02 Zoo animal cracker

Crazy summer

☀️Ricky’s POV☀️

 

Vacations were over but it was still as hot as before! And I hate hot! Where is the sense in letting vacations end before summer ends?

Sighing, I opened the door to the classroom. How I missed the smell of school during the past few weeks… (please take note of the irony!)

I looked around the room, feeling like I had never been gone as I was searching for a good seat for Niel and me. Spotting a free desk in the third row, I threw my bag on top of it and let myself drop onto the chair. Just then, I saw ChangJo entering the room, walking straight past me and falling down onto a chair in the back row. And the desk next to him was still free... But then I saw Niel already walking into the room and my mood lighted up immediately. Since he was on vacation when I stayed at home and I was on vacation while he was at home, we had no chance to see each other for a long time.

I jumped up and ran towards him.

“Nielie!!!!” I greeted him with a bright grin.

“Annyeong~” he smiled and hugged me.

“You have to tell me a loooooot about your vacations!!” I sang while we were walking back to our desk.

“And I wanna know about yours!”

I nodded and let my eyes travel around the classroom. The most interesting thing about the first day after vacation is that some changes had happened over the time. Some people just grew a lot taller or dyed their hair, some people left the school or even the city and some new people came.

This year we had three new hair colors, one grown guy and two people who had left. And as far as I saw there was no… oh no wait! There was! A tall and muscular boy was talking to our teacher. He was quite handsome… and the girls already seemed to have noticed it.

As the bell rang everyone was turning to the front of the class to listen to the teacher’s first words.

“Good morning, class! I hope everyone had enjoyable vacations and is now freshly recovered for another year full of great experiences… First I want to introduce a new classmate to you. His name is Bang MinSoo!”

“C.A.P! Please call me C.A.P, everyone! Nice to meet you!” he greeted us with a bright smile and a bow. I heard some girls giggling and whispering. C.A.P… what a strange name… and don't tell me if referred to the snapback on his head.

“So C.A.P, you can sit over there next to Jonghyun!” he pointed the empty chair in the back row, next to the hotness in person. The good kind of hot, I mean this time.

“It’s ChangJo!” the latter protested.

“Okay! C.A.P you can sit over there next to ChangJo! You kids with your nicknames…” he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

“That seat should be mine!” I pouted quietly.

“You should’ve just asked him… I’m sure he’d let you sit next to him! As far as I know he’s a nice guy…” Niel whispered.

“Tsss” I hissed. “As if I was able to talk to Mr. Walking !”

Oh right, there is something I should mention: I’m totally crazy over ChangJo! He is most possibly the hottest man on earth! I call him “Mr. Walking ” or “Hotness in person” because these seemed to be the right titles for him…

We’ve been classmates for about eight years now but we have barely spoken a word. Just these usual conversations because of teamwork in school… but nothing else. So I can’t say I knew him… I just heard from others that he’s actually really nice…

My friends Niel, ChunJi and L.Joe were always telling me to at least try start a conversation but… hell no! I’d start stuttering and embarrass myself.

“Ah Ricky, I nearly forgot to ask you if you want to hang out with ChunJi and L.Joe at the lake today.”

“Of course! Sun and lake sounds like heaven!” I agreed smiling.

 

💦 after school at the lake

 

Niel, ChunJi and I were sitting at the lake, enjoying the fresh sound of water splashing around in front of our feet.

“By the way… L.Joe told me he’s going to bring some friends… He said they’re in your class! And he mentioned something about a new student…” ChunJi mumbled while he was drawing little hearts and smileys in the sand.

“C.A.P??” Niel squeaked.

“ChangJo??” I squeaked a second later, almost getting a heart attack.

ChunJi looked at us with widened eyes. “May…be…?!”

No! No way ChangJo was going to come here! Sure I’ve seen him talking to L.Joe before… but I didn’t think that they were close enough so that L.Joe would invite him to hang out with us. But with C.A.P being the new guy... who else...

“Hey guys!” L.Joe then called and waved at us. “I brought C.A.P and ChangJo!” okay… that’s it! Ground, swallow me now! “But… I think you guys know each other since you’re in the same homeroom class…” he added.

Niel and I just nodded slowly.

Then, L.Joe turned to look down at ChunJi. “Hey, uhm... can we talk?”

The latter stood up immediately. “Yup!”

And just like that, they disappeared, leaving us alone with Mr. Walking and the new boy. Oh dear...

“Woah! It’s so hot today!” ChangJo groaned and… took off his white wife-beater. Whoops… holy cracker… that was hot! Extremely… hot! Call the police and the firemen! I gulped and looked over to Niel, hoping he knew something to say or do to end my awkward situation. Help me, Niel! There is the world’s hottest six pack right in front of my eyes!

“I’ll swim a little… want to join me?” ChangJo then asked me... ME! He talked to me~ omo!

“Erm…. O-of c-course!” I stuttered. So this is the first time I actually said something to him and... didn’t I say I’d stutter?

“Niel? You also wanna come with us?”

“Where?”

