01 Bad influence

Crazy summer

☀️Niel’s POV☀️

 

So... that was the end of our vacations… Aish!

The sun was burning everything on earth while I was walking to school. Yaaay~ I love the heat of summer. (No, I’m not serious with that!)

“Hey Niel, why so down?” someone suddenly shouted behind me. I turned around to see my friends ChunJi and L.Joe were running towards me… well… ChunJi was running and L.Joe was walking slowly behind him.

“It’s already that hot though the school didn’t even start yet!” I mumbled as both of them were walking next to me.

“Right… it isn’t even 8am but it's already like 30 degrees…” L.Joe stated. ChunJi, who was walking between us, laid his arms around our shoulders, letting out an optimistic sigh.

“How about hanging out at the lake today?” he suggested. L.Joe and I nodded in sync and ChunJi smiled widely.

 

As we arrived at school, we agreed on meeting up at lunch break before our ways parted right behind the front door and I went to my class alone.

“Nielie!!!!” Ricky nearly jumped onto me as he greeted me.

“Annyeong~” I smiled at him and gave him a hug. We didn’t have a chance to see each other during vacations and I really missed that bubbly best friend of mine.

“You have to tell me a loooooot about your vacations and everything~” he sang while we were walking towards a desk in the third row which he seemed to have  already reserved for us. Perks of having a friend who's always early.

“And I wanna know about yours.” I said while sitting down, looking around the familiar room. Do you know that feeling of being back in school after vacations and already forgetting that you have been gone for weeks? Such a stupid feeli- I stopped wallowing in self-pity as soon as someone caught my eye. A new boy was standing next to the teacher, talking to him. My eyes widened, scnanning him from head to toe. He was tall and muscular and... God, please tell me that this handsome guy is going to be our new classmate~

In that moment, the bell rang and everybody hurried to sit down except for the teacher and the boy standing in front of the class.

“Good morning, class! I hope everyone had enjoyable vacastions and is now freshly recovered for another year full of great experiences..."

What an optimistic start!

"… First I want to introduce a new classmate to you. His name is Bang MinSoo!”

“C.A.P! Please call me C.A.P, everyone! Nice to meet you!” the tall, muscular and handsome boy said in a deep voice that crawled right under my skin, smiled brightly and bowed a bit. Some girls behind me were giggling. I could relate... a bit.

C.A.P, now looking at him again...

and not just staring at his biceps,

I realized that he was, indeed, wearing a black snapback. So that was probably the reason. Okay.

“So C.A.P, you can sit over there, next to Jonghyun.” the teacher said, pointing at an empty seat in the back row.

“It’s ChangJo!” the boy sitting next to it protested.

“Okay! C.A.P you can sit over there next to ChangJo! You kids with your nicknames…” the teacher bleated and sat down on his chair. My eyes followed C.A.P walking to the back of the room before plunging onto his chair.

“That seat should be mine!” Ricky pouted bringing me back to reality.

“You should’ve just asked ChangJo… I’m sure he would've let you sit next to him. He’s a nice guy…” I whispered still glancing at C.A.P every now and then.

I'm sure nobody noticed, Niel. He's just sitting in the back row while you're sitting in the freaking third one! But okay, just go on looking like a damn owl.

“Tsss… as if I was able to talk to Mr. Walking !” Ricky hissed at me.

It has been like that for one or two years now… ever since Ricky noticed that he’s more into boys than girls. First and foremost into ChangJo, whom he called  “Hotness in person” or “Mr. Walking ” secretly. But sadly he couldn’t bring himself to confess or at least talk to him… Instead, poor Ricky kept swooning over him all the time.

“Ah Ricky, I nearly forgot to ask you if you want to hang out with ChunJi and L.Joe at the lake today.” I suddenly remembered, finally able to tear my eyes away from the boys in the back row.

“Of course! Sun and lake sounds like heaven.” he agreed happily.

 

💦 After school, 2pm, at the lake

 

Ricky, ChunJi and I were sitting on the little beach being located between the forest behind us and the lake in front of us. It’s always kind of private here since there were barely any people who knew about this place. Or if they did, they just didn't want to spend their time with a group of teenagers. So for us it was the best place to hang out in summer.

