Kang Minhyuk

Can Never Be

Inyoung POV

Umma arranged me to have a date with Munhyuk to get to know him more. She picked out the location, my outfit, everythung. I was supposed to meet him in an hour at the coffee shop down the street. 

"You'll really like the guy Inyoung-ah. He went to Korea's most prestigous high school and he even studied in America for awhile." Umma seemed more excited for the date than I was.

Minhyuk POV

"Inyoung is such a sweet girl, just go meet her, considering how rude you were the other night." umma continuously lectured me to go on this stupid date with that Inyoung girl.

"Umma, I cant marry her, I'm sure she is nice but what am I going to do about Bo-na?" 

"Just go meet her, hm?" I sighed.

 

Inyoung arrived at the cafe before Minhyuk, who arrived half an hour after. 

"Sorry I'm late." Minhyuk stated with false sincerity. He took a seat across Inyoung who just smiled awkwardly. 

"Gwenchanha."  

A long moment of tension was felt from both parties, finally broken by Minhyuk's cellphone ringer going off. 

"Oh, Bona-yah!" he excused himself and walked to the corner of the cafe. 

Inyoung POV

He was just standing in the corner on the phone. Whoever was talking to him assumingly meant something to him, He kept smiling and laughing through the phone. After awhile, he returned to the table. 

"Who's Bona?" I asked.

"Oh, she's my girlfriend." Minhyuk stated slightly blushing. "Look, I know that you don't enjoy this whole 'arranged marriage' thing anymore than I do, and besides I have a girlfriend, so let's agree to just you know, not acknowledge each other until the wedding, okay?" 

"Fine, and you're right, I don't enjoy this very much, but I careabout my father and he cares about his business, so I'm only doing this for him. So, hope all goes well with your girlfriend Kang Minhyuk." I sent him a forced smile.

"Thank you, now if you'll excuse me." and with that Kang Minhyuk stood up andleft the premises.