Chapter 5

Guardian Angel

I was waiting for Hyorins class to end. She didn’t want me to be with her now cause I would probably cause problems. She was probably right. I sighted. “Annyeong.” I heard suddenly. “Sunbae.”  I jumped up. “You know Hyorin likes you?” I asked. He looked at me. “I’m not kidding. You should make yourself always visible for her. She would love that.” I grinned. “Is everything going alright with her?” he asked. I nodded. “Oh my ~! You’re worried about her. THAT’S SO CUTE!” I yelled and jumped up and down from the cuteness. “I’m more worried that you would kill her yourself.” He said. “Yah, do I look like a killer.” I pouted. Sunbae ruffled my hair. “Yah! My hair!” I shouted. “Do I have to be honest.” He smiled. “I’m the cutest angel you’ve ever seen. I don’t look like a killer.” I said. He laughed. I giggled. A group of boys walked out of the classroom. I think there were seven of them. I scanned the group. It were seven, good looking guys. But when I looked closer. I saw HIM. Dadaduuuuuum. His eyes were looking at me and sunbae. I stared back. “Sunbae is it possible that there is still a trace of my life left that keeps following me otherwise I think I need therapy.” “ That’s impossible why?” he asked. “There is a guy who can see me and I think the others can see him too cause he is there with that group.” I said and pointed at where the group walked a few seconds ago. “I don’t see a thing.” He said. “They are gone!” I shouted. “You’re seeing things, maybe we should take you back to heaven, you’re not ready.” He said. “I don’t want to. Give me a few days. I will save Hyorin in a few days.” I shouted and fell down for sunbae’s feet. I hugged his both legs. “Don’t let me go away.” I begged. I felt like a beggar trying to get money. “Okay, you get a few days. And if you keep seeing things that don’t exist you go back with me.” He said. I nodded. “You can let go my legs.” He said. “No.” I whispered. “I like hugging them.” He rolled his eyes. “Just admit you like it.” I laughed. “Hell no.” he shouted. “Sunbae, vocabulary.” I said. “Let me go. I have work to do.” He said. “Okay.” I pouted and let him go. “I’ll keep an eye on you.” “Bye sunbae.” I waved at him. He disappeared. What to do now. Maybe I’ll go for a walk. It’s still an hour. Why did those guys left early. I should follow them. I really wanted to know. And that orange haired kid isn’t with them. He’s just in my mind. I went in the direction I think they walked. They went outside the school. I looked around. There were a lot of people here. Wait, did Hyorin just walked there? She was in class a few minutes ago. “Hyorin!” I shouted. She walked to the boys. She didn’t stop and crossed the street. The orange haired guy waved at the others and crossed too. But a car came. I ran to the two. “Hyorin!” I shouted. I ran as fast as I could. I pushed her and the boy away just before the car could hit them. And I couldn’t die twice so I didn’t move. “No!” I heard Hyorin scream. “I saved you.” I smiled and then there was black. Why black? I didn’t feel a thing. I didn’t hear a thing. I didn’t saw a thing. Where was I? A minute ago I was standing on the street and now I was in this dark space. There was no light. I was scared. What is happening? “Sunbae!” I shouted. “SUNBAE!” I repeated louder. “Hyorin.” There came no reaction.

Suddenly there was pain. Or I think it was pain. “Is she still alive.” Someone asked. “It hurts.” For a moment it wasn’t dark anymore. “Call an ambulance.” Someone else shouted. “Shhhhh, everything will be okay.” I heard Hyorin say. “Hyorin, are you there?” I asked. “I’m here.” She said. I smiled in pain. “It hurts so much.” I whispered. “I know. The ambulance will be here in a minute.” She said. “Can they see me?” I asked softly. “I guess they can.” Her voice was so soft I couldn’t hear it well. “Is that boy okay?” I asked. “I guess he is. You saved him to.” She said. “It was a mistake.” I said. And everything went black again. I had saved him. I had to let him die. How cruel does that sound. But if I hadn’t saved him, everything was just like before. I would be still an angel, Hyorin would be alive and that guy would be out of my mind. This was the most stupid thing I have ever done. I’m no longer an angel. I was a human. Sunbae I’m sorry, I won’t turn back to heaven till I die again.