The Other Side of the Story.

Marrying the Bully

Exactly today marks Lee Jonghyun's one month of staying in LA. His father, Lee Jonghyuk, asked him to join him in LA for a business trip. But something happened and his father had to go back to Korea making him his father's representative in meetings with LA's different broadcasting stations. His father was thinking of investing and he wanted him to see if it's worthy or not. Luckily, his grandfather was based in LA so he got a company.

 
"Do you really have to go?"
 
He looked back and saw the old man behind him. He must have been very busy packing his things in his room that he didn't notice his grandfather coming in. Jonghyun stood for a while and smiled innocently at his grandfather.
 
"We just finished the business trip and we haven't really started the pleasure trip. I can call the university to excuse you for the mean time." His grandfather said.
 
"Aniyo Haraboji. I intended to stay but something came up and I just can't brush it off." Jonghyun said and returned back to packing.
 
"Arasso. I'm not going to argue anymore but make sure to come back after that." Haraboji surrendered afterwards. 
 
"I promise, Haraboji. I'll make sure to bring your son with me." He joked referring 'son' to his father.
 
"Aissh, not that bastard. I mean this."
 
Jonghyun looked back to find his grandfather sitting on the couch while his hand were placed above the Twilight books beside him. There was a smirk plastered on his face while looking at his grandson with a tease. 
 
Jonghyun smiled unconsciously. He was so sure that she'll like it. He can't wait to see her priceless expression when he handed her the Twilight books that was signed by her beloved vampire, Edward Cullen. His grandfather knew bunch of producers and he went all the troubles only to get Robert Pattinson's autograph. 
 
"She'll like it, Haraboji." Jonghyun said without taking his eyes off the books. 
 
 
 
17-year old Lee Jonghyun climbed the Namsan Tower along with other people he didn't know. Unlike him, the people around were couples- cuddling, flirting and even kissing each other to their contentment. He walked closer to the part where love locks were locked. He scoffed with disgust as he scanned the wall. It was so crowded that even the locks had locks in it.
 
Lee Jonghyun grew up in a happy family. He lived with his CEO father and a theater actress mother. His parents may be busy but they never failed to call or have a meal with him. But growing up, he realized that his family is not perfect. He witnessed their seemingly non-ending fights and  yells until the fact that they grew weary of each other and just fallen out of love sinked in to him. Jonghyun might have accepted it but still broke him when his parents told him that they filed for divorce and that day, the divorce was granted. It shattered his desire to live in peace with his parents. 
 
He hated seeing lovers and even the idea of it disgusts him - the feeling he harbored from his parents's separation. Getting to Namsan Tower was no joke. He got into the cable car and climbed his way to it's top. Everything's different while you're 237m above the ground. Even the wind felt different. He walked closer to the railings. What does it feels to fall from the top of Namsan Tower, in front of all these lovers promising their love for each other? 
 
That was his plan. Jump and die. He chuckled as the idea of his brain scattered on the ground in one of the most romantic places in Korea came to him. That way, he wouldn't have to deal with the heartaches and pains his parents's divorce brought him; and at the same time, lovers won't be promising and locking their love in this mighty tower anymore. He sighed as his steps coming closer to the railings. He was mumbling his prayers with his eyes shut.
 
"Don't you even think about it."
 
Jonghyun heard. He looked back only to see a girl in his age. She was standing behind him, her eyes were glaring. She was wearing a hoodie that covered her head and arms. There's a little part of him that was rejoicing - at least someone made an effort to stop him from jumping off the tower.
 
Few steps and the girl was beside him, much closer to the railings. 
 
"Do it somewhere else." She said and looked away. "I came here first." She lifted her foot to step on the railings when Jonghyun pulled her hoodie, revealing her long, straight hair. He was actually surprised to know that she has a fair and pretty face. He even thought that she's one of the prettiest he landed his eyes on. "Ya!"
 
"I came here first." Jonghyun said, looking straight in her eyes. "I was about to jump when you interrupted me."
 
"I was here since this morning!" She said in her high pitch voice. "I just waited for the right time."
 
"I need to do this."
 
