The Stepbrother

Marrying the Bully

Kim Woobin's POV

 
I followed Kang Sora up to the second level of their house. She might need my help to carry their bags. By the way, she agreed to the marriage. I will finally get the K&M Malls and all my shares in K&M Lands.
 
"Ya." I met her eyes. "I do understand that you want to get your inheritance and shares, but why me? I mean, there's a lot of girls there who can help you with your problem."
 
"Of course it has to be you..." I smirked. "Because I hate Lee Jonghyun."
 
I saw her froze when she heard the name.
 
Lee Jonghyun.
 
My step brother. The stepbrother that I never wanted. His father was the owner and CEO of one of the largest broadcasting station in Seoul while her mother was a famous theater actress. They had a divorce when Lee Jonghyun's in high school. 
 
A year after the divorce, his mother met my lonely father, my real omma died because of heart failure. Who would have thought that the oldies were each other's first love. Lee Jonghyun and I were sophomores in college when they got married. Yes, for the second time. Gross. Though I hate the idea, I can't do anything about it since it's my father's life. 
 
But what's most annoying was when they moved in our house, as if having a stepmom and brother wasn't annoying enough. Soon my father got fonder of Jonghyun because he said he's a good son, that I should follow him and hang out with him and his friends. His mother also got into my nerves when she started acting as if she's my real mom. She wanted my hair to be this short, my shirt to be this color, this and thats. She even demanded my father to give Jonghyun the same car I used.
 
 I left the house because of them and started to live on my own. My father might like him better than I am but he's still generous in giving me allowances. My father is generous and kind that's why I am scared that he might actually give the half of my inheritance to his wife and her child. I don't want that to happen that's why I talked to him. He told me I could get it once I get married.
 
"L-Lee Jonghyun?" I heard Sora say. "W-what's with him?"
 
I smirked. She's playing innocent.
 
"Because he likes you." I saw shocked in her face. "My step brother likes you."
 
She looked at me with more surprise all over her face. 
 
"He didn't tell you? His mother married my father about 2 or 3 years ago. Even I wouldn't spread such awful news." I crossed my arms. "I thought you two are sweet hearts."
 
She glared at me and returned to packing her mom's things. 
 
According to Hyungsik, the two were close to becoming an item until Jonghyun went to the States, instructed by his father. Wouldn't it nice that when he returned his lady love is already married to his hateful stepbrother? Hah! 
 
That is my plan. It's like hitting two birds with one stone - getting my inheritance and at the same time, pissing my step mother and brother. Aren't I a genius?
 
 
 
The next day, she didn't come to school but still, their family's bankruptcy and my proposal to her was a hot issue. After class, I decided to go and visit her mom. But  I thought I should bring something so I dialed Lee Eunhyuk's number, whose expert in this things since he's in a relationship with Lee Sena. 
 
"Eunhyuk-sshi, what should I bring if I wanted to visit my girlfriend's mother in a hospital?" I asked as soon as he picked up.
 
"You have a girlfriend?! Dude, that's cheating!"
 
Aissh. That's not Eunhyuk, that's Hyungsik voice! I looked at my phone to check if I dialed the right number. I dialed it correct, it's just Hyungsik who answered someone else's phone!
 
"Ya, Hyungsik! Get a life!" I shouted at him. "Give the phone to Eunhyuk! Didn't your parents taught you not to touch anything that's not yours?!"
 
"Of course they do! But when did you get yourself a girlfriend? Are you sure she knows that you're his boyfriend?" 
 
"Ya! I'm not like you." I answered.
 
"You know, wine and cheese would be great for--"
 
"Yes. Wine and cheese would be great for her sick mom. That's nice, dude." I sarcastically said before ending the call.
 
At the end, I decided to bring them bread, the bread that my late mom loved so much.
 
 
 
"You?!" I saw Sora's eyes wide open when I stepped in the room. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, ommonim." I bowed my head and walked straight to her without minding Kang Sora. "How are you feeling, ommonim?"
 
"I-I'm fine." She said with her soft voice, a trait that obviously her daughter didn't get from her. "But who are you? Are you friends with my Sora?"
 
"My name's Kim Woobin." I said. "I'm Sora's--"
 
"Ya!" Sora covered my mouth with her hand. "Omma, wait for a sec. We'll be right back."
 
I watched her as she dragged me out of her mom's room. 
 
"Ya! What are you doing?" She sneered at me.
 
"I am visiting your mom." I said cooly. "I wanted to know if she's ok."
 
"She is. You can go now."
 
"Why are you so cold to me? Soon I'll be calling her mother too."
 
"Ya!" 
 
"Kang Sora."
 
We looked back at the same time to know where the voice came from. 
 
"Appa!" Sora rushed and hugged him while the elder looked at me as if I did something wrong. 
 
Because his gaze was intimidating, I bowed at him. Aissh! I don't usually do this!
 
"Who is this young man?" He walked closer to me. "You looked familiar."
 
"Kim Woobin, sir." I stretched my hand and he gladly took it. He nodded before turning back to Sora.
 
"Is mom ok?" He asked.
 
"Ne appa. Go in. She's resting."
 
Her appa went in. Sora was about to follow when I held her wrist to stop her.
 
"You tell them we're in a relationship." Though my chest was pounding hard, I told her bravely.
 
"What?" She said in surprised but her mood suddenly changed. "Right now? As in now now?"
 
I nodded. "It would be weird if they found out about the marriage all of a sudden. Besides there's no reason for me to help Kyuden Hotel if we're not married."
 