“By the way… L.Joe told me he’s going to bring some friends… He said they’re in your homeroom class and apparently, one of them is new in town…” ChunJi suddenly broke the silence while drawing something in the sand.

“C.A.P??” I squeaked in a high pitched voice, feeling my heartbeat increasing by approximately twice its speed.

Calm your , Niel... please. 

“ChangJo??” Ricky screamed just one second later, dropping the zoo animal cracker he was about to eat.

ChunJi stopped drawing and looked at us with a confused expression. “May…be?!”

That’s impossible! AAAH! I nearly had a mental breakdown. I wasn’t ready to meet C.A.P yet! Not now! Not outside of school! It was too soon! But… why should L.Joe know him? He’s just a new student of… many others… but he said he’s in our class and L.Joe was talking to ChangJo once in a while and ChangJo was sitting next to C.A.P this morning and-

“Hey guys!” L.Joe called as he was running down the path towards us. “I brought C.A.P and ChangJo. But… I think you guys know each other since you’re in the same homeroom class…” So… he did know him…! Aish! I nodded slowly, not taking my eyes away from C.A.P.

Niel you're being obvious again.

“Hey... uhm... Can we talk?” L.Joe then said to ChunJi who jumped up immediately, brushing some sand off his .

“Yup!” he then mumbled and they were gone in the speed of light. So… there we were sitting… Ricky, his Mr. Walking , C.A.P and I… alone… and it was hot. The weather I mean.

Yeah, the weather.

“Woah! It’s so hot today!” ChangJo sighed through my thoughts and took off his wife beater as if it wasn't that much of a big deal. I glanced over to Ricky whose face lost all its color. It was very much of a big deal for him. He was just starring at ChangJo’s sixpack… Poor Ricky.

C.A.P, who was also wearing a black wife beater, sat down next to me. I took a deep breath to focus on my humble self.

I was wearing a simple t-shirt but I felt like sticking inside of a skiing suit. Why wasn't I wearing such a light wife beater?

Because you don’t have any muscles, Niel… you'd look like a pool noodle with a shirt.

...

I should start working out!

But then again… it’s tiring and I’d sweat too much… Also, I'd have to buy a cool wife beater that doesn't look like my grandpa's undershirt and that’s probably expensive… And maybe I'd have to stop eating chocolate then…

Aaah… truthfully speaking, I think that skiing suits suit me very well.

I took another unconspicious glance at C.A.P… ! That’s what I call y muscles… I quickly turned my head away and tried to calm down my suddenly heavy breathing self.

Stop staring, Niel! Your gay is showing again... Wait... are you even-

“Niel? You wanna come with us?” ChangJo suddenly, asked ripping me out of my thoughts again.

“Where?” I wondered.

“Water?! Swimming?! Splish splash?!”

“No… I mean yes but…” I stuttered “Shall I look for L.Joe and ChunJi first? I’m sure they also wanna swim…”

Actually, I really wanted to dive into the fresh water but… that would've meant taking off my shirt in front of C.A.P and that I wanted to avoid desperately… but just sitting here while watching them splashing in the water would've made me look like a ceep…

I needed some space right now! Time to think without having C.A.P sitting next to me, being tall and muscular and handsome...

“Okay… then… we’ll go…” ChangJo mumbled and took Ricky’s wrist, pulling him to the lake. C.A.P also stood up aaand took off his wife-beater. That one had to come. I sat there like turned into stone staring at his sixpack… omo… OMO! Ricky, how did you survive that moment earlier?

“Wait, I'm coming.” he said. My eyes immediately wandered back up to his face which was also extremely hot. He smiled a killer smile at me and made his way into the water.

I jumped up as soon as I got back at least half of my composure and ran to the little forest. Oh ! Hopefully C.A.P didn’t notice that I was staring at his body!

He most probably did.

Pabo… of course he noticed! It was too obvious! AAH! Why did he even have to be so hot? Why did I have to think that he’s that hot? And since when I’m attracted to guys? Maybe that’s Ricky’s bad influence… AISH!