"I need this more!" She shouted, gathering attention from the people around. "You don't know how it feels to be rejected! I.. I spent my entire life studying for that school. I spent my entire life begging for my father's approval to let me study in London. He finally said yes, but then I was rejected. Everything that I worked hard for went to waste." Just then, she started to cry.
 
"What's worst that seeing your parents go on their separate ways?" Jonghyun said cooly. "What's worst than waking up in the morning without  the usual laughters that used to filled your home? What's worst than eating on the table without them? And what's worst with the sadness that you have to deal every second of your life just because you're now all alone?" Even Jonghyun was surprised. He never thought that he would pour his heart out this fast to a stranger. He was sure that this girl thinks he's weird, but he was surprised to see that she stopped crying and was looking intently at him. He can't guess what's on her mind; yet he can't help but smile.
 
Slowly, the tower was filled with more people, making it a bit crowded. A group of children with masks covering their mouth was noticeable. 
 
"I admire those kids." An ahjumma whispered to her friend though it was too loud for Jonghyun and the girl to hear. "Even though they're sick, they are still filled with hope and happiness."
 
"You're right. People these days are always complaining, even on small matters without thinking that they have what these sick children might not have; health and time. Some people should be ashamed." The ahjumma earlier nodded. 
 
Jonghyun and the girl exchanged glances at each other, afterwards laughed. They can't believe that those two ahjummas made them feel guilty about their life and about jumping off the tower. 
 
"You know, you don't have to be or feel alone." She said all of a sudden. He looked at her way and noticed that she has a twinkling pair of eyes. "Don't shut your doors to anyone, especially your parents. Just keep in mind that some things are better off this way. Not living in one roof together doesn't really means that they love you less, but means that they're selfless because they doesn't want you to be hurt or see them fight."
 
Lee Jonghyun was surprised. He didn't think that the most positive advise he would received will come from a girl who was planning to end her life by jumping off the tower earlier. 
 
"And being rejected in your dream school is not the end of the world." He said, looking straight in her eyes. "It doesn't mean your stupid either, but better things are coming your way. Our Creator doesn't take anything without replacing it with something bigger. He sees opportunities in our pains." 
 
She saw her nod as a smile crept in her face. He noticed that aside from her twinkling eyes, she has a fair complexion and natural pink flush on her cheeks. 
 
"Is there something on my face?" She asked that startled Jonghyun. He realized that he's been staring at her for a long time.
 
"A-aniyo." He laughed nervously and looked away. "I'm Lee Jonghyun."
 
"Kang Sora." She flashed a smile that showed her pearly white teeth. Even her name sounded like music to his ears. "I felt ashamed seeing those kids fighting their diseases and not giving up." 
 
"Same here." Jonghyun followed her gazes that led to the children. "You know, if all the people would throw their worries in a pile, we would be ashamed that we will drag ours back."
 
"Right." Sora glanced at Jonghyun but was surprised that he's already staring at her. But as their teasing eyes met, they started to giggle.
 
"The cable car's here. I think we should go back." Jonghyun said. "I just realized I hate high places."
 
Sora nodded as she laughed giddily. She walked behind Jonghyun to the cable car. They waited in line as five to six people came out of the car. 
 
"I'll have to call my mom." Sora said as she d her hand inside her pocket. "Got you!" She said when she finally held her phone. Suddenly, a strong arm embraced her shoulder and dragged her away from the car. "Ya! Who are you? Get away from me!" She shouted gathering attention. People started to panicked as they ran off the place. 
 
"Everybody don't move!" The man with gun shouted. "One wrong move and I'm going to blow her head!"
 
Jonghyun looked back and his eyes widened as he saw this scary ahjussi strangling with his arm the newly- found friend he met while pointing a gun on her temple. He felt goose bumps all over him as policemen holding their guns ran into different directions. His thoughts were fighting as he didn't know if he should go back or just run. But since he felt that he and Sora were somewhat connected, he quickly went back with the intention of saving her. He was running towards them when he felt someone pulled him at his back collar.
 
"Where do you think you are going?!" An old policeman whispered angrily while looking straight at his eyes. Jonghyun realized that they were hiding behind a bush but they could clearly saw Sora and the ahjussi from there. "Get out of here boy!" He ordered.
 
