He is Back.

Marrying the Bully

"Yah, are you sure you feel better now?" Woobin asked as he watched how the doctor pulled her IV.

"What do you mean I feel better?" Sora asked back. "I wasn't feeling bad in the first place. It's just you who panicked." 

Woobin's face turned red. He noticed how the female doctor and nurses around her smiled timidly. He cleared his throat first and stood up. "I'm going to settle the bill."

"Your husband's cute." The doctor whispered.

"E-eh?" Her brows creased. 

"I mean, he was running when he came in, you in his arms. He's super worried but he didn't want a male doctor to check on you." The doctor was still smiling as the nurses around her softly giggled. 

"You're one lucky woman to have someone like him." The nurse added. 

 

Sora was alone in the room when Woobin came back.

"Yah, did you badmouthed about me when I went out?" He asked as soon as the door closed. "The nurses outside were looking at me like... I don't know! As if I'm some kind of a goofball!" 

"You're a goofball!" She replied. "Are we going now?"

He nodded. 

"Did you bring me some clothes? I mean, I can't wear this outside." She checked herself again. She was wearing a big white shirt over a checked pink pajamas. She only had her pink socks. "I don't even have slippers."

"Aisssh! That's because I carried you to here!" He said, sounding annoyed. "I didn't bring any clothes because that wasn't important that moment! You should have thank me instead of whining!"

"Yah, Kim Woobin-sshi. I don't have slippers, I don't have a decent clothes, and I don't even have my lipstick on." She explained. "How on earth am I supposed to go out? I'm not comfortable walking around with other people looking like this! I'm the face of Kyuden Hotel!" 

"You're still the most beautiful even if you're wearing a rag." He mumbled. 

"What?" She asked. "Ey, what am I gonna do now?"

Woobin rolled his eyes. He removed his jacket and forcefully put it on her. 

 

"Yah, are what do you think you're doing?!" She protested but he didn't listen. He even put the hoodie on her and swiftly carried her in his arms. "Put me down, stupid! Put me down!"

 

"Problems solved." He said before walking out of the hospital room. 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, world!" Sora mumbled as soon as she opened her eyes. It was Monday and yet she felt very excited. She was humming as she fold her blankets and fixed her bed. She was all smiles as she brushed her hair in her dresser. Until she realized something odd.

 

"Eyy, why am I brushing my hair?" She said as she threw her hairbrush aside. "And what on earth am I excited about?" She stared at her reflection in the mirror and noticed the red blush creeping on her cheeks. She placed her hands on both cheeks and headed down for breakfast. 

 

And there he was - the reason for her excitement. 

 

"W-what are these?" She asked as she scanned the foods. From pancakes, french toast, to rice and chicken.

 

Kim Woobin was so busy he didn't notice she came. He was wearing the floral apron again and holding a plate when he faced her.

 

"I didn't know you lose your eye sight too." He insulted. "These are foods. Sit down and let's eat." 

 

"B-but where did all these come from? I'm pretty sure we didn't have these in our pantry because we didn't have pantry in the first place!" 

 

"Yah, are you going to eat or not? Just say it!" His eyes were glaring.

 

Sora sat, still suspicious. She grabbed her utensils as Woobin sat opposite to her. "Are we ok with this? I mean... I don't even know where this came from. You didn't put poison on it, right?" 

 

"Aisssh, I'm starting to lose appetite because of your mouth!" He folded his arms in front of him while his eyes were still glaring.

 

"Mian... but still-"

 

"I woke up extra early today than usual. I asked Driver Kim to at least pick up these foods from the nearby restaurant. I just thought you wanted to eat something nice... and homey." He explained. "Don't worry, these are clean. Besides, I wouldn't want to spend another dollar for your hospital bill." 

 

"Arasso. Thanks for the food." She said and started to eat. From rice to pancake, she ate it all. But she can't help but steal glances of him as she ate.

 

"What is it?" He asked. He did noticed. 

 

"N-nothing." She replied. She hesitated but still went for her thoughts. She slowly put her eating utensils that made the guy in front of her wonder. "Yah, how could you do that? I mean, you didn't even bother check on me if I was eating or if I'm still breathing during those days." 

 

"W-what?" He was surprised. He slowly put this utensils too. "Then how about you? You know you did wrong but you didn't do anything! A simple call and sorry would do."

