05 Problems

Crazy summer

*Ricky’s POV*

 

“Do you want to be my boyfriend?”

 

“Yes! Of course I want to!”… Well… that’s what I wanted to say… what I should’ve said! I really really wanted to. But it wasn’t as easy as I imagined it to be. I was too surprised by that question that I wasn’t even able to think properly.

“C-can I have some time to think about it?” What was I doing?? Am I stupid??

“Sure… but don’t take too long!” ChangJo smiled at me weakly.

I nodded. “Okay…”

With that there was an awkward silence between us… and it didn’t disappear until we entered the classroom.

“I’ll… go to my seat then…” he mumbled and went to the back row. I sighed. I should’ve said yes! Just a simple and short yes! But… life somehow was supposed to be difficult… WAAAEEE??

“Hey, Niel!” I greeted my friend who had his face pressed against the desk.

“Hey Ricky…”

“What’s up? Tired? However… I have to tell you something!!”

“I also have!” He finally lifted his head.

“You start!” I said as I sat down next to him. I took out my books but… they also got a rain shower yesterday… oh no! The school had just started! These books were new!

“I invited Minsoo to my house!” Niel began. I froze.

“You did what?”

“Yesterday while you were fooling around with ChangJo…” I blushed at his words. “I asked him if he wanted to come over… in the evening… and he just said yes! HE ING SAID YES!! Luckily I got my parents out of the house and… then he was standing in my kitchen and I nearly dropped the coke … and then he kissed me!”

“He…”

“But then his phone rang and his mother told him to come home because his grandma fell… and with that he was gone… AND now that bastard isn’t in school!” he ruffled his hair. “I think he hates me… or thinks I’m stupid or… anyways… what was it that you wanted to tell me?”
“Ah… never mind… It wasn’t important…” I lied. Compared to Niel’s problem mine wasn’t really a problem… I didn’t want to make him feel even more upset… It wouldn’t help his situation if I’d come and say something like “Niel, I need your help! Yesterday I went to ChangJo’s house and then we had … and today he asked me if I want to be his boyfriend but I said I need more time to think… I know what my answer will be… but I just can’t say it! What should I do now?”

I felt that he needed my help first before he was able to help me… but actually I didn’t know how to help him. So I just sat there, waiting for the lesson to start.

While the teacher was talking and talking about stuff teachers talk about, I noticed that Niel’s gaze was wandering to the back row, where the empty seat of C.A.P was located. He sighed.

“Niel? Are you still thinking about C.A.P?” I whispered. I knew he was but I wanted to make sure.

“Ne...”

I nodded. “Do you know how his grandma is right now?”

“WHY SHOULD I KNOW??” he hissed aggressively.

“I-I’m sorry… I just…” I just wanted to somehow start a conversation…

“No I’m sorry… I’m just in a bad mood today…” he sighed.

“I know!”

“Maybe I shouldn’t talk… Hey! Tell me about you and ChangJo! What did you two do after I went home?”

“N-Nothing… we just chatted and ate some more crackers…” I said. It wasn’t a lie… just not the whole truth…

“You get along very well…”

Yeah, Niel! Very very well! We ed yesterday and now he wants me to be his boyfriend!

“Yup…”

 

*Niel’s POV*

 

Sighing I sat in school, tapping my fingers on the desk. The second day after vacations and it was already too much. Slowly I took a glance to the empty seat in the back row. Where was he? How could he do this to me?

 

*flashback*

Gently he put his hand on my cheek and pressed his lips against mine. At first the kiss was pretty innocent but then he slowly let his tongue run over my lips. I flailed my arms around, not knowing where to put them. His hair? His shoulders? His waist? The counter behind me?

My hands tried to get a hold onto the cold stone on the counter but it was too far away to reach. WHERE TO PUT MY HANDS?

You better worry about your breathing now… there is a lack of oxygen in your lungs!

Right! Air! I needed air! Help me! How to breathe? And where to put my hands???? Why do people like kissing? It’s…

Suddenly the sound of a ringing phone was heard and C.A.P broke the kiss leaving me a BIT dumbfounded.

Niel?! Breathe!

Right.

C.A.P fumbled his phone out of his pocket while mumbling a soft “Sorry”

“Yeoboseyo?”… “ne”… “Okay! I’ll be there…”

With that he ended the call.

“Niel… I’m sorry but… I have to go! My grandma fell and hurt her leg… my mother needs my help to get her to hospital…”

“O-okay… then… I hope she’ll be fine… bye!”

“Thanks… Bye!”

Then he ran out of the door.

*flashback end*

 

Again I sighed. Why didn’t his mother just call the ambulance? Why’d she had to steal C.A.P away from me?

You’re being a selfish right now!

I know!

“Niel? Are you still thinking about C.A.P?” I heard Ricky whispering next to me.

“Ne...”

Ricky nodded.

Maybe… he didn’t want to kiss me… maybe he just tripped! Or… he was playing with me! Or maybe I’m such a bad kisser that he just wanted to escape from me!

“Do you know how his grandma is right now?” Ricky then asked.