Niel... how do I break it to you... that's not how that wo-

And why did C.A.P even have to be hot when he’s around me? Why couldn’t he be hot somewhere else? Why couldn’t he be hot in his kitchen? Or in my bedroom?

WOAH! Okay, stop it, Niel! No phantasies classmates that you've just met!

I stomped further into the forest with quite aggressive steps as I tried to get rid of the picture of a , sweating and forbidden hot C.A.P hovering over me.

Just think about something normal like… cars.

Okay so… what kind of car did I want to get after getting my driving license? Maybe an old one… which is already a bit damaged… then I’d call… C.A.P and he can repair it while wearing a ripped wife beater… with oil spilled over it… over his whole body… ARGH! I bit my lower lip.

Anygays...

While imagining hot with C.A.P on the hood of a shabby car, I went through the forest, trying to find L.Joe and ChunJi…

That was when suddenly, I heard someone giggling. Confused by the sound, I looked around just to see that there was no one. I made some more steps but immediately stopped again when I finally spotted my friends.

They were sitting next to each other in the grass, looking at each other. I quickly hid behind a tree and watched them in secret from afar.

There wasn't much space between these two… no space to be exact! L.Joe had his arm draped around ChunJi’s shoulder, smiling at him. Then he said something which caused ChunJi to giggle again. Slowly, L.Joe reached out his other hand and cupped ChunJi’s cheek. He then pulled him closer, carefully, until… their lips connected. I stopped breathing, not yet able to tear my eyes away, even though I knew I had to.

Damn right, Niel. Damn right.

The kiss got visibly deeper and L.Joe pushed ChunJi back to crawl above him. His kisses wandered down his chin… his neck… and ChunJi let out a soft moan. L.Joe’s hand was wandering down then, reaching for ChunJi’s belt…

I quickly turned around, leaning against the tree while staring at other trees with widened eyes. So… there was something going on between them… and in that moment I could tell what exactly was going on… to say I was shocked would've been an understatement.

Careful not to be noticed by the to lovebirds, I tiptoed away and headed back to the others.

“Hey Niel! Where have you been? What took you so long?” ChangJo called while balancing Ricky on his shoulders. So Ricky finally managed to get in contact with his crush… lucky boy.

“Didn’t you want to get L.Joe and ChunJi?” he asked before being dropped back into the water by ChangJo.

“I didn’t find them!” I lied after Ricky stopped screaming and sat down into the sand, next to C.A.P who was lying there, enjoying the sun.

Still shocked I couldn't even bring myself to look at him. Instead, I stared the sand and my toes to death.

“Everything okay?” C.A.P suddenly asked and sat up as well.

“Ne! Everything’s fine.” I said shortly.

C.A.P smiled at that. “Well, then…” He leaned back again, supporting himself on his forearms and closed his eyes.

So… if ChunJi and L.Joe were having a secret relationship… and Ricky succeeded in confessing his feelings to ChangJo and the other liked him back… then I’d still be alone and…

“C.A.P?” I asked without thinking about the consequences of him actually hearing it.

“Yup?”

“Do... do you want to come over to my house this evening? Maybe around six…”

...

Omo… did I just ask that?

Yes you did, Niel.

. . . . . . He's gonna say no! I’m 100% sure! He’s gonna think I’m completely stupid! Pabo, Niel!!! Most probably he won’t even talk to me anymore! That’s so embarrassing!!! . . .

C.A.P opened his eyes and looked at me. “Sure! Why not?”

“Ah~ I knew you would reject me… I mean… We barely know each other… why should you come over to my house already? I don’t even know why I asked you… stupid idea… and…”

Niel...

C.A.P suddenly started laughing. Why was he laughing? What was so funny? Did I have something in my face?

“Niel… I said yes!” C.A.P chuckled.

“Oh… erm… yes… I know…” Embarrassing. Embarrassing. Embarrassing. Embarrassing. Embarrassing.

“Want some zoo animal crackers?” Ricky suddenly asked smiling.


First chappie~

thanks for reading <3

and please, please, please, please, please comment your opinion about it~ I wanna know it ;)

also feel free to upvote and subscribe <3

 

~IHaveRuinedMyLife :)