Chapter 8

Guardian Angel

 

Sunbae left without saying anything. I stayed in the room with Taehyung. “It’s best you leave too.” I said. “Hyejin.” He stuttered. “I just… don’t want to hear it. Bring Hyorin in here." “Hyejin.” “Out!” He lowered his head and left the room. Hyerin walked in a few minutes later. “Was it nice to hear everything about your past?” Hyorin asked. I shook my head. “I feel like I just died for the second time, there are nicer things to hear then.” I said. My hyper personality was gone. I wasn’t the same me as before. “And I think the news that I just received, won’t make it better.” She said. My eyes widened. “My parents are really thankful for saving me, but they can’t let you live with us. They say there’s no place for you and I suggested you could sleep on my couch but she said we couldn’t do that. But she wants to make a huge dinner for you when you can go out the hospital.” She said irritated by her own mother. “It’s alright I’ll find a place to go. Really.” I smiled, but actually I just wanted to stay with her. “Yeah, but don’t you dare to go to that Taehyung dude.” As eyes could kill, then I was already dead again. I would be where I belonged, and then I could be with Hyorin again like we used to be. Human and guardian angel. I sighted. “Do I have some other place to go?” I asked. “We can find something. You don’t have to leave this hospital now so we have time to find something.” She said. “Do you think we’ll find something in a few days? I recover too fast? I’m still not an complete human. Remember that.” I said. “I think since you became part human again you became smarter, maybe this is a good thing.” Hyorin laughed. “Yah, it’s not the moment to joke about my brain activity. We have to make me an angel again when we get out of here.” I said. Hyorin grinned. “This is serious. How can you kill someone without it hurts a lot? I don’t want to be in pain again. It’s unpleasant.” I said. “It’s normal that pain is unpleasant. That’s the definition of it. I take my words back. You’re still not smarter.” I pouted when she said that. “You sure?” I asked. “Nope, but I hope you’ll be smarter, cause what do you want to do when you’re dumb? You can’t work, you can’t study. The only thing you can do then is just sitting on your lazy and watch television.” She was right. “If I have to choose then, I’ll study with you. If we don’t succeed with murder me.” I said. I don’t know how I could say that so easily. Dying was a serious case. Only people who are gone completely crazy think about killing themselves. And I think, since I woke up again, I was pretty sane. I sighted. “Can I be honest? I don’t think your sunbae will send you to earth again when you die.” Hyorin. I sighted. “So you think if we will stay together, I have to stay alive?” I asked. She nodded. I didn’t like this. I wanted to be an angel and stay by Hyorin’s side. But I think living like this would be the only option if she’s right about sunbae won’t letting me go. I sighted. Maybe I shouldn’t try to kill myself, then I’m sure I’ll stay with Hyorin. “Hyorin?” I asked. “Yeah.” She answered me. “I just want to say, thank you for being my human. It was great to be your guardian angel for how long it lasted. I know we didn’t started right, but I really liked you from the beginning. And now even if my body won’t work like it used to, I will still try to be your saviour. I have promised I would stay by your side till you die when you’re old and I would keep that promise.” I said and looked up to her. She settled herself on the side of the bed. There was a smile on her face. “Hyejin.” She begon. “Don’t say that name so often. It’s weird.” I said. “My angel.” She started over new. I nodded. “That’s better.” I said. “It’s not that I try to be in danger. I’ll try to be safe so you don’t have to save me.” She looked at me. I smiled. “I know but it’s just so you know, you don’t have to fear.” I whispered and yawned. “Just rest more. You have some difficult days waiting for you.” Hyorin said. I nodded. I knew that. I knew this life would be difficult even though I was human till a few months ago. I didn’t remember a thing of it, I knew I had learned about humans in heaven, but be like them isn’t the same. I sighted and closed my eyes. I didn’t know I could be so tired of just sitting on a bed. Maybe it was a human thing to be tired a lot. Maybe it’s just something for angels who turned into humans. I don’t know.