“WHY SHOULD I KNOW??” I hissed and Ricky looked at me a bit shocked.

“I-I’m sorry… I just…”

“No I’m sorry…” I sighed. “I’m just in a bad mood today…”

“I know!”

“Maybe I shouldn’t talk… Hey! Tell me about you and ChangJo! What did you two do after I went home?”

“N-Nothing… we just chatted and ate some more crackers…”

“You get along very well…”

“Yup…”

 

During lunch break Ricky, ChangJo, ChunJi, L.Joe and I were sitting under a big tree eating our lunch. My mind was still going crazy because of what happened yesterday.

“Ricky? What is Niel thinking about?” I heard ChunJi asking.

“Erm… he invited C.A.P to his house… and then C.A.P kissed him… but he was called by his mother because something happened to his grandma so went home…” Ricky summarized what I told him early this morning. "And now he thinks it's his fault C.A.P escaped the situation."

Yeah thanks Ricky. Thanks a lot.

But he's right, right?

“THEY KISSED????” ChunJi and L.Joe screamed in unison. Ricky nodded.

“How was it?” Now L.Joe was clinging onto my arm.

“I… I didn’t know where to put my hands… and how to breathe…”

ChunJi facepalmed himself and L.Joe looked at me in disbelieve, still holding onto me.

I sighed. “What? It was my first kiss… so… do you guys know how to breathe during kissing?”

ChunJi chuckled and pointed at his nose. An imaginary light bulb appeared above my head.

You could’ve found out by yourself, Niel…

Suddenly the picture of ChunJi and L.Joe kissing flashed in front of my eyes. I quickly shook my head to get rid of it. Don’t think about it! Maybe I saw it wrong…

There was nothing to be misunderstood…

“Hyung?” Ricky then looked at L.Joe “Do you know why C.A.P isn’t in school today?”

L.Joe shook his head. “No… I’m sorry… I didn’t talk to him since yesterday…”

“Maybe he really wants to avoid me because he thinks I’m weird…” I mumbled and stuffed some food into my mouth.

“Hyung… you aren’t…” Everyone was looking at Ricky with one eyebrow lifted. He let out a short giggle. “B-But… that is what makes you special!”

Really, THANKS Ricky. Waaaargh! Even my friends were thinking I’m weird…

That's...

Okay even I think I am.

“Oh erm… do you guys have anything planned today after school?” ChunJi then changed the topic.

“Ani… are we going to hang out at the lake again?” Ricky asked.

“Ne! Because there is someth-“

“No, I’m sorry… I don’t feel like doing anything today…” I cut him off.

“Okay then…” ChunJi looked to the ground. “Maybe… next time, okay?”

“Hmm…”

Right in that moment the bell was ringing and Ricky, ChangJo and I were walking back to our classroom while ChunJi and L.Joe went to theirs.

 

*ChunJi’s POV*

 

“I really tried! You heard it yourself!” I mumbled as we were walking back to our classroom after lunch break.

“Yeah… I heard it… It’s not your fault that Niel doesn’t want to hang out today… That thing with C.A.P is really bothering our little dongsaeng…” Byungie sighed.

“Seems so… Maybe you should contact C.A.P and ask him about his whereabouts…”

“That’s Niel’s problem… not mine!”

“But you’re his friend!”
“I have my own problems…” he chuckled and took my pinky with his.

“I’m not really a problem…” I looked at him.

“Not you… but I really want our friends to know about us! That’s my problem!”

“Byungie… You can’t tell Niel, whose heart seems to be broken, about our happy relationship. And did you notice Ricky and ChangJo? There was a really tensed feeling between them… They avoided each other and didn’t talk one single word.”

He sighed. “If you say so…”

“I hope nothing bad happened yesterday…”

“You worry too much, babe!” Byungie gave me a cute peck on the cheek but only to be violently shoved away by me.

“If someone sees us!”
“I don’t careee~” he sang.

“But I do!” I hissed back and grabbed his wrist pulling him with me to not be late for class.

 

*Niel’s POV*

 

After school I quickly showered since there is nothing I hate more than that sticky feeling of summer! Then I just changed into my sleeping pants and dropped myself onto the bed. I stayed in  the starfish position for some seconds before I got bored. What could I do? Homework? Study for the next test? Clean my room?

I hopped off the bed and went to the kitchen to get some ice cream. With a big spoon I headed back to my room and closed the door. I sat on my bed again and began eating the ice cream to forget about everything.

That’s not healthy, Niel! You’ll get fat!

I don’t care… Then I could tell why C.A.P didn’t want me… This would be a reason for him…

Really? Maybe you should try to improve yourself for him instead of being a couch potato! Or in your case a bed potato…

I nearly dropped the ice cream when suddenly the greatest idea ever popped up in my head. I needed to be cool for C.A.P! I needed to get some muscles… and buy some cool wife-beaters and…

I’ll work out! I’ll leave my room and go to the gym and work out!

That’s my Niel!

I quickly ran down the stairs, threw the ice cream back into the fridge with the spoon still stuck in it and grabbed my keys. Then I headed out of the house to the bus station.