She stopped and think for a while. Afterwards, she nodded. We went inside the hospital room, side by side.
 
"If it wasn't for that gentleman, I wouldn't be here." I heard her mom say. "Thank you so much." 
 
Her mom stretched her hand and I reached for it instantly. Actually, I have a soft spot for mothers ever since I lost mine, well except for my stepmom because we hate each other. I do miss my real mom so much.
 
"But what are you doing in our house last night?" Her mom reminds me of mine.
 
"I came to visit you daughter." I answered. "Actually Sir, Madame, I am Sora's boyfriend." I bowed my head. 
 
Her mother must be shocked. was covered with her hand while her father's eyes widened.
 
"I'm sorry we had to meet this way. I should have gone to your house earlier. Mianada." I said.
 
"You should have." Her father said strongly. He walked towards me and looked at me from head to foot. 
 
I must say, I made this all up but my knees were trembling as well as my hands. Her father is one scary ahjussi. 
 
"Honestly, after the graduation, we are getting married."
 
Because I wanted to get my inheritance as soon as possible. *grins.
 
"Sora? Is it true?" Her appa asked.
 
She looked at me first before answering.
 
"We are?" She asked. I glared at her so she could pull her things straight. "I mean, we are. We are."
 
"You are getting married to this guy we actually don't know!" Now her father was mad. "How irresponsible that could be! What's your name again, mister? Does your parents know about your marriage thing? I bet their against it too!"
 
"Yeobo, stop it. Let them explain." 
 
"My name's Kim Woobin, sir and I don't have any wrong intentions for your daughter." Hah! I stopped myself from laughing, what the heck did I just said? Then I saw Sora sneered at me.
 
"What does your parents do for a living?"
 
"Appa, seriously? You're asking him that?!"
 
"Shut your mouth, young lady!"
 
Sora pouted as I stuck my tongue at her. I am facing his father's back so I know I won't get caught. I straightened my face as soon as her father faced me.
 
"My father works in K&M Malls and in K&M Lands." I said humbly because I don't want them to say that I'm boasting. "We lost my omma few years back."
 
I saw Sora stared at me with sympathy. She was startled when I glared at her. I don't want anyone's sympathy. 
 
"Are you perhaps the son of Kim Seungwon?" Her father asked.
 
"Yes, sir. I am his son."
 
 
SORA'S POV
 
The doctor came together with a nurse to check omma's vital signs. They said that she can go home tomorrow if everything's back to normal. When the nurse was done, she handed omma's record to the doctor.
 
"Your condition improved a lot." He said smiling. "Tomorrow, you're free to go."
 
"That's good news!" Omma said as she looked at me.
 
I smiled at her and turned to appa. But he looked like he's in a deep thought that he doesn't hear what the doctor say. He must be shocked.
 
"We're going now. Take care of your health, Mrs. Kang." The doctor said before stepping out of the room with the nurse.
 
"Finally, we can go home now." Omma was so happy. "Yeobo? Yeobo?"
 
I tapped appa's shoulder. He looked at me with surprise expression. I pointed omma and soon he realized that she's talking to him. 
 
"What's bothering you?" Omma asked.
 
"N-nothing." He said while shaking his head. 
 
The nurse from earlier came back holding a small bag. 
 
"These are your take home medicines, Ma'am. Please don't forget to take this." She smiled politely. She was about to step out when appa talked to him.
 
"Nurse, can we get a copy of the hospital bill? We would like to settle it now."
 
"Sure sir. But Mr. Kim already paid in full, including the room fee for tomorrow." 
 
"Mister Kim?" Appa's eyes grew wide.
 
"Yes, sir. Mister Kim, Kim Woobin. He said he's your son in law." She said then left.
 
My heart skipped a beat when appa looked at me straight in the eyes. This Kim Woobin! He did this without telling me! He put me in so much trouble today! 
 
"Sora." Appa called. He's furious! "Tell me exactly, who is this Kim Woobin? I haven't heard anything about him from you."
 
"K-Kim W-woob-bin?" I stuttered, why now? I can't tell him what I did or he'll get really mad at me. "H-he's my namja chinggu, appa."
 
"And you're getting married at him too?"
 
"N-ne." I nodded. My chest was about to burst because of nervousness!
 
"How long is your relationship with him?"
 
"Wait, is this some kind of interrogation?" I asked bravely because I don't want him to find out.
 
"What if it is? Yes! This is an interrogation."
 
"Appa, let's not talk about it now. We're at the hospital and omma's sick." I pleaded. "Let's talk about it at home."
 
"That Kim Woobin, I don't like him." Appa said. "He's boastful and he lacks manners. What he just did was a sign of him being a show off! Break up with him! I don't like anyone like him in our family!"
 
"Yeobo, calm down. I'm sure he's nice." Omma said.
 
"Appa, please don't be unfair to him. Just because he wanted to help us doesn't mean he's a show off. He might look arrogant but he's kind and he knows when I needed someone to lean on." 
 
What? I'm defending him now?
 
"I've been wanting to ask you this. I'm sorry to ask, but are you going to marry him because he's a big help to Kyuden Hotel?"
 
I gasped. Should I tell him the truth or not?
 
 
_________________________________
 
Should Sora tell his appa or not? Thanks for reading! 😊
 
Thank you to xx_s_xx, OhNoItsCheli, maknikki, cacagusti, ayumoss, jiraeyza, velvetcupcaked, delightfulCAKE, KateDear, shasyame, and samuraimama for subscribing! Thank you so much! :)
 
Hope everyone's safe and fine. 😃