“Water?! Swimming?! Splish splash?! ” Niel was obviously ripped out of his thoughts by ChangJo's question.

“No… I mean yes but… shall I look for L.Joe and ChunJi first? I’m sure they also wanna swim… or at least guard our bags...”

“Okay… then… we’ll go in first.” ChangJo took my wrist and pulled me towards the water. While running I somehow managed to take off my shorts (I was clever enough to put on my swimming pants underneath my shorts) and my shirt (without falling!).

“Aaah~” I let out a high pitched scream as ChangJo literally pushed me into the cold water. “Wet, wet, wet, WET!”

“Yeah… it’s water! Water is wet!” ChangJo laughed.

“Hmpf!” I pouted and splashed some water right in his face.

... Oh god, I splashed water into Mr. Walking 's face!

“YAH! Yooouuu~” he growled and attacked me again. Still shocked, I tried to run away but… ever tried to run through water? So ChangJo quickly caught me and started tickling me. I screamed and squeaked while trying to catch my breath.

“Hey Niel! Where have you been? What took you so long?” I then heard ChangJo yelling while he was lifting me to sit on his broad shoulders.

“Didn’t you want to get L.Joe and ChunJi?” I asked as soon as I noticed that Niel came back on his own.

“I didn’t find them!”

Wait… did I just say I sat on ChangJo’s shoulders?? I must've been dreaming! Omo… but before I really got the chance to realize the whole situation I was thrown back into the cold water.

“HEY!” I protested.

“Haha!” ChangJo laughed.

“You’re mean!” Pouting I got up wanting to go back to the others. But I was stopped by ChangJo holding my wrist once again.

“Hey… I’m sorry, okay?” he smiled. How to be mad at a hot guy standing in front of you, smiling, not wearing a shirt, having wet hair, water running down his muscular body… okay Ricky, stop thinking! NOW!

“I-Im hungry! Let’s eat something!” I stuttered. He chuckled.

We made our way to Niel and C.A.P who were just sitting there staring at the sand.

“Want some zoo animal crackers?” I asked grinning.

“Erm… y-yes! Of course!” Niel stammered.

“Omo… I love zoo animal crackers!!” ChangJo suddenly exclaimed.

I hopped to my bag and searched for my beloved zoo animal crackers.

“Found~” I then sang waving the little packet through the air.

“Give it to me!” ChangJo nearly jumped onto me to grab the crackers. But I was faster.

“No?! It’s mine! You have to ask nicely!”

“Pretty please?” He blinked his eyes a few times.

“Eww~ that’s disgusting! Acting cute is something for girls!” C.A.P laughed.

“So what? Ricky does it all the time, too!” ChangJo said. “So can I get some zoo animal crackers please?”

“Erm… o-of course?!” I stammered, feeling my face heating up. Did he just say that I’m cu…te?

Niel shook his head. “It’s too easy to influence you!”

“B-but-“ I tried to say something but ChangJo had already grabbed the zoo animal crackers and ripped the packet open.

“At least give me a giraffe!” I commanded since the giraffes were my all time favorite.

“But I like the giraffes the most! I’ll give you a cow!”

“Why is there even a cow? It isn’t really a zoo animal…” Niel wondered.

“That’s not important! ChangJo give me a giraffe or else…” I whined.

“Or else what?”

I crossed my arms in front of my chest. “I’ll… I’ll never share my zoo animal crackers with you again!”

“You wouldn’t dare!” ChangJo grinned cheekily.

“I would!”

“You wouldn’t!” Niel deceived me.

ChangJo and C.A.P laughed hard at my expression. Niel, you’re so mean! And there I thought you were my best friend...

“Here… have a giraffe!” ChangJo then said, giving me a cracker.

I turned towards him and smiled widely. “Thank youu~!”

“Cute…” he mumbled.

“Whut?” I asked, my mouth stuffed with the delicious cracker.

“Nothing…”

As the sky darkened a bit because of a few clouds finally shielding us from the sun, Niel jumped up, startling all of us. “Omo… so late already? I have to go home!”

“Really?” I pouted. “Okay, bye then!”

“Bye!” Niel waved to us and ran away.

“Erm… I think I also have to leave…” C.A.P then said and stood up.
“Are you serious? It's not even that late...” ChangJo sighed.

“Mianhae… see you tomorrow!” he also waved and made his way home.

“So… there are just the two of us left…” ChangJo mumbled.

“Yup…”

“Giraffe?” He shoved a giraffe cracker in front of my face.

“Thanks!” smiling, I took it with my mouth. I was sure that this was what heaven feels like.

“Ouh… should we leave again?” ChunJi suddenly laughed behind me. I did not know where he and L.Joe had come from.

“N-no! He just gave me-“ I started to explain the scene.
“Alright, alright… we saw it! You can’t deny anything!” L.Joe laughed, interrupting me.

“Whatever… Where have you two been? Niel was looking for you earlier!” ChangJo changed the topic.

L.Joe and ChunJi looked at us, seeming a bit surprised. “He was?”

