To Be Married

Can Never Be

As usual, Jin and Inyoung were picked up by Mr. Kim after school. Inside the car, there was tense silence coming from Mr. Kim. Knowing his own father, Jin knew something was bothering him. 

JIN POV 

"You're mother wishes to speak to you Inyoung-yang. You shouldn'tkeep herwaiting." my father opened the door for Inyoung with a hint of disappointment in his eyes. Inyoung seemed to notice this and reluctantly exited the car, trudging her way intothe house. My father looked to me with sympathy. "Mianhae Sukjin-ah" he held my shoulder and when he released, I made my to the house confused. 

When I entered, I heard Inyoung speaking with Mrs. Ahn.

"Marriage?! Umma, I'm only 19, I can't become married now, especially to some man I don't even know!" 

What? Married? Inyoung is getting married? To who? 

"He's isn't some man, he is Kang Minhuk, son of CN Group. Besides it is about time that you inherit the business and not only that, Ahn Industries is on the verge of bankruptcy and in order to prevent that, we must combine our shares and because of our strong relations with CN Group, that wasour best option. And you will know him soon enough, I've arranged the two of you to meet this Saturday. And they will be coming over tonight for dinner. So go upstairs and-"

"Umma! I am in no mood to marry this Kang Minhyk boy, son of CN or not, I don't know him and...J-Jin oppa..." at this point I heard enough and I stepped inside the kitchen where Inyoung and her mother were. Mrs. Ahn looked at me as if she was anticipating my presence. 

"Ah, Jin-sshi, I'm not sure if you heard or not but Inyoung is to be married and the family is comingover tonight,so I'm hoping you will be availablefor assistance." she had a devious look in her eyes. 

"Umma!" Inyoung shouted with anger, she stormed out of the kitchen and stood by me for a moment. "Mian oppa." she whispered and passed by in an instant.

"I'm assuming you will no longer interfere with my daughter now that she is engaged." Mrs. Ahn smiled and walked past me. 

This crushed me, and Mrs. Ahn knew. She knew I had a thing for Inyoung.