"W-what's happening?" Jonghyun asked, his voice trembling.
 
"Isn't it obvious? The maniac's kidnapping the poor girl!" The angry policeman said. "Aiish, this bastard. I wanted to shot him right at his temple but he might shot her. Anyway, do you know her? Her family should at least know."
 
Jonghyun nodded. "Her name's Kang Sora. That's the only thing I know." 
 
The policeman radioed the information Jonghyun had given as he (Jonghyun) focused his attention at Sora. She's really scared, he thought. Who wouldn't be? He saw traces of tears ran through her pale cheeks while the kidnapper ahjussi's arm tightened around her neck. 
 
His heart was pounding hard but he bravely stood up and ran to save her. He could hear the policeman ahjussi beside him earlier telling him to come back and to stay put.
 
"Release her and take me instead!" 
 
The hostage taker ahjussi was alarmed. He didn't know what to do and became paranoid.
 
"Don't come any closer or I'll shoot her head! I know the police were setting me up because I'm not stupid!" 
 
"Let her go." Jonghyun cooly said as he stepped closer.
 
"Yah! What are you doing? Run and save yourself, you babo!" Sora, who seemed to have accepted her fate, shouted.
 
"Shut up!" The hostage taker ahjussi strangled her tighter. 
 
Jonghyun walked fearlessly as the ahjussi panicked. 
 
"I'm not kidding. I will shoot her and-"
 
BANG. 
 
BANG.
 
Two loud gun shots filled the romantic tower. The same police ahjussi beside Jonghyun shot the hostage taker's legs. The later panicked when he saw his bleeding legs and thought of running away. He quickly pushed his hostage on the railings. 
 
"You !" Jonghyun pushed the once mighty hostage taker out of his way. He saw Sora hanging on the 237ft tower with hands tightly holding the railings. He clearly saw the fear in her face. "Hang in there." He said as he slowly and carefully pulled the crying Sora. 
 
He had successfully pulled her out of the sure death. "You're safe now, Kang Sora." He flashed a smile but her legs were shaking. Jonghyun quickly placed his arms around her waist to prevent her from falling. As soon as Sora felt his arms around her, she started to sob in his warm chest. Jonghyun was startled but he felt pity towards her. "It's ok. You're great and brave earlier." He said as he patted her back.
 
"Thank you.. Thank you so much Lee Jonghyun." Sora managed to say in between her sobs. "Thank you for saving me. I-I thought I was going to die-"
 
"Ssh. Stop." Jonghyun hissed. "You're not going to die. No one's going to die." He wiped the tears on her cheeks.
 
"E-earlier I was so brave, decided to jump off the tower and kill myself. But when I get the taste of it, I thought of my family..."
 
Jonghyun pulled Sora closer and embraced her. She was surprised at first but she thankfully wrapped her arms around his waist.
 
"This is our second life now. It's our responsibility to live long and happy." He whispered as she nodded her head and agreed.
 
In a few minutes, a medic and the police ahjussi came to assist the two. They escorted them to the cable car until they reached the ground.
 
"Kang Sora!" Sora's dad instantly appeared in front of them as soon as the cable car's door opened.
 
"Appa!" Sora ran to him and started to sob again. "Mianheyo Appa! Mianhe!"
 
"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" Sora shook her head in reply. "Come, let's go to the hospital. Your omma's crying in the car." He pulled his daughter with him. When some reporters tried to get into them, their body guards rushed to block them.
 
"Wait, Sora.." Jonghyun said almost mumbling as he watched the two got away. 
 
"Lee Jonghyun!" He looked back and saw her omma and appa together. They're officially divorced now but they are here, together for him. He smiled at the thought and walked to them.
 
"That bastard will rot in jail. I will make sure of that." His appa said. "He's in the police custody now." He added as they walked to his car.
 
Jonghyun was delighted to see that they were going to ride in one car. He missed it since the last time they did it was already years ago. But before going in, he turned his gazed at the white sedan that just drove away.
 
 
2 years later.
 
Letran University Korea. Known to be the school for rich, chaebol kids. The administrator emailed the news that the applicants who passed the entrance exam will be posted today. 
 