“Yeah… but he said he couldn’t find you…”

“I hope so…” L.Joe mumbled and ChunJi immediately turned red.

“Why?” I asked.

L.Joe smiled. “Just because~”

Then a little raindrop landed right on top my nose. I squinted a bit to look at it. ChangJo laughed and wiped the drop away. Right then, the faint growl of thunder was heard. ChunJi and I widened our eyes as both of us were scared of thunderstorms. Slowly, we looked up to the sky.

“Maybe it’s the end of the world...” ChunJi whispered. I gulped loudly.

“Silly… it’s just a thunderstorm!” L.Joe laughed and ruffled ChunJi’s hair. “But we should hurry home so that we won't get wet.”

“Or killed by a lightning…” ChangJo mumbled. I squeaked and hugged his arm out of reflex.

“My house is not far from here… we should go there!” ChangJo then suggested.

“Erm… my place also isn’t… Channie and I will go there.” L.Joe said.

“Okay~ see you tomorrow!”

 

☀️Niel's POV☀️

I ran up and down the hallway next to the door. It was already two minutes past six and C.A.P wasn’t here… Maybe he wasn't planning to come from the start… Maybe he was just making fun of me...

But I sent my parents away just for that! They don’t like going out in the evening so it was hard work to get them out of the house. And if C.A.P didn’t come, it would’ve been for nothing... So he had to come! Aish… already four past six…!

Again, I went to the bathroom to fix my hair for the nth time today. Hastily I tugged here and there but these stupid locks always fell back into their original positions. And then the doorbell rang. OMO he was here!

Head over heals, I ran to the door and opened it, trying to look as cool and casual as possible, leaning against the door frame.

Almost as if there were ice cubes falling out of your pockets, Niel... really...

“Hey, Niel!” C.A.P greeted me with a smile.

“Erm hi… come in…!” I stammered and mentally facepalmed.

End of cool.

“The thunderstorm was really heavy…” he sighed. “Luckily it stopped before I left the house…”

“Y-yes… Thank god...”

C.A.P looked stunning. Almost better than before. He was now wearing light blue jeans and white shirt which was slightly ed. His black hair wasn’t combed and some strands were hanging in his face. I tried hard to not stare at him so I just turned around and ran to the kitchen.

“Wanna drink something? Water? Coke?” I asked.

“Coke sounds great.” he answered and casually leaned against the counter in the middle of the room. How could someone casually lean on a kitchen counter and look so hot doing it?

Of course you can't relate, Niel.

“Erm… sure!” Hastily, I grabbed a glass which I nearly dropped. Then I tore the coke out of the fridge… and nearly every other bottle followed. I quickly stopped all of them from falling, causing the glass to almost slip out of my hand again. As fast as possible, I put the glass and the bottle onto the counter before both of them had to die.

With jittery hands I poured the coke into the class and shoved it over to C.A.P.

“You’re okay?” he asked and took a sip.

“Y-yes! Why?”

“You seem so… nervous!”

“Ouh…” Aish! Everything went wrong! I was shaking like crazy and my heart was pounding faster than usual. . . . .

“Aren’t your parents at home?” C.A.P ripped me out of my thoughts.

“No. They went out... it was completely spontaneous.”

Whoop! That was a cool answer! Keep it up, Niel!

“And… when are they going to come back?” he kept asking.

“I don’t know… maybe they’ll be here around midnight or later…”

“Cool!” C.A.P mumbled.

Cool? He thought it was cool to be alone? Or did he just not want to meet my parents? Right! That must be it! I would’ve had to introduce him to them and that’s always super awkward.

And we would’ve had to stay in my room… which would’ve been a problem because…?

Because of more than 20 stuffed animals inside your bed?!

Ah, right…

C.A.P reached over the counter and poked my shoulder with his index finger. “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing special, actually…”

“Tell me!” he commanded. I really had to stop thinking so oviously!

“No!”

“If you won’t tell me, I’ll leave!” he threated and smiled cockily.

“Pabo~!” I hissed. “I… I just thought about why you would think that it’s cool that my parents aren’t home and then I counted… erm… no… I didn’t count anything!” Phew~ that was close! I really was about to tell him that I mentally counted my stuffed animals and well… that would’ve seemed strange…

It IS strange…!

“And you’re thinking again…” C.A.P complained with a sigh.

“Mianhae!” I mumbled. Aish! That was so extremely embarrassing!

“I think I know how I can get you to stop thinking so much…” he them mumbled. Smirking, he walked around the counter so that he was standing on my side of the kitchen.

I looked at him with widened eyes. What was his plan?

Gently, he put his hand on my cheek, leaned closer and pressed his lips against mine…


What a long update... o.O Hope it's not too boring to have the same situations just in another POV...

 

Also I wanted to say that I'm going on holiday so I won't be able to upload the next two weeks. Mianhae~

but I promise to write another long chappie when I come back ;)

Thanks for reading, subscribing, upvoting... and PLEASEEEE~ comment! I'm happy about every single comment! <3

~IHaveRuinedMyLife :)