 

"How will I do that if you're always not home? You made me feel that you don't want to see me and yet you expected me to call you? You sure are something, Kim Woobin-sshi."

 

Kim Woobin eyes narrowed. "Is that why you told me you missed me?" He teased as she started to feel warm. "Kang Sora, let's talk. Back in the hospital, you threw yourself on me and-"

 

"Y-Yah, w-what are you talking about? I-I don't remember!"

 

"You said you missed me and hugged me real tight." He said with a teasing smile on his face. "Do you perhaps have feelings for me already? Are you in that stage where you misses me and feels excited to see me?"

 

Sora blushed beet red. "Y-Yah! T-that's not it! Y-you're shameless!" She stood up from her seat. "I'm going to the shower cause I'll be late." 

 

"Yah Kang Sora, come back here! We're not done yet!" Woobin called but she didn't bother looking back. 

 

"Aissh, I knew he will bring that up!" Sora mumbled as soon as she reached her room. "Why did you do that, stupid." 

 

 

 

 

Kim Woobin’s back to giving Sora a ride to the hotel. The giddy wife was smiling from ear to ear since it felt like a heavy weight was lifted from her chest. 

 

“Yah, are you that happy?” Woobin asked without taking his eyes off the road.

 

“What?” She said as if she didn’t hear him (even though she heard him clearly). “I mean, did I hear it right?”

 

“Yeah. Your mouth will start to rip if you keep on smiling like that.” He said non-chalantly. 

 

“So what’s your deal, huh?” She asked, annoyed. “Are you saying I’m happy because you’re driving me to the hotel? Well I hate to pop your bubble Mister Kim but I’m not. Today is just... a happy day. That’s it!” 

 

“Chill, will you?” Woobin said as he glanced at her before looking back at the road. “I didn’t say anthing like that. You made it so obvious that you’re happy to be with me.”

 

Sora’s face turned red. 

 

“I-I didn’t...”

 

“I’ll fetch you later after work. Hyungsik’s bugging me, well always, to meet with the gang. Eunhyuk said you haven’t called your friends since the wedding.” 

 

 

 

 

The Hyve. 

 

One of the first places Woobin asked Sora to come. Her eyes wandered around the place as she reminisced. Suddenly, she felt a warm palm pulled her hand. Her heart skipped to realized that Woobin grabbed her. 

 

“Yah, are you feeling alright?” He asked as Sora watched his fingers clasped unto hers, her heart starting to beat fast. “You seemed lost. The room’s on next floor.”

 

“O-okay.” She could only answer and let him lead her.

 

 

The butler opened the door for them. 

 

“They’re here!” Eunhyuk said but everyone was surprised to see that Woobin and Sora were holding hands! Everyone knew about the “deal” the two made. 

 

“I... ugh... grabbed her because she was lost. T-the crowd was crazy downstairs.” 

 

“No need to explain, Woobin-shi.” Lee Sena said as she hugged Sora lightly. “We miss you so much!” She said.

 

Sora hugged her back, releasing Woobin’s hand. 

 

“We didn’t ask, did we?” Eunhyuk said as he put his arms around Woobin. “What’s up? Hyungsik told me your busy with what? Business? That’s not you!”

 

Woobin and Sora exchanged stares as their friends pulled them away. It’s as if they never wanted to be separated even for a minute.

 

 

 

“Yah Sora.” Yeonseo almost whispered in her ears. “How is it living with the husband?” 

 

“W-what?” Sora creased her brows. “What are you saying?” Her cheeks started to blush.

 

“He didn’t do anything on you, right?” She asked again.

 

“Yah, aren’t your question a bit... erted?” 

 

“erted?” Yeonseo asked. “What I’m trying to say is, he didn’t do anything wrong with you, right? Like beat you?”

 

“Oh, that!” Sora laughed nervously. “Ani, he’s a lot different than in the university. I was surprised to find out that he’s actually gentle.”

 

“How gentle?”

 

“Excuse me, h-how gentle?” Sora asked blushing.

 

“Yah Sora-ya, I’m starting to get annoyed at you.” Yeonseo rolled her eyes. “Are you thinking of something else? I mean, why did you say he’s gentle? Gentle as in a man?”

 

“Ah, mian.” Sora replied and reached for Yeonseo’s hand. “He took care of me when I got sick.”