And Lee Jonghyun was one of the applicants who received the said email. Originally, he wanted to study Conservatory of Music overseas but her mother won't agree. His father told him to take Business Management in LUK instead.
 
Jonghyun saw a flock of students buzzing in front of a bulletin board. It looks like there's a ruckus but the students miraculously moved aside when a tall, pale guy appeared. He knew him.
 
Kim Woobin. 
 
The guy's father is so rich and powerful including his whole ancestors. They can crush any opponents or business they want, anytime anywhere. The power got into this Kim Woobin's head that he think he can play with anyone he picks on. 
 
And he's also the son of his mother's fiancé. 
 
He hated the guy for both reasons.
 
"Hyungsik-ah, were mates again." He heard Kim Woobin said when he got closer. The two even did a high-five.
 
"Chincha?" Park Hyungsik replied.
 
"Yeah and Eunhyuk too. But where did that bastard go?"
 
"Love life." Hyungsik whispered.
 
"Aiish. What a waste." He replied and folded his arms in his chest. He turned to his right and saw Lee Jonghyun coming. "Oh, who do we have here. You got accepted too? Aissh. What's wrong with this university today." His voice and expression was annoying but Jonghyun didn't mind him. He went straight to the board to check.
 
He saw his name. He passed the exam. He even recognized some names from his high school school.
 
"He did." Hyungsik replied excitedly. "He's on the same class." He turned to Woobin but the later's face turned disgusted. "Congratulations for the passing, Lee Jonghyun."
 
"Tsss." Woobin hissed. He turned his back on the two and walked away.
 
"Yah Woobin-ah! Wait for me!" Hyungsik shouted. "See you around then." He winked at Jonghyun as he bowed at him. 
 
Unbelievable. He thought. 
 
His hand d on his pocket trying to reach his phone. He should tell his parents that he got accepted in the university.
 
"Omma? Neh. I got accepted!" 
 
That voice. It sent shiver down to his spines. That voice that he longed to hear. His heart was pounding as he listened to that voice, hoping that it was her.
 
"Let's go." 
 
He quickly turned around. His heart pounded four times faster. After 2 years of searching in social media, here she is. He was so relieved that he thought he's flying. Jonghyun thought so hard how to approach her until she and her friends started to moved away.
 
"I guessed your kept your word of living life happy without regrets." Jonghyun said trying to sound confident, although he was trembling.
 
Sora and her friends looked back. He saw those hazel nut eyes and cute pair of dimples as she smile at him. He longed to see those for long.
 
"You." She said with a sweet smile plastered on her face.
 
"Hey. How are you? Isn't it amazing. Two years and here we are." Jonghyun tried his best not to sound too excited to meet her again.
 
"Amazing." She nodded as she kept an eye on him. 
 
"I see you have moved on on being rejected." 
 
"Yes." She replied.
 
"We're going to be schoolmates." He's going nuts because she's not replying the way he thought she would be. "I-I'm going to be in Business Management Class."
 
"I'll be in Hotel and Restaurant Management." She replied confidently. "By the way, here's my friends, Oh Yeonseo and Lee Sena."
 
The three exchanges bows and smiles that made Jonghyun felt uneasy.
 
"Sora, we need to go or we'll miss the movie. Or maybe you just want to stay here." It's Oh Yeonseo, her eye brow raised.
 
"Yes. Eunhyuk's waiting." Lee Sena said and turned to Sena. "You mean girl! You shouldn't asked him to buy us tickets!" She said as she typed a message on her phone as fast as she could.
 
"We'll get going then." Sora said politely. "See you around."
 
"Okay." Sora and her friends turned their backs at the frozen Jonghyun. He cursed when he realized that he forgot to ask her number. "Pabo, Lee Jonghyun. Pa-bo." He cursed.
 
"Jonghyun-sshi, d-do you want to have a coffee... W-with me?" 
 
Jonghyun's heart jumped in joy when he saw her. He's too busy cursing at himself for being too slow that he didn't notice her come closer. She's right in front of him asking him if he wants to go with her. 
 
And what should he reply to his crush?
 
"Y-yeah." He replied. "But I thought you're going to watch a movie?"
 
