Their Relationship Rule

Marrying the Bully

"I've been wanting to ask you this. I'm sorry to ask, but are you going to marry him because he's a big help to Kyuden Hotel?"

 
I remained quiet. Why? Because I don't know what to answer! My knees were trembling as well as my hands.
 
"Because if you do, you better stop young lady. We don't do political marriages. I can find a way to solve all the problems."
 
But how? I wanted to ask him. Marrying the bully was the fastest and surest way to our problem. Even Atty. Choi said that if we didn't pay the bills and damages in China, appa might end up in jail. Of course, I don't want that to happen. 
 
"Ani, appa." I told him. "Kim Woobin and I are dating for quite long now. I know him and he's a good and responsible man." 
 
I lied. Kim Woobin is a jerk who knows nothing but to smirk and make fun of whoever he likes. And his latest victim? Me.
 
"Are you sure? Because I know his father and he's quite a womanizer."
 
"His father being a womanizer doesn't mean that the son is also a womanizer." I hugged my appa's arm. "Trust me appa, trust me and him."
 
How can I tell my father to trust him? Even I don't trust him.
 
The next day, Omma was discharged. We didn't pay anything because Kim Woobin paid for it. 
 
Everything's back to normal, well not really the "normal-normal" but at least Appa's here with us and thanks to Kim Woobin's money, the guys in suit didn't came back. And appa started to work in Kyuden Hotel Korea again.
 
"Omma, I'll be going now." I have classes this afternoon. 
 
"Here. Can you take this to your appa? He has a meeting in Kyuden." Omma handed me a medium sized paper bag. Though still weak, her health status as well as her skin got better.
 
"Ne omma." I said. "See you later."
 
I headed to KH. Few employees greeted me on my way to appa's office. I was taken a back when I saw three policemen inside appa's office. I felt the tension. 
 
"S-Sora! What are you doing here?" It was Atty. Choi.
 
"Atty. Choi! What's happening? What are those policemen doing in appa's office?" I asked hysterically.
 
"They received a document that President Kang wasn't paying his taxes as well as the hotel's." 
 
"T-that's absurd!" I shouted and rushed inside the office. "Release my appa now!"
 
"Atty. Choi, get Sora out of here!" Appa shouted. 
 
"But appa! We didn't do anything wrong!" I told him.
 
"I know. Don't worry about me." He assured me. "Go back in the house and don't let your omma find out."
 
"But appa!" I cried but the police were quick. They escorted appa out of his office. "Atty. Choi, the employees will see appa in this situation."
 
"Don't worry, Sora. The President has a helicopter ready in the rooftop." She explained. "I need to follow the President to the precinct. You must go home and don't let Mrs. Kang know this."
 
"Ani, Atty. Choi. I-I'll go with you."
 
"Sora, no. The President doesn't want you to be involved." 
 
"I am his daughter and there's no way I won't be involved!" I rushed out of the hotel and drove Edward to the police station as fast as I could.
 
Good news was there's no reporters yet. Few minutes later, Atty. Choi came.
 
"You're so stubborn." She whispered. "But I like it." We giggled afterwards.
 
 
 
"It was revealed in this document that Kyuden Hotel wasn't paying it's taxes right for the past 5 years." The prosecutor said. 
 
"Who gave you that darn document? Are you sure he's reliable?" I asked him. I could feel my blood boiling.
 
"Well for you Miss, the Bureau investigated it and they proved it to be true."
 
"We have the evidence that the Hotel and President Kang are clean. We will present it to the court." Atty. Choi bravely said. 
 
"And all of you who dragged us into this stupid drama will be fired!" I glared at them.
 
"Ok then. Let's meet at the court. But for now, Mr. Kang will be detained." The prosecutor said.
 
"What?! You can't do that!" I protested.
 
"You have to bail him if you want him out of here." He said as if he's mocking me. Aish! I really wanted to punch this boastful ahjussi.
 
"Of course, I will!" I shouted in his face. "And FYI, you're so darn ugly!" 
 
I rushed out of his office while pulling Atty. Choi's hand. I felt guilty when I saw her gasping.
 
