15 Sunset

Crazy summer

*C.A.P’s POV*

 

Okay… I felt bad for my cutie…

But he could say something! He could say something and the whole thing could be over!

 

But wait no. He’s Niel!

“Smile! We have to look happy!” Myungsoo reminded me while continuously poking my biceps. He told me about the plan to make Niel jealous and no, I wasn’t a fan of this at all.

“Hmm…” I hummed in response and forced myself to smile.

Niel, please stop this! Just admit it! It almost looked as if we were fine now. Your smile, the kiss…

“I don’t think this will work! He’ll just get mad!” I then said, shaking my head as I was about to back away from Myungsoo’s touch.

“No, no, no! Wait a little more! He will say something…” the boy asserted.

“I hope so…”

I looked over to Niel who was sitting with the others but paying no attention to them. He just sat there and stared at us with a big pout on his lips which I really wanted to kiss.

 

When break was over, Myungsoo finally let go of me and went to his class, together with

L.Joe and ChunJi.

“Did you guys have fun?” Niel asked me while we were on the way to our class.

“A lot!” I lied and heard Ricky softly chuckling behind me. Oh guys… this was so stupid! How should this work?

“I wonder since when Myungsoo is that… talkative and lively…” Niel mumbled. “Normally he just sits somewhere being quiet or doing something weird!”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Maybe he’s happy today…”

“Because of you?”

I took a deep breath. “How should I know why he’s happy… I don’t care! OUCH!” I cried as Ricky elbowed me in the side. “What was that for?”

 

 

*Ricky’s POV*

 

“How should I know why he’s happy… I don’t care!” I immediately rammed my elbow into C.A.P’s side. “OUCH! What was that for?”

“You know…” I hissed through my teeth. He shouldn’t act like he didn’t care about Myungsoo. He should pretend that he means a lot to him. How should Niel become jealous otherwise?

ChangJo glanced at me and shook his head.

I knew that he wasn’t supporting our plan but… my aegyo at least helped to not let him tell Niel about it and ruin the whole thing.

“Hey Niel, we’re going to hang out at the lake today after school!”

“Who’s ‘we’?” Niel asked.

“Well… L.Joe, ChunJi, ChangJo, me, C.A.P, Sungyeol and Myungsoo!” I sang.

“Sungyeol and Myungsoo? At our lake?”

“Yeah… I invited Myungsoo and I guess ChunJi told Sungyeol about it…” C.A.P said.

“Oh okay… then… I guess it will be a funny afternoon!” Niel mumbled.

I smiled and grabbed ChangJo’s hand. He immediately squeezed mine and pulled a bit on it, making me slow down my walking pace.

“Wait!” he whispered. I stopped and turned towards him.

“Guys?” Niel asked.

“Go ahead!” ChangJo exclaimed while making a hand gesture which underlined his words.

“Why are we standing here now?” I wondered.

“I wanted to kiss my boyfriend!” ChangJo grinned and circled his arms around my waist, pressing my body against his.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pursed my lips, waiting to feel his on mine.

Yup… my boyfriend definitely is the best kisser in the whole world! I won’t argue with anyone! I just know he is!

“Eww guys~ no PDA at the hallway!” Sungyeol cried before roughly shoving his arms between ChangJo and me, ripping us apart.

I guess there was another person slowly becoming jealous because of the fake Myungsoo-C.A.P pairing… even if he knew about the plan…

“Get Myungsoo and shut up!” ChangJo growled.

“No! Our plan didn’t succeed yet!”

ChangJo hit his face with his hand and stomped off to the classroom while groaning in despair.

 

 

*Niel’s POV*

 

Going to the lake… yeah wow… sounds incredibly fun! Watching Myungsoo hitting on my man the whole afternoon. Is there even something better to spend your time with?

You could study or work out…

That was a rhetorical question!

I took a glance over to Minsoo sitting next to me now. But as soon as he caught me staring, he stared back. For a few seconds we just looked at each other.

“Daniel? Minsoo?” the teacher began.

“Niel!”

“C.A.P!”

We both said in unison.

“Whatever… is there something you guys want to share with the class?” she asked.

Yeah of course! Let’s ask the others about this! Minsoo and I had but now another guy is flirting with him and he doesn’t pay attention to me… what should I do?

Hell no! There’s nothing I wanna share with the class!

“No… everything’s fine!” Minsoo mumbled. I just nodded.

The teacher sighed and continued talking.

Aish! Why’d Ricky had to change seats with C.A.P? Now he’s way to close to me to forget about him at least during lessons! My grades will drop even more!

I turned around to look at Ricky but the said boy didn’t even notice me trying to get eye contact. He was giggling about something ChangJo doodled in his textbook.

Would that work on Minsoo too?

I faced my desk again and took a pencil, starting to draw a failed cartoon of our teacher. Then I poked Minsoo with the pencil, telling him to look at my piece of art.

