Chapter Six

Our Love Story

“Yes, I have a date and you’re coming along.”  She waved her hand to a taxi that was coming towards us.  I just smile.

/ / / /

JiYong:

I finished everything on the list Hyung had given me to do.  I walked back bared-footed and was carrying bags of food.  As I entered the room Teddy was sleeping on the black leather couch.  I quietly walked over to the tables and gently sat the items down trying hard not to make any sounds, or else the sleeping lion will wake up and attack its prey.

I carefully walked over to him who was lying on the couch with his arms-crossed, hood over his face, and his legs also cross on the arm of the couch.  I was now standing in front of him, thinking of a way to wake him up and tell him I had finished the checklist.  When I was about to tap his shoulder approximately 4 inches away, his eyes suddenly open.  “We go at 6:50; get dress” He quickly said and got up and walked out, leaving me there dumbfounded.

/ / / /

Hyung and I were already at the restaurant and the girls were a minute late.  “Why aren’t they coming yet?!  Did we get stood up?  Hyung! WHY AREN’T THEY HERE?!!!” I practically scream in his ears.  He started to rub his ears from the volume of my voice.  I can feel everyone in the room starring at me.  With embarrassment I stood up from my chair and bow to everyone to apologize.

“Shut up will you?   Or will just leave.”  Teddy said.  NO! “No! No, let’s stay Hyung.” I replied and quietly sat back down on my chair like nothing had happened.  Every minute felt like forever,  I was completely nervous and excited at the same time ‘What if Bom get disappointed that I was her blind date?  What if she rejects me?  What if Bom laugh at me for liking my noona?’  I had a million ‘what if’ in my head and they were all negative questions.  As we waited I was tapping on the table plates with my chopsticks and investigate around the restaurant.  I picked up my glass of water up and took a big glop of it.  All of a sudden I saw her.  My eyes widen, I couldn’t believe she showed up.  Omo, they’re walking towards us.  I cleared my throat and wipe the water on my lips.  Bom was wearing a black mini dress with her brown-red hair falling down like how it has always been. 

I starred up and down her figure capturing her beauty but then *Cough. Cough* Teddy faked, I came back to reality and she was even more beautiful.  I shook my head, faked a cough and stood up to greet them, doing my actions without leaving my eyes off of her. 

“Bom, this is your date” Teddy said to fill the silence at the table.  A small smile came from Bom. She reached for the chair but I quickly ran to the other side of the table and grabbed it instead.  I pulled it out for her.  She smiled and sat down as I pushed the chair in so then she wouldn’t fall into the ground.  “Thank You JiYong.” She thanked as I walked but over to my chair and sat down.  Then I continued to stare at Bom, memorizing her beauty.

Moments later when the waiter came “What will you ladies and gentlemen’s like to eat?”  He said with an accent.  He smiled with a notepad and a pen in his hand waiting for us to reply.  This was a Chinese restaurant so I didn’t really know what to order, Chinese food wasn’t really my cup of tea.  “I’ll have dish 4.”  I heard a female voice from our table that was definitely not my Bommie’s voice. I looked over and saw….. Chaerin?  What is she doing here?  Was she here the whole time?  Why haven’t I notice?

“Dish number 2 please, with extra corn on the side.”  Bom said as she smiled brightly at the waiter.  I admit I got a bit jealous, just a tiny bitty jealous.  Who am I kidding? I was furious!  I just glared at the waiter but he didn’t see because Bom and he were having a staring contest.  *Cough. Cough* “Yes, I’ll like to have the same thing please?” I asked and he turned his head towards me.  I can see ‘What the hell is your problem man, I was still talking (looking) at this beautiful lady; I hate you’ look in the waiters face.  But he just force a smile out and I returned a ‘Get lost, she’s mine’ look back at him and turn my face over to Bom and smiled.

“I’ll have dish 7 please?” Teddy out of nowhere starts talking.  The waiter took our orders; “Dinner will be served in a moment.” and gave one last smile back to Bom.  Watching him take off to the kitchen, in my mind he was already dead.