"Atty. Choi, how much is appa's bail?" I asked.
 
"Usually, the bail for tax evasion case is 5 Million dollars." She said. "But for now, they were asking for 20,000 dollars." [OMG. Please forgive me. I just made this amount up. ;p]
 
"20,000 dollars? What?" I ran a hand in my hair. 
 
I don't know where to get the money for appa's bail. I can't tell my omma because she might faint again from the sudden news; My parents's relatives doesn't care; and we can't get money from KH in Korea. Plus all our accounts were freeze. 
 
I bit my index finger. What to do? I can't let my appa spend the night or nights in that smelly prison with that ugly and bad investigators and policemen. 
 
I have no other choice.
 
"Atty. Choi, can you help me sell my car right now? I have all the papers in me." My heart was breaking.
 
"Y-your car? Waeyo? I know how much you love that car." She was hesitant.
 
"I know but appa's situation is what matters right now." I told her. "I need to get him out behind those bars!"
 
"I understand." She was firm. "My nephew is looking for a car."
 
 
 
Atty. Choi and I came back to the police station after 5 hours. But this time, without Edward. I sold my Edward to Atty. Choi's nephew. My heart feels heavy but I tried to look at the brighter side. 
 
"Sora!" My appa ran to me after getting out of the prison.
 
"Appa! Are you ok?" I hugged him back.
 
He nodded as I smiled at him.
 
"Let's go. I know you're hungry." I told him. I glared at the prosecutor and police there before heading out.
 
 
 
We rode our white sedan while Mr. Park, our driver, took us to a sea food restaurant. We ordered buttered fish, shrimp and crabs. 
 
"Sora.."
 
I put down my spoon and looked at my appa. He reached for my hand. 
 
"Thank you."
 
I shook my head. "You gave me and Sohyun everything we need and everything we want. This time, appa, I wanted you to know and feel that I will do the same for you and omma."
 
Appa walked towards me and hugged me. I felt my eyes watered as I hugged him tighter. I know I am not a perfect daughter but I wanted my parents to know how much I love them.
 
"But where did you get the money?"
 
"A-appa.. It's... Atty. Choi! She-she helped me." 
 
"Really? How?" Appa was serious. "Did you get a loan?"
 
"Ani appa." I took a deep breath. "I... I sold my car."
 
"WHAT?! Why did you do that?"
 
"I have no other option, you need it more than me. We can survive without it but we can't without you." I told him. "I promised I will work hard and I will buy it back."
 
I heard him sighed.
 
"Appa, don't worry. Everything will be back to normal and Omma won't even noticed that my car is gone."
 
End of POV. :-)
 
 
It's Friday night and also Lee Eunhyuk's band performance at Club Ysobel. His girlfriend Lee Sena came with her best friends Oh Yeonseo and Kang Sora.
 
"It's a breath of fresh air to see you here." Yeonseo said referring to Sora. Sora was avoiding the place since the night Sunny and Hyoyeon drugged her. 
 
"Yeonseo's right." Lee Sena agreed. "Do you have a problem?"
 
Sora shook her head. "Aniyo. It's just  that I wanted to take a break from stress and problems and decided to have some fun tonight."
 
"Finally, you have a life now. Congratulations!" Yeonseo said, as if she's a party girl.
 
Sora felt her phone vibrate. She doesn't want to be bothered and decided to ignore it. 
 
"Sora, I think someone's calling. It might be an important call." Sena said that made Sora picked her phone beside her in her seat. 
 
She frowned when she saw the name she registered with the number. BULLY. The bully's calling her... Again.
 
 Ever since he got her number, which she doesn't know where, he calls her every night. But most of the time, he calls her at 2am,when she's already sleeping peacefully, just to ask if she's already sleeping or if he wake her up.
 
"What is it?" Sora asked coldly.
 
"Ya, where are you? Come to Hyve right now!" Kim Woobin said.
 
"I can't. I'm sick." She lied and even forced a cough. 
 
"Ya! Stop faking it! You're so obvious." The man on the other line said. "Hurry up and come here."
 