He clearly saw her cheeks blushed which he thought was cute. 
 
"Ah, yeah. I just thought maybe we should at least have a chat first after what happened to us back then." 
 
 
At Starbucks. 
Inside the LUK's Campus.
 
"I didn't even say thanks to you. I just ran to my appa and when we went back, you're not there anymore." Sora said. She then sipped at her favorite Caffe Vanilla Frappuccino. 
 
"Yes. We left after you."
 
"By we, you mean..." She stared at Jonghyun meaningfully.
 
He gave a soft laugh and nodded. "Yes. By we I mean me and my parents. They said they came as soon as they heard the news. But they bombarded me with questions such as why was I even there."
 
"Me too!" Sora joined him in laughing. "But seriously, your parents love you. No doubts against that."
 
Jonghyun nodded. "At least they remained casual to each other after all that had happened to them. I am living with my mom but I get to spend the weekend with my dad."
 
"See. Everything turned up well for us."
 
"Right. Everything turned up well for us." Jonghyun said, copying what she just said with a meaningful look plastered on his face.
 
 
 
At LUK Campus.
Management Building.
Philosophy Class.
 
"Work on your individual presentation as reporting will start next meeting. Be prepared." Professor Jang fixed his eye glasses before heading out the class leaving his students, including Kang Sora, Lee Sena and Oh Yeonseo.
 
"Have you decided on your presentation topic, girls?" Lee Sena asked as she put her laptop inside her bag.
 
"Haven't decided yet." Sora answered. She stood from her chair and put her bag on her shoulder.
 
"Let's see." Oh Yeonseo butted in. "Why don't you write about Lee Jonghyun? Besides, you're not telling us the real score between you two, you might at least want to tell everyone." Her eyes narrowed while speaking. 
 
"Yah, we're just friends. Well, he's my special friend because he saved my life." Sora explained. "More like you and Sena are my best friends."
 
"May I remind you Miss Kang, that no one look at their friends the way you look at each other."
 
"And smiles at each other." Sena joined in. "His smiles and stares to you reminds me of Eunhyukkie when we're just starting. Besides, I like Jonghyunnie for Sora. He's nice and cute."
 
Jonghyun and Sora became close since the day she ditched her friends to have a coffee with him instead. They became each other's friends and followers in their personal social media accounts. They would help each other in their assignments and reports; and sometimes Jonghyun would drive Sora home whenever she doesn't bring her car. He would come with her in the book store and buy her favorite Twilight books.
 
"We're friends." Sora smiled. 
 
She knew she has feelings for him. And she also aware that he felt the same for her. He didn't confessed, she just knew it. He doesn't need to say it because she can clearly feel it. 
 
"Friends my ." Yeonseo rolled her eyes before twisting the door knob. She pouted at the sight in front of her.
 
"Good morning." Lee Jonghyun greeted the girls. "Coffee, anyone?" He handed the coffee tumblers he bought to the girls.
 
"W-what are you doing here?" Sora's eyes widened as Sena's mouth formed 'O.' A shy smile crept through his lips. "It's too early for someone whose first class starts at 4." She knew his schedules as he knows hers. 
 
"I woke up early and I wanted to eat breakfast... Then I thought of you." His eyes got bigger when he realized what he just said. "No! Not you, I mean, you! I mean-.."
 
"We get it." Sena said to stop him from stuttering. "Yeonseo and I need to go to the book store and for that, we can't join you for breakfast. You can take our sister but take care of her." 
 
"Ya! I'm hungry. I want breakfast too!" 
 
"No, you're not!" Sena glared at Yeonseo. "See you later, guys." She then pulled Yeonseo with her leaving Sora and Jonghyun alone. 
 
 
 
At The Pancake Shop.
Gangnam, Seoul.
 
"Why didn't you eat breakfast at home? See. Now you're starving to death." Sora started to tease Jonghyun when the later became impatient since their food was taking too long.
 
"I didn't want to eat alone." Jonghyun pouted like a kid.
 
"Ah, right. You only remember me when you don't have anyone to be with or anyone to talk to." She crossed her arms in front of her.
 
"You know that's not true." 
 
All of a sudden, he became serious. Even his tone was serious too. He was looking straight at her eyes making her insides melt.
 
