This Girl.

Marrying the Bully

Days had passed since Kim Woobin’s birthday but Kang Sora’s still puzzled. She was busy with all the paper works with the hotel yet she can’t keep him out of his mind. 

Why is he acting that way?

What does that mean?

He’s nice, caring, and sweet but the other minute he’s back to his annoying, irritable, and arrogant self again. 

 

And she’s confused. 

 

“Should you ask?” Sora asked her reflection that morning. She was sitting in her dresser, still in her pajamas. It’s the weekend and she planned to stay at home.

“Aniyo.” She shook her head. “What if he doesn’t feel the same? You’ll be humiliated all your life. ” Her eyes widened. “What?! He doesn’t feel the same what? Ya, Kang Sora! You better get things straight!” 

 

“Ya, what are you doing? Who are you talking to?” Woobin’s head suddenly popped in her door, making Sora jumped in surprised. 

 

“K-Kim Woobin! Learn how to knock, will you?!” She shouted as she quickly caressed her chest.

 

“D-did I startled you? Sorry.” He said with his puppy eyes. “I was worried because I heard you were talking and-...”

 

“It’s ok.” She said to stop. “What is it?”

 

“Ah.” He said with a wide smile. “I just came and I bought us some waffles. I know you like it. Let’s eat together?”

 

She suddenly felt the butterflies in her tummy. They always eat together but why does she felt happy with just him asking her to eat together? Something must be wrong with her. 

 

She nodded. “Arasso.”

 

“Great! I’ll just head to the shower quick.” He said and ran to his room.

 

Sora head down to prepare the food. She chose the best looking utensils from plates, spoon and fork, and glasses (though they all look and are the same). She also washed and prepared some fruits she knew he likes. She carefully put all the fruits and was pleased to see how pretty everything looked. 

 

She was about to call Woobin when the door swung open. A woman, in their age, was standing before it. She looked at Sora from head to toe as if examining her.

 

“So you’re Woobin-ah’s wife?”

 

What? Woobin-ah?

 

Sora felt all her blood went up to her head. 

 

“Excuse me, who are you and how did you get in?” She asked the annoying woman.

 

“Ya, what are you doing here?” Woobin shouted as he was running down the stairs. “Get out! Get out!” He shouted while pushing the woman out. 

 

Sora gazed at them intently and saw how Woobin pushed the woman into his car and the two drove away. 

 

“What the-..” She mumbled at herself. She can’t believed what happened. 

 

 

 

As per Sora’s request, Head Security Park came in their house. Sora was in the dining staring at the foods she prepared beautifully. Everything went to waste.

 

“Miss, did you call for me?” The Head Security asked.

 

“Yeah.” She stood up from her seat and folded her arms in front of her. “Who was that woman? She just barged in like that and the idiot, I mean Woobin, dragged her with him?”

 

“I’m in no position to explain that to you, Miss. I’m sorry.” 

 

“What?” Sora’s eye brows arched. “Why can’t you tell me? Do you know her?” 

 

Still, he remained quiet making Sora frustrated.

 

“Head Security, it is your job to keep us, including me, safe. Then you should tell me who she is if I feel threatened by her, right?”

 

“You’re right, Miss. It is my job to keep you safe that’s why I am here- to protect you.” 

 

Sora rolled her eyes in frustration. There’s no way he will tell her what she needs to hear.

 

“Arasso. Just answer this question for me, do they know each other that well? I mean, for me not to be worried.” It was all she can think of for an excuse. 

 

“Yes, Miss.”

 

She felt her world crushed. They knew each other well.

 

“I think you should continue with your activity, Miss.” the Head Security suggested. “You can start by eating breakfast. I think Mister Kim will thank you for that.”

 

“I believe it’s up to me, Head Security Park.” Sora said which she later regretted. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. Please understand, I’m really in shock right now.”

 

“It’s alright, Miss.” 

 

“Thanks for understanding. I’ll be heading to my room.” She said. “Take these with you so others can eat too.” She said referring to the food before she climbed to her room.

 

 

 

Sora watched herself in the mirror. She haven’t washed her face yet nor brushed her hair. She stood up and stared at her wrinkled pink pyjamas and white shirt that she’s wearing for more than 12 hours now. With great dismayed, she slumped herself in the chair and kicked her feet in the air.

 

The woman Woobin ran with was beautiful, elegant and was well dressed. Her aura screams perfection and sophistication. She has this milky white skin, long black hair, and deep brown eyes. 

 

Sora’s realization make her kicked the air more. 

 

“What did she say? If I am Woobin-ah’s wife?” She started to talk to herself again. “Wae? Who are you, you midget!”

 

“Wait, what if Kim Woobin was already married and I’m his... mistress?” She started to become paranoid. “Aniya, were together in the university and there’s no such rumour like that. But who is she?”

 

She picked her phone, hoping he texted or called but there’s nothing. With a pained heart, she threw her phone somewhere. Luckily, it landed on her bed.

 

Woobin totally ignored and forgot about her when he saw that woman. 

 

Is that woman his first love? 

 

Sora suddenly felt like something heavy landed on her chest and it was hard to breathe.

 

“If he’s still into his first love, then what does his  care, support, and smiles mean? What does his warm embrace mean? And those kisses we shared before, is that a past time for him? Am I just his past time that he spend his time with when he’s bored?” Unaware, a tear escaped from her eyes until more tears escaped from her eyes.