"Why do I need to go there?!" Sora's voice was loud.
 
"We're having a reunion in Hyve right now. All of my friends from high school were so proud in showing off their girl friends who looked like squids!" He laughed. "Come here and let me show them who's the boss!"
 
"Ya! FYI you, yourself looked like a squid!" She laughed at her own joke.
 
"Ya Kang Sora!" 
 
"Arasso! Wait for me there, squidy!" Sora hung the phone and placed it on her bag.
 
 
 
"You're leaving?" Lee Sena asked.
 
"Hmm." Sora said as she grabbed some bills on her wallet to pay her drinks. "Mian. Something came up. Please tell Eunhyuk for me."
 
"You don't have to pay. This is the club's treat for the band's beautiful friends." Yeonseo put back the money in Sora's bag. "But who called?"
 
"Kim Woobin." Sora said bluntly.
 
"Kim Woobin? Are you close?" Sena curiously asked.
 
"A-anya!" Sora waved her hand in front of her as a sign of disagreement. 
 
"But you're in a relationship where you call each other on the phone and then run to each other?" Yeonseo's eyes widened. "Wait, after that night... Are you two some kind of friends with benefits?"
 
"Ya Yeonseo! That's too much!" Sora smacked her head lightly. "I'll explained it to you later. But for now, I have to go."
 
 
 
Hyve is an exclusive club in Seoul where most of the chaebol kids were seen hanging out and partying. The place was high class and even the music sounds different. 
 
As Sora came out of the cab, she saw a crowd of young men and women waiting outside the club, wanting to go in. She walked confidently to the entrance. She could hear whispers and felt the stares from the crowd. 
 
"My friends were inside for a high school reunion." She told the large and muscular built bouncers. They looked at each other as if communicating before opening the door in front of Sora. 
 
 
 
"She's here." Kim Woobin told himself upon seeing Sora enter the club. He and his batch mates were in a private room located on Hyve's second floor. The room has a clear glass wall with tint, meaning they can see who's outside but the person outside won't see them.
 
He smirked when he heard the knocks from the door. 
 
"Another guest had arrived." The waiter peeked his head and told everyone in the room. 
 
He was pleased to see his friends's reactions when Sora stepped in. Everyone's jaw dropped literally while their girlfriends were annoyed. 
 
"Show time." He told himself before standing up in the bar counter. But he himself was struck too when she saw her.
 
She was wearing a black, sleeveless mini dress that showed her milky white legs. She paired it with a black stilettos which made her legs look longer. Her hair was flowing up to her shoulders with her light make up. Her red lips were curved upward, which made him think that she's effortlessly seductive.
 
"I don't remember having a gorgeous friend like you in high school." Lee Jongsuk winked at her. He was known to be the group's resident play boy back in high school. 
 
"That's because she's not." Kim Woobin quickly wrapped his arm around Sora's tiny waist. She felt electrified the moment his arms landed on her waist. "This Kang Sora, my girlfriend."
 
Woobin and Sora could hear their "oohs" and "aahhs" when he introduced her as his girlfriend. 
 
"Kim Woobin's girlfriend, can I interest you by getting a drink?"
 
Woobin's blood rushed to his head when Lee Jongsuk started to flirt with Sora.
 
She confidently smiled. "Sure thing."
 
"This way, my lady." He escorted Sora to the bar leaving Woobin. 
 
"What can I get you?" He heard Jongsuk asked.
 
"Scotch, please." She said as she sat on the bar's stool. All of their single male friends started to sit and circled around Sora.
 
Woobin knew it was his plan but he couldn't help but felt pissed seeing how Sora was enjoying Lee Jongsuk's company. 
 
"Sir and Miss, the table is ready." The waiter announced. 
 
He walked to the bar to pick his girlfriend up.
 
"Sora, let's go." He said. He caught the attention of all the guys in the bar counter. He was so mad at Sora for leaving him earlier but his heart soften when he saw her smiling sweetly at him. She walked gracefully towards him and wrapped her arm around his. Woobin felt his cheeks burned.
 
