Chapter Ten

Our Love Story

JiYong:

The door opened.  So I stopped about an inch from her face and pulled back, also getting go of her hand. I looked over to see who it was; of course, it was the innocent and lovely half asleep Minzy.

-

We both stood there acting like nothing happened, well actually ‘nothing’ did happen, it was about to.   “Minzy what are you doing up so late?  Hurry up and go to sleep!” Bom yelled at her.  “I heard something coming from the door so I came to check, you know, just in case you were drunk or something.”  She finished.  “Yahh!  I don’t drink Minzy!”  She said back and then looked nervously at me.  “Then how about last tim-”  Bom ran to the maknae and covered with her hands.  She turned Minzy away and Bom turn her head back to look at me, “Umm...  JiYong see you later, okay?”   She said with a smile.  I simply gave her a smile and she closed the door, leaving me there starring at a wooden door.

/ / / /

Next Morning

Minzy:

I heard the sizzling oil and smell the smell of bacon and scramble eggs.  I quickly I got to see who the hell is in our dorm cooking and trying to fatten up even more than we are.  My eyes were sleepily closing and opening up again when I heard the oil.  But my stomach was wide awakened.

I stepped into the kitchen and saw, “…Bom?”  She turned her head back to look at me.  “Good morning sunshine.”  She said happily.  ‘What is wrong with her?  Is she high?’ I thought.  Bom was never, NEVER like this.  And when did she start calling me sunshine?  She was always the last one to wake up.  I use and still do, always bang the frying pan with a spoon to create loud noises so she can wake up.  Why all of a sudden change?

“Hi?”  I questioned, Bom always plays tricks on everyone, so I had to be careful.   There’s no way I can lose another pair of my favorite blue jeans (I’m not going to tell, it’s kind of a long story).  “Come and sit.” She points her finger to the dining table. Truthfully I am really scared at this moment. It looks like one of those scary movies, where the lady fats the kids up them eats them. 

Thinking about this made me even more scared.  ‘Why the heck am I scaring myself for?’ I said to myself, and then slapped myself across the face to make these stupid thoughts disappear.

I sat there in the table with my head down on the table, waiting for Bom to eat me up already.  I heard something being placed in front of me and looked up.  “HUH?” I accidentally said out loud.  “What do you mean by huh?”  Bom asked.  I looked around the table; there were bacons, scrambled eggs, French toast, orange juice, freshly baked bread, and some fresh cut fruits.  This was like heaven to me.  Bom Unni had never woke up this early to cook me anything.  Keke  maybe because I opened the door for her yesterday keke… I giggled.

“Okay, Minzy spit it out!”  Bom said as she slammed her hands on the table to bring me back to reality.  “What?” I asked, not knowing what she meant by ‘spit it out’.  “What did you see yesterday? The time when JiYong and I were outside, what did you see?!” She asked with a commanding tone in her voice.  Okay I admit, I want her ‘Good morning sunshine’ tone back; this was scarier.

“Unni, I saw nothing, why?” I asked. “Oh okay then” Bom smiled and sat back down like nothing had happened.

Bom:

Okay, I guess I was a bit overbroad,  but I didn’t want maknae to go around telling everyone what she saw, well, if she had saw us yesterday.