Niel!! NIEL! WAIT!!

What?!

You’re still wearing your pajamas…

Right… I still wear my… ! . . . !

With the speed of light and a big blush on my face I ran back, up to my room to change my clothes. Hopefully nobody saw me… How stupid am I?

*cough*

Okay… I’ll need sportive clothes! And a towel… and maybe some shampoo for showering after…

Having packed my things I headed out of the house – again.

 

 

So… where to start? Maybe I’ll start with stretching… or a little warm up? No… It’s already warm enough…

I stood there in the middle of big muscular men sweating and wheezing… I think… I should start right away!

Slowly I crept to the dumbbells and took the lightest one of them. For the start… and maybe if I make an expression like the other men around it’ll look like I’m really strong…

Come on, Niel! At least try the second lightest!

To be honest it really wasn’t that heavy but I also didn’t want to be too exhausted! And the last thing I wanted was to sweat! But… that’s what sports were about, right?

Just do it for C.A.P… and a wife-beater!

YES! For…

C.A.P? My eyes widened at the sight of him lifting some heavier dumbbells than me.

Of course!

Slowly I put my dumbbell on the floor and hopped a bit to the side, hiding behind a wall. My breathing immediately got faster. What was he doing here?

Working out?!

Why’d he had to be here? Why now? Wae? Wae? Wae?

Carefully I took another glance at him. Luckily he didn’t see me…

Woah… I already knew he is hot but… holy …! I gulped loudly. Maybe… if I won’t move he won’t notice me and I can watch him… just for a little while…

Niel… you erm… I think you have a problem…

Aish! Why now?? WHY??

Do I have to answer? You’re the one watching a hot guy working out…

I took a deep breath. The bathroom was over there… so if I’m careful… it’s possible to go there with nobody notice me… Everyone is busy with something so nobody has an eye on me…

In the end I didn’t go careful… I ran!

 

*C.A.P’s POV*

 

Fifty-two, fifty-three, fifty-four, fifty… wait! Was that Niel? No way… I start seeing ghosts… I’m at the gym… why should Niel be here? Maybe I’m thinking too much about yesterday…

But… it really was Niel! What was he doing here?

I watched him standing there a bit dumbfounded before grabbing a dumbbell. He lifted it with an expression as if he was lifting an elephant… but he didn’t seem like it was too heavy for him. Then he put it on the ground and took another one. This time he had a thinking expression… I chuckled. That’s Niel! Always thinking!

But suddenly he almost dropped the dumbbell and jumped to the side hiding behind a wall. So he must’ve seen me…

I pretended to not have noticed him and continued lifting the dumbbells.

Then he shoved his head out of his hiding place and starred at me.

It took all my mind’s power not tostare back. What was he doing over there? And why was he doing that? I tried hard to hold my laughter. That cute little pabo…

But suddenly his face disappeared from my sight. And then I saw him running towards the bathroom. Was he alright?

I put the dumbbell on the floor and followed him.

 

“Niel? Are you here?” I asked while closing the bathroom door behind me.

“No!” It came out of one of the toilet stalls. I chuckled.

“Are you okay? I saw you running and…”

“I’m fine!”

“Sure?” I saw that he didn’t lock the stall so I slowly went towards it. “Niel… about yesterday…”

“Can… can we talk about that later?”

I sighed and pushed against the door to open it but he quickly stopped me with a loud cry. “DON’T OPEN IT!”

With that it was locked.

“Are you really sure that you’re fine?”

“Why can’t I have my privacy in here?”
“I’m sorry… I’ll go…”

I made my way back to the door when I suddenly heard him mumbling something.

“What did you say?”
“Don’t go!”

I stopped. “Why?”

“Do you hate me?”

“No… I don’t! What makes you think that?”

“You… you just left…”

“I kissed you!”

“But then you left!”
“Niel… can you please open the door? I want to see who I’m talking to!”

With click and a loud squeaking noise the door opened. I smiled and turned around walking towards him. But as soon as I stood in front of him, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the stall, locking the door again behind me. I looked at him confused. And… then I saw what his real problem was right now…

“Ouh… erm… that’s…”

“Please ignore this!” he said.

“O-okay… Erm… Listen… it was an emergency yesterday… my mother needed my help! What was I supposed to do? I really wanted to stay with you but…”

“Do you know how hard it was to get my parents out of the house?”

“I’m so sorry, Niel! Really!”

He sighed and nodded. “So… you don’t hate me?”

“I kissed you, Niel! Why should I hate you?”
“Because… I’m weird… and a bad kisser…”

I laughed. “How am I supposed to know if you’re a bad kisser? You didn’t even kiss back… I’m the one who should worry…”

“So… would you want to kiss me again to find out if I’m a good or bad kisser?”


New chappie~ hope you like it.

I'm sorry about not letting Ricky agree to ChangJo's request but I planned it right from the start >.< 미안해~

Anyway... thanks for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting! :P

AAAAND: Happy Birthday to our cutie pie Niel~ <3

 

see ya~

 

~IHaveRuinedMyLife <3