 

“Really? Wow. He doesn’t seem like it.” Yeonseo said and glanced at Woobin, who was just sitting at the bar with the boys.

 

“Even I was surprised.”

 

“Do you think he’s falling for you?” Sena asked straighforwardly making Sora choked on the chips she just ate.

 

“Yah, spill it!” Yeonseo gently patted Sora’s back after giving her a glass of water.

 

“Sena’s getting good at surprise questions.” Sora said as she faked a nervous laugh. 

 

“Yah, everyone in the room was surprised to see you two holding hands. I mean, of course its not a big deal, but hey. It’s Kim Woobin. You know, the cold hearted bully.” 

 

“He’s not cold hearted.” Sora replied, looking offended.

 

“But at least that’s what he showed us.” Yeonseo said. “Wait, are you defending him? Or perhaps it’s you who’s falling for him!” She teased. “Why are you getting angry at me?!”

 

“Of course, not. I just find it unfair that people judged him for someone he’s not.”

 

“He is. We saw him numerous times in the university.” 

 

“Well he was, okay?” Sora said. “This time he’s different.”

 

“I think so too.” Yeonseo nodded. “It’s different this time; you’re different and your feelings for him is different too.” She teased.

 

“Yah, what are you saying? It’s not like that!” 

 

“It’s ok, Sora.” Lee Sena replied. “We were happy and we’re here for you whatever decisions you made. But don’t let yourself get hurt, arasso? And tie all loose ends so no one will get hurt.”

 

Sora smiled timidly and glanced at Woobin. She was taken aback to find out that he’s already staring at her.

 

 

“So we’ll see each other again, people!” Hyungsik exclaimed before leaving the Hyve. “Next week, it’s Woobin my man’s birthday!” He even clapped his hands.

 

“Yah-“ 

 

“Hold your thoughts birthday boy.” He said. “I already reserved the place and arranged everything.”

 

“You know I don’t like celebrating.” Woobin said.

 

“Eyy. Come on.” Eunhyuk whispered. “Hyungsik will be offended.” 

 

“Besides, it’s your first time to celebrate with a wife.” Hyungsik even winked at the puzzled Sora.

 

 

 

The whole trip-ride back to their house was quiet with Sora feeling bad that she didn’t know his birthday is coming; and Woobin trying to figure out what he did to make Sora quiet all these time. 

 

“I’ll head up first.” Sora said when they got home. Woobin nodded but walked next to her. 

 

When Sora was about to go in her room, Woobin spoke.

 

“You know, I’ve been thinking.” Woobin said as Sora faced her. “Outside our house, it’s messy and noisy and I felt unconnected. But here, with you, everything’s perfect.”

 

“Funny I felt the same way.” Sora said with a sweet smile plastered on her face that made Woobin’s heart melt. “Good night, Woobin-ah.”

 

He didn’t respond. He was still awake yet he felt like he’s already dreaming.

 

 

 

Two weeks later and the group was set to celebrate Woobin’s birthday. Park Hyungsik prepared his family’s villa. 

 

“Yah, are you done?” Woobin peeked his head at Sora’s door before fully opening it. He found her sitting at the floor, unable to close her luggage. “Move aside, I’ll do it.”

 

Sora followed as Woobin sat next to her.

 

“Why’d you bring so much clothes? We’re just spending the night there.”

 

“Aissh, just close that thing.” Sora said and stood up. “I’m just going to get my toothbrush and some toiletries, I don’t know!” She said before running to the bathroom.

 

“I told you so many times to prepare all your stuff before sleeping.” Woobin said while laughing. Sora looked like a chicken running around as she keeps on thinking what to bring.   “Aissh, what’s wrong with this?” He tried and tried but the luggage won’t close. “What on earth did she put in here?” He mumbled but he was flustered when the luggage opened. It was full of two piece bikinis, swimsuits and short shorts. 

 

“Is she going to... wear all this?” He didn’t removed an eye to the view in front of him. His mind was going crazy with all his what if’s. What if some crazy psycho went to her, what if  someone photographed her and put it online, and worst there are sure guys who will set their eyes on her and he will not let that happen. 

 

“Yah, Kang Sora, I’m going to bring this and put it in the trunk.” Woobin said and pulled her bag.

 

“Are you driving? You’re not gonna get tired? I heard from Sena it’s a little far from here.”

 

“I can manage.” He said and walked out of her room without realising the concern on her voice.