"I am doing my job well, right?" Sora playfully whispered at Woobin.
 
"Ya, why are you dressed like that?" Woobin asked. "It's like Korea's running out of fabric."
 
"Ya, I made an impression to your friends with this. Besides, it's pretty." 
 
He shook his head in defeat. There's no way she would listen to him because she's too hard headed. They went to the dining table where they could see each other's faces clearly. Sora and Woobin sat next to each other.
 
"Woobin my man, where did you find a woman as lovely as she?" The resident playboy asked. He was obviously smitten by Sora's beauty and charms.
 
"We're in the same school, with the same circle of friends." Woobin replied.
 
Everyone in the table was surprised to found out that Sora was not an ordinary girl but instead a daughter from a chaebol family. All the males were pleased but their girlfriends's eye brows raised. It was an obvious sign that they were jealous.
 
"Daebak." Henry Lau, Woobin's friend gasped. "I never thought that someone like you will have a perfect girlfriend like her."
 
Woobin's friends froze for a while after hearing Henry. They exchanged looks while Jongsuk glared at Henry.
 
"Waeyo? How is Woobin back in high school? Is he mean?" Sora asked. She knew "mean" is not enough to describe Woobin's doing. "Evil" is the right word.
 
"Well, it's not important anymore. You might end up dumping him if you found out." Henry said while scratching his nape.
 
"That would be good for me." Jongsuk said and winked at her. 
 
"I used to order Henry a lot and beat him if he doesn't listen." Woobin said casually without blinking an eye. 
 
"O-oh." She suddenly felt bad for Henry though she knows that he did a lot worst than ordering someone around. 
 
"Woobin used to play tricks on Jongsuk. One time he broke his car's side mirrors because he said it's fun." Henry added.
 
One by one, Woobin's friends started to speak up about how he treated them in the past.
 
"Do you remember Park Gain? She was the hottest girl in our class. W-we broke up because Woobin here pranked me and told her that I'm gay." Then he laughed awkwardly.
 
"One time, Woobin painted my whole body with black paint. It took me days before I got rid of it."
 
"But do you remember when Woobin pushed our prof in the pool? He said the prof was too loud!" Everyone laughed except for Sora and Woobin.
 
Sora thought she heard the worst but she wasn't.
 
"I won't forget what he did to Maeri." Jongsuk said while grinning. "He punched her in the face because she kept on following him."
 
 
 
After hours of drinking and reminiscing, the group bid goodbye to each other. Woobin and Sora were standing in the main door, waiting for his car. The designated driver arrived with his car and stopped in front of them.
 
"I'll take you home." He grabbed her hand and forced her to sit in the passenger seat while he ran to the driver's seat.
 
On the way, Woobin kept stealing glances at her. She was quiet with eyes focused ouside.
 
"Ya. Are you ok?"
 
Sora faced her. "Neh."
 
"Are you sure?" He asked again since she doesn't really seem well to him.
 
She nodded. "Drop me to Club Ysobel."
 
"W-what? It's late. I'll take you home."
 
"I don't want to go home yet!" Sora said and pouted. "Take me there. My friends are waiting."
 
Woobin shook his head slowly and flashed a grinned. Sora caught him and got annoyed. 
 
"What is it this time?" She asked.
 
"I knew you were already drunk when you came in Hyve." He said without taking his eyes off the road.
 
"I-I only had a beer there!"
 
"You're hopeless! You're alcoholic!"
 
Sora's face reddened because of anger.
 
"Ya! You're the worst! How could you punch a woman's face!" She shouted.
 
"How could you flirt with Jongsuk, you drunkard!" He shouted back.
 
"Ya! I came there to help you! Is this your way of thanking me? You, bully!" 
 
"You should have flirted with me instead of him!" His face turned red in an instant. He scolded himself for blurting non sense. 
 
"What? I told you to take me to Club Ysobel!" Sora asked him when he suddenly pulled the car over.
 
"If you badly want to go there, then take your precious Edward!"
 
"I-I can't." She pouted.
 