He looked at it and raised an eyebrow.

“What’s that?” he whispered.

“That’s Mr. Yong! Don’t you see this nose?”

A small smile appeared on his lips as he shook his head. Then he stole the pencil out of my hand and began to draw in his own textbook.

Like five minutes later I felt him poking my shoulder. I eyed his drawing and I was truly amazed! Who knew he could draw like that?

The picture in his textbook didn’t even look like a sketch anymore… it almost looked like a black and white photo! A photo of myself.

He hit my features right on the button.

My eyes traveled from his textbook up to his face. He didn’t even look at me. He looked at the teacher like actually paying attention to what he’s talking about. Again my eyes went to my reflection in his textbook. Wow…

See? He didn’t draw Myungsoo… he drew you! Isn’t that a proof that you shouldn’t be too upset about Myungsoo flirting with him?

He drew me because I was sitting next to him! If it was Myungsoo, he’d drew him!

Do you think so?

Yeah I do! And you know what? The only way to get rid of your sorrows about Minsoo liking Myungsoo it to confess!

To confess what?

DAMN IT NIEL! You are supposed to finally confess to Minsoo! Otherwise the two of you will never become a lovey-dovey couple!

Did I ever say that I want us to be?

No you didn’t! That’s exactly the problem! But you already know that you want to!

Hmm… if you say so…

I know!

 

 

“I brought some Zoo Animal Crackers!” Ricky sang. “Who wants one?”

“Give me ten!” I growled. Comfort eating! That’s good!

“O-okay…” Ricky held the yellow packet in front of my face. I immediately grabbed a handful animal shaped cracker before turning my head back to watch Minsoo and Myungsoo sitting on the small hitch, splashing around the water with their feet while Myungsoo giggled continuously. Disgusting!

“By the way… where’s L.Joe?” Sungyeol asked.

ChunJi shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know… but he should come here soon!”

“I won’t search for him!” I announced, causing ChangJo, Ricky and even ChunJi to laugh.

The latter patted my back in a comforting way. “Don’t worry… I’m sitting next to you so…”

“Huh?” Sungyeol asked looked at us a bit confused.

“Aah… never mind…” ChunJi mumbled and blushed a little. Ricky coughed.

Right in that moment L.Joe appeared and sat down next to his boyfriend, putting an arm around his shoulder. But Ricky still trying to hold his laughter seemed to catch his attention.

“What were you talking about?”

“Nothing!” ChunJi nearly screamed at his boyfriend.

“And why does Ricky look like he’s about to explode?”

“I kinda gave a hint on what happened between you two weeks ago… you know…” I sighed.

“Oh…”

“What happened?” Sungyeol didn’t give up.

“Noth-“

“They had in the forest…”

“NIEL! I know you’re pissed… but please don’t wreak it on us!” L.Joe hissed.

“Sorry…”

“You guys ed in the forest? Wow that’s…”

“Please… do not comment this…” L.Joe hid his face behind his hands.

Sungyeol pressed his lips together and nodded.

And I shot more death glares at Myungsoo.

Go away there! Stay away from Minsoo! MY Minsoo! I actually liked you… but now you annoy me like hell! Aish!

“I’ll ask C.A.P and Myungsoo if they also want some crackers!” I said and jumped onto my feet. Then I ripped the packet out of Ricky’s hands and stomped off to the hitch, intending to disturb the flirty atmosphere there.

“Hey C.A.P! Myungsoo! Do you want some Zoo Animal Crackers?”

“Oh of course!” Myungsoo said and took a giraffe out of the packet. Then he turned back to Minsoo. “Say aaaaaah~”

And Minsoo did! And Myungsoo fed him! And I was about to break down! But no, Niel! You have to stay strong!

You don’t!

I forced myself to grin at their action.

Maybe… if I was to tell Ricky about Myungsoo feeding Minsoo with a cow-cracker, he’d kill Myungsoo for stealing HIS cow shaped cracker! That would be perfect! I couldn’t even be blamed for killing the boy! I could just be with Minsoo without taking too much action.

What’s that, Niel? You have to fight for your love!

Who’s talking about love?

You! You wanna be with Minsoo… because you love him! Otherwise you wouldn’t be mad at Myungsoo because you like him. It’s just because you want Minsoo for yourself…

“Niel?”

I shook my head as Minsoo’s deep voice ripped me out of my thoughts. “Yeah?”

“You’re okay? You… were kinda spaced out right now…”

“No… no it’s okay…” I mumbled. “If you want another cracker then take it now before I go back to the others…”

Myungsoo took a handful and mothed a “Thank you!” while smiling like a crazy man. Well… Myungsoo actually is a little crazy…

And you’re not or what?

That’s not important right now!

