Black And White Movies

Secret Love

 

You wake up to your face hurting. You grunt and touch your face. Slowly opening your eyes and look over at Bom. She definitely hit you in the face while sleeping. This only happened a couple times but when it did it was painful. Nothing that left a bruise but the impact hurt. 

You grunt again and turn over. You tried to close your eyes and go back to sleep but there was no use. You were awake. The clock on the wall read 9:24 am. 

Getting up off the bed, you walk to the door and open it. You walk past Yongguks room and stop. It was quiet so he must still be sleeping. You sigh feeling bad about last night. You continue walking into the kitchen. 

You freeze as you see Yongguk sitting at the table eating. He looks up from his phone and smiles at you. 

"Good morning." He says. You smile back and open the cabinet getting stuff to make cereal. 

"Good morning. Your up early." You say putting down everything on the table and sitting down. Everything seemed ok and not weird from last night.

"Yeah....I couldn't really sleep." He says looking back at his food and taking another bite. You furrow your eyebrows while putting everything in the bowl. 

"Why?" He looks up at you. 

"Were you avoiding me because of what we did a couple days ago?" He whispers keeping his gaze on you. Your eyes widen and you shake your head. 

"No. Why would you think that?" He let's out a breath of relief and laughs. 

"I don't know I kept thinking that I did something wrong." He looks up at you again. "Or that you regretted it. Because I don't." You smiled and looked down. 

"I don't either." You felt your cheeks grow hot. You picked up the spoon and put cereal in your mouth trying to avoid this conversation from going any further before Bom comes. Yongguk clears his throat and reaches out his hand to touch your cheek. 

You look up at him and he smiles. You loved these little cute moments with him. Seeing his innocent side made your heart melt. He leans over the table about to kiss your lips but you heard someone cough. You both jump apart. You look down and stick a spoonful of cereal in your mouth. 

"Good morning!" Bom says walking to the cabinets. 

"Good morning." You and Yongguk mumble. You look up real quick at Yongguk and catch him looking at you. You smile and look back down.

"So what are we doing today?" Bom says sitting down. You were about to open your mouth when Yongguk cut in. 

"You can have (YN) in the morning but at night were going to see a black and white movie." Bom huffs and sticks a spoonful of cereal in . Yongguk looks at you and winks. 

*Flashback*

You were sitting on Bom's couch waiting for her to come out of the shower. You were laying down flipping through the channels. You stopped on an old movie in black and white and decided to watch it. 

Putting down the remote, you grabbed a pillow close by you and snuggled with it. The movie was about a boy and girl that were in love but had many hardships. You were a er for cute love stories. 

A couple minutes in the movie you hear someone unlock the door and walk in. You jump up and fix yourself. Yongguk walks in and closes the door. 

Your heart beat so fast. He's only been here for a week and you were still not used to him. You were really falling for him but he didn't really show any interest in you. 

He looks at you through the dark. 

"Hi." He says and waves. 

"Hey." You say back. You felt so uncomfortable. He turns his attention to the movie playing on the tv. You just watch him as he smiled. If it was even possible you felt your heart beat even more. He turns his head towards you and you quickly look away at the tv. 

"You like this movie?" You shake your head. 

"Nnno. I was just flipping through the channels and it looked interesting." He nods and looks back at the tv. 

"This is my favorite movie." He turns his attention back to you and smiles. "I'll leave you to watch the rest of the movie." He says and turns around. 

"Y-you can watch it with me if you want." You say trying to be confidant. He turns back around and looks at you. 

"No it's ok. I don't want to bother you." You shake your head. 

"No your not bothering me. Anyways I'm all alone it would be nice to talk to someone about the movie." He smiles and sits down close by you. 

"Ok." He says and your breath hitched. This was the longest conversation you both ever had and now he was so close to you. You tried to pay attention to the movie but you kept thinking about him. 

"You can lay back down and be comfortable." He said. "You just look really uncomfortable." Your eyes widen as you realize he had been watching you. 

"No I'll take up the whole couch." You say laughing. He laughs and shakes his head. 

"It's ok." He moves over to the other side and gives you the pillow. 

"Thank you." You say and place the pillow on the other side of you and place your legs on the couch right next to Yongguk. You felt a little more comfortable and actually got to pay attention to the movie. 

The love story was very sweet. It was like Romeo and Juliet but a different time period. Even though the movie was in black and white it still was really good. Nobody wanted them to be together so they had close friends help them stay together. They would sneak on dates at night just to see each other. 

You heard a door open and footsteps walk towards the living room. You lift up your head. Bom appears rubbing her hair with the towel. 

"Oh good Yongguk your here. Is it ok if I go to bed? I'm just really tired from work." You nod your head. 

"It's ok go to bed Bom. You had a long day!" 

"I'm sorry." 

"Don't worry about it." You say smiling. 

"I'll keep her company so she's not alone." Yongguk said smiling at her. He looks over at you and you nod. Luckily the lights were off so he couldn't see you blush. 

"Yeah." You say. 

"Ok good night. I'll leave a pillow on the bed for you." She says waving bye to you. You wave back and she leaves the room. You lay back down and continue watching the movie. 

When the movie ended. You both kind of sat there. He looks over at you and you look at him. 

"How did you like it?" 

"I see why it's your favorite movie." He smiles and you smile back at him. 

"Yeah. I like how through all the hardships at the end they get married and have a baby not caring what others thought." You nod. 

"That one part scared me when he got beat up really badly!" He laughs "But I loved the ending. It's a really cute movie." You yawn and stretch your arms up. 

"I think that's our signal to go to bed." He says getting up. You get up and you both stand there awkwardly

"Thank you for keeping me company." You say playing with your fingers. 

"No problem. Anyway I wasn't going to do anything." He says smiling. 

His smile was so cute that your heart ached. You awkwardly look away and smile. He coughs and rubs the back of his neck. 

"Since you liked this movie." He says pointing to the tv which was playing the credits. "Do you want to come to the movies with me this Saturday? There having a black and white movie marathon all weekend and I don't want to go alone. You know how Bom doesn't like black and white movies." You nod and smiled. 

"Yeah I'll love to." You said a little too enthusiastically. He wasn't asking you out but you couldn't contain your excitement. 

"Ok." He says smiling. He turns around and starts walking away. You walk behind him. When you reach his door he stops and turns to you. "Good night." He says. 

"Good night."  You went to sleep with the biggest smile on your face. 

*End of Flashback*