 

He’s not at fault. It was hers and she knew it. From the start, he told her not to fall in love with him but she still did. It hurts her so bad but she guessed it’s the price she had to pay.

 

 

“As if the heart can be taught who to love and not to!” The drunk Kang Sora was seen screaming those words in Club Ysobel with Yeonseo and Sena. 

 

The two was surprised when out of nowhere, Sora called and asked them to meet in the mall. They did all the girls stuffs and watched movie but they did noticed that Sora’s a bit different.

 

“What’s with Sora?” Confused Eunhyuk said when he joined the group after their gig. He put his arm around Lee Sena’s shoulder.

 

“We watched this movie and apparently, Sora was so affected.” Sena explained before clasping her fingers with his boyfriend’s. 

 

“Really? Is that movie that good? I haven’t seen her like this.” It’s Eunhyuk. “But where’s Woobin? I haven’t seen him here.”

 

“She’s alone when we met her at the mall.” Yeonseo put down her phone and sipped a little from her glass.

 

“That’s... weird. He never let her leave alone.”

 

“Right. Yeonseo and I thought it’s odd that she called us and asked us to hang out. She usually stays at home during weekends.”

 

“And whenever we asked her where’s Woobin or commented that at least he let her go out alone, Sora would changed the subject quickly.” Yeonseo whispered. “I think she ran away.”

 

“Maybe they had a misunderstanding.” 

 

“Or maybe they fought.” Eunhyuk said. “I better call him here.” His hand moved to his pocket and when he’s about to call him, Sora glared at him.

 

“Don’t you dare call him! That idiot!” 

 

“S-Sora, wae? Did something happened? You can’t leave us puzzled. We’re your friends.” Eunhyuk said followed by a shy smile.

 

“Ani. Nothing happened.” Sora said and placed her hand under her chin. “I just wanted to have fun especially now that he’s not around.”

 

“Why? Did he go somewhere?” Yeonseo asked.

 

“I don’t know!” She exclaimed while her eyes widened. “That stupid idiot ran away with a woman in front of me!”

 

“What?!” Eunhyuk, Sena and Yeonseo asked altogether in disbelief. 

 

“He did?” Sena asked. “I thought you two were...” She said but didn’t continue.

 

“Do you know that woman?” Eunhyuk asked. “I know Woobin and he didn’t let anyone come near him, except you.”

 

“Well, guess what. He did. He did now.” Sora said in anger. “I saw it with my eyes! He dragged her with him and they rode his car. After that, he didn’t even text or call me to explain what happened and who is she! Aissh!” 

 

“What does she look like?”

 

“She’s pretty, indeed.” Sora said. “She’s not tall nor short, she has this long, black hair and bangs. Honestly, she looked like a snob.”

 

“Long hair? Bangs? Snob?” Eunhyuk said. “I think I know someone like her.”

 

“Sora, maybe he’s texting or calling you right now. You just don’t know because you left your phone.” Sena said.

 

“It was really my intention to leave my phone at home. I don’t want to see him and talk with him.” 

 

“Ya, you’re over acting.” Yeonseo elbowed her. “It’s not like you two are really, you know, married-married. You didn’t forget, right?” Yeonseo whispered at her ear.

 

Yeonseo’s right and Sora was well aware of it. But why does it hurts so bad? 

 

“Of course.” She said and smiled weakly, hiding her pain. 

 

“Ya, you know I love you, right?” Yeonseo reached for her hand and squeezed it. “I just don’t want you to get hurt.” She assured her. “You should know where’s your place, or if there’s really a place for you in his heart. You and him had an agreement, and don’t forget how he hate Lee Jonghyun. Use this.” She pointed to her head then to her chest. “Before this.”

 

“Thanks, Yeonso. I love you, too.” Sora reached for her as Yeonseo hugged her tight. 

 

“Hyukkie! Hyukkie!” Park Hyungsik came running. “Kim Jiwon is here!” 

 

 

Kim Woobin was so excited to go down after his quick shower because he knew that Sora’s waiting for him. He was close to twisting the door knob when he heard this familiar voice.

 

“So, you’re Woobin-ah’s wife?” 

 

“What the-“ His heart thumped fast. And if he’s right, he can’t let her meet Sora. He quickly opened the door and he saw her - his cousin Kim Jiwon.

 

“Ya, what are you doing here?!” He ran as fast as he could until he reached her. He grabbed her in the arms and pulled her with him. “Get out! Get out!” He dragged her with him until they reached his car.

 

Kim Woobin drove Kim Jiwon to their family house. Luckily, his father and stepmother was out for a business trip while Lee Jonghyun decided to stay with his father. 

 

“It’s been a while since I came here.” Jolly Kim Jiwon said as she ran her hand at the framed pictures displayed at the Kim family’s house; but she glared when their eyes met. “Ya.” She grabbed him by the collar. “Why did you bring me here?”

 

Kim Woobin pulled her hands in his collar. “Why are you here? Don’t make things complicated here and just go back. Nobody wants you here.”

 

“See this.” She said as she showed him her phone. Park Hyungsik’s messaging her since she came.

 

Woobin hissed. 

 

“He’s quick. It wasn’t that long since my plane landed.”