Yeah yeah…

“Have fun…” I then sang and turned around, walking back to the others.

Sungyeol greeted me with a hug.

“W-whut? I wasn’t gone for a long time…” I chocked.

“I know but… do you know how hard it is to sit between two couples being lovey-dovey while you’re alone?” he cried.

“Erm… yeah? Because the two couples here are my best friends… and when you and Myungsoo hang around with us, I’m alone between three couples!” I said.

“But Minsoo’s there too…”

I glared at him and he immediately shut up. Better for him…

“Niel? Can I have the Zoo Animal Crackers please~”

Without saying a word I shoved the packet over to him. Eat! Be happy!

And Myungsoo, stop poking Minsoo’s shoulder! And stop touching his hair! And stop looking at his lips! Hell and stop leaning closer to him!

Suddenly I felt some kind of panic rushing through my whole body. My head felt like it was going to explode as I jumped up.

“MYUNGSOO!!!! DON’T YOU DARE TO KISS MY MAN!!!” I screamed.

 

Silence.

 

Then a splash as Myungsoo fell into the water. Sungyeol screamed.

 

Oh and not to forget the sound of Ricky munching his crackers.

 

But the only thing I seemed to hear in that moment was my hard breathing and my pounding heart. Oh damn.

I was about to run away but a hand grabbed my wrist, holding me back. Turning around, I saw Minsoo standing there, smiling at me.

He whispered a soft “Thank you!” before pressing his lips against mine. Butterflies were running amok inside of my belly as I tried hard to steady my breathing. But no chance! Not now…

It would be nonsense anyways… I just confessed to my crush… so why trying to breathe normally?

*applauds and cries tears of happiness* Good job, Niel! Finally…

Ah shut up! I’m kissing my boyfriend. He is my boyfriend now, right?

I broke the kiss and looked at him. “Minsoo? You’re my boyfriend now, right?”

“If you finally want me to… Then I’d love to be!” he grinned.

“Okay good! Then we can kiss more~” I sang and leant back in.

Minsoo, I love you! And I’ll tell you that! I’m sure now! Yup!

Happy birthday!

“By the way you’re groping Niel’s I suppose you guys had yesterday… am I right?” L.Joe suddenly mumbled next to us, making us jump apart.

“Wow, man! That’s not your business!” C.A.P laughed as he pulled me closer again. I pouted.

“Just sayin’~” L.Joe laughed and turned around, stalking off to help his boyfriend and Sungyeol to calm down Myungsoo who was freaking out like crazy.

“HE PUSHED ME INTO THE WATER!!!”

I didn’t want to but I couldn’t help but smirk, seeing Myungsoo all drenched and mad.

“Don’t be like that. It’s mean! He didn’t deserve you to be mad at him. It was a plan by L.Joe, you know?”

“Now that you say that… of course it was! But really… Myungsoo is a great actor!”

“I know, right? I didn’t suppose him to become that talkative when playing a role.”

“You didn’t do bad either… I was about to believe that you have a thing for him… but then you ruined it with drawing me during lesson…”

“But still you believed that he’d actually kiss me!” Minsoo laughed and pushed my shoulder a bit.

I knew that I was blushing. I couldn’t help.

“It was just because he was so into his role!” I defended myself.

Minsoo chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Of course!”

Yeah of course, Niel!

 

“It’s so romantic~” Ricky whispered.

“Shhh!” I hissed.

He was ruining the moment!

The sun was setting down over the lake and everything was shining in an orange light.

I was sitting between Minsoo’s legs, my head leaning against his chest.

ChangJo and Ricky were sitting next to each other while Ricky was leaning against the younger’s shoulder, feeding him with Zoo Animal Crackers.

L.Joe had his head lying on ChunJi’s lap, the latter his hair softly.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo already went home because Myungsoo was too drenched to stay out any longer… and I guess they also had to make good for the last two days… *cough*

“Minsoo?” I breathed softly.

“Hm?”

“… nothing!”
“I love you!”

“…”

“Niel!”

“I love you too…”

I heard Ricky gasping quietly.

And more important: I literally felt Minsoo smiling behind me, as he slang his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

“So guys… I think Channie and I should go home now…” L.Joe then said.

“Eww, no!” I squeaked, causing everyone to laugh out loud. That was the end of the romantic silence. And the end of an amazing crazy summer…


OMO~ I wrote and wrote and wrote... and suddenly there was an end!

On one hand I'm sorry for not "warning" you that it will be the end... and I'm somehow a bit sad because this is actually the longest story I've ever written o.O

On the other hand I'm so so so happy that I was able to finish it~ :3

 

Thank you so so so so so so so so much for reading and supporting this story!!! Love you guys!!! <3

Oh and please keep commenting! Give me some advice for my future stories if you want! I'd be happy about this~

 

~IHaveRuinedMyLife <3