren’t so much people around.” He whispered. “I don’t need to know more about it.”  “Hyejin never wondered how you died? Never wondered who your family was? I can say. We both know him really well.”