"I know." She put down her arms and smiled sweetly at him. 
 
He, then, smiled at her. He extended his arms as his hands reached for hers. He squeezed it gently before clasping his into hers.
 
 
At Incheon International Airport.
Airport Lounge.
 
"Do I really have to go? Can't I stay with you?" Lee Jonghyun asked the woman sitting beside her for almost two hours. 
 
Two hours. They had been waiting for that long and yet he's been asking the very same question in the last 120 minutes. Kang Sora just glanced at him and shook her head. 
 
A month ago, Jonghyun told her that his father asked him to go with him in a business trip to LA. He said that Jonghyun's still undergrad but he should know because he will run the broadcasting station soon. 
 
Should I go or not? Jonghyun asked Sora that question. He told himself that when she says yes, he will go and will not go if she says no. Sora told him to go and there they were. In the airport waiting for his boarding time. 
 
At first, Jonghyun understood her. She only wanted him to have the best relationship he could have with his father but as the day passed by, he realized he's going to miss her so bad. When he get to LA, he'll be very busy attending meetings as she'll be busy in the university too. He tried to explain it to her but she stood by the answer she gave him. 
 
Lee Jonghyun wanted to cry when he heard that it's his boarding time. With a heavy heart, they walked to the gates.
 
"Yah Lee Jonghyun." 
 
He looked back. There's the woman he's going to miss. She stepped closer to him.
 
"Don't think that I said yes because I wanted to push you away. I only said yes because I wanted you to be with your father." She said. "I will miss you."
 
Those words were enough. Enough for his heart to burst and enough for him to pull her closer to him. She wrapped her arms in his waist instantly.
 
"Don't skip meals, arasso? And call me whenever you have time."
 
Jonghyun nodded. "You're here with me and I still miss you. Ironic, isn't it?"
 
"I know." Sora replied. "I feel the same." 
 
The attendant called again. Sora released him first because he doesn't have any intentions to let her go.
 
"Take care." She said as she watched him walk to the gate. When he's no longer in sight, she walked away.
 
"Yah Kang Sora!" 
 
Sora turned her back only to find Lee Jonghyun in the gate's entrance.
 
"Yah! What are you doing? Go back! Palli!"
 
"Yah, don't go to Namsan Tower without me." He said with his mighty voice. "And don't think of jumping off the tower." 
 
"Yah, you're dead when you come back." Sora mumbled. Jonghyun's voice was too loud that everyone nearby heard what he just told her.
 
"Kang Sora." He looked straight in her eyes. "Wait for me."
 
Sora nodded softly as he smiled at her as a reply.
 
 
 
"Who's this?"
 
"Anyeong brother."
 
That voice. He knows that voice very well. The most annoying voice he ever heard. 
 
"How did you know my number and why are you even calling me?!"
 
"Ouch! You just hurt my feelings, brother."
 
"Stop calling me brother. We're not even related."
 
"Ouch! We're not brothers? You hurt me again. I even sent you an invitation. Have you seen it?"
 
"Why would you send me an invitation? I don't care about you."
 
"You might wanna care. And who knows, you might even wanna come."
 
"Cut the crap."
 
"See you soon, brother."
 
He doesn't have an idea what that retard was talking about. 
 
Until he saw that envelope. It says that it came from Seoul, South Korea.
 
Kim Woobin.
 
Kang Sora.
 
Unite.
 
Marriage.
 
He doesn't need to go further details. Those words were enough for him to pack his bags and return to Korea.
 
_________________________________
 
Hi everyone! :) 
 
Thank you for subscribing and thank you for reading. If you have time, please do leave me a comment on what you think about the chap. Really? You will? Gee, thanks! HAHAHA. 
 
Anyways highways, do you watch Misaeng? I am starting to like Jang Baek Ki and Ahn Young Yi. . Bottomline is Kang Sora's so shippable. She looks good with anyone. :)
 
Thanks to my new subscribers! :) Kangsorafan, Zawmhan, Jeanie4, Anonymous wolf, Animeheart17, Dreammerc, Ukts74, Guguha, Aakansha, Biancast and Tinaxx. Thank you! :)