"Wae? You ordered me to take you there but you don't want to take your own car?!" Woobin said sarcastically. "Why? Is it because your Porsche is very delicate?"
 
"I can't take my car to Club Ysobel because I sold it! I don't have a car anymore!" She said. "And that's the reason why I wanted to hang out there! That car was a gift from my parents! I don't want to sell it but what will I do? My father needed it!" She said as she bursted out in tears.
 
"Pabo. You should have called me. I should have run and help you!" He scolded her and watched her cry. He grabbed the towel beside him and handed it to her. "Don't cry and please from now on, be happy. Think happy thoughts. Sadness makes you more alcoholic... And ugly." 
 
"Ya!" She stopped crying but her nose was red already. "You're not very handsome either." 
 
Woobin started to laugh.
 
"What now?!"
 
He circled his fingers on his face, instructing Sora to check hers. She quickly grabbed her phone and checked through it's camera. 
 
"YAAHHH!" She shouted as she saw her reflection. She had a thick dust on her cheeks and forehead. "What did you do to me?!"
 
"Ya, don't blame the innocent person here. You're the one who wiped my car's rag in your face." He said.
 
"That's because you handed me that rag!" She threw the rag on him but he dodge it. Then he pulled Sora's bag and scanned her things inside. "Ya! ert! Give me my bag!"
 
"This!" His face brighten when he saw a piece of paper and a ballpen. He quickly wrote what's on his mind before showing it to her. "KW and KS's relationship rule." 
 
"KW and KS's relationship rule? Aside from hate relationship, what else do we have?" She rolled her eyes.
 
"We're in a serious relationship where we both love the outcome. But atleast, there's a word love." He said sarcastically. "Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be in a relationship with a psycho." He raises his eye brows.
 
"Ya! If there's a psycho here, it's you!" 
 
"First rule." He ignored Sora and continued on his writing. "She will answer his call and vice versa."
 
"Why are you writing she and he instead of our names?" 
 
"Nothing. I just feel like it." He smirked. "Second, she will go and meet him anytime, anywhere. Vice versa." 
 
"What?!" Sora protested. "I can't be your chaperone!" 
 
"Wae? I can do it. I will come running with just a call." He said and winked. "Third, dating and falling in love with other person is not allowed." Woobin stressed as he stared at Sora. 
 
"As if I'm gonna fall in love with you." She hissed.
 
"Fourth, eat a meal together once a day."
 
She stared at him with confusion. "Waeyo?"
 
"Because I wanted to show them that were a happy couple. I don't want others to think that I am too good for you and you can't make me happy."
 
Sora rolled her eyes. "You're a weirdo."
 
"Fifth is, she will compliment her every day, whatever he did." He said. "Sixth is, he will fetch her, take her to university and take her back at home. Lastly, she is not allowed to drink any kind of alcohol without him with her." He grinned and looked at her. "Done!"
 
"We don't have to do this." She crossed her arms. 
 
"Whoever break this will have to strip dance." He flashed a mischievous smile. "Maybe I will consider breaking one of the rules so that I can strip in front of you."
 
Sora's eyes widened. "What were you thinking? ert!" 
 
"Wae? Come on, break a rule now." 
 
"In your face!" She pouted and turned her back from Woobin.
 
Woobin laughed inside. He finds her, her pouting and actions cute. She looked like a 5-year old kid who lost her doll. His smile fade when he heard a loud snore.
 
"Ya! Get off now!" He shook her but she didn't move an inch. He sighed before going out of the car and walked to her side. "Aigoo, one beer my ! She's too drunk to notice that were in front of her house."
 
He stared at her face for long until he felt a tingling sensation in his chest.
 
Woobin quickly turned around and leaned his back on his car. He crossed his arm in front of him and watched the stars in the sky as the cold wind hugged his body.
 
"Aniyo, Kim Woobin. Don't..." He thought.
 
 
_________________________________
 
Hello! Thanks for reading! ;) 
 
Super thanks to aakansha, biancast, tinaxx, karin101able, ignacia17, carliemaren, christinashuden, luidgi and rissreza for subscribing! Thanks thanks! :)