The Farewell

Blue Moon

I felt lifeless on Xiumin shoulder.  He is quiet too.  Conversation doesn’t seem to fit.  We kept to ourselves.  I guess he also worried abaout his brothers.  His face didn’t show any emotion.  But I could feel his agony and helplessness.  He have to leave his family behind to safe me.   It’s hurt me and it’s hurt more when I think that they are in this situation because of me.  I whine silently.  Xiumin slow his strike.  We both took a deep breath.

 

   Xiumin brought me safely to their mansion.  Xiumin put me down.   My leg give way,  I nearly fall.  He caught me.  He let me to a chair in the living room.  He left and return with a glass of water. 

 

“Drink it, you need it”,  he said.  “Oh, thank you”,  I thanked him.  I took a sip and walk to the window.

 

   It was dark outside.  A little light escape through the leaves.  There are unnatural breeze.  The wind ruffle the leaves.  My eyes search for a glimpse of Sehun and the other's.

 

   I was still standing near the window when I heard the leaves being step.  Xiumin stand close.  His eyes searching the sound.   He’s breathing hard. 

 

   Suddenly, we saw shadow.   They have return.   I saw Sehun walking slowly behind Baekhyun.  I run past Lay and his other two brothers  to reach Sehun.  I jump and hug him tight.  Glad. 

   “You’re safe!!  I’m so worried!!!”  He hug me back. 

    I snuggle into his chest.  Somehow I cannot let go of him.  After what happen tonight,  I think I will cling to Sehun 24/7,  if I can.

Tao walk past by us.  Both of us turn and gaze at him.  He look innocent hugging his panda bear.  One of his panda bear leg has blood stain.  Myungsoo's blood.  I shiver.  Sehun hold me tighter.  I’m glad he’s one of the brothers.

 

   We walk to the mansion, holding hand when we heard a long howling.  We stop and look at each other.  Sehun turn and squeeze my hand.  I start to tremble.  It’s not the end with Kim Myungsoo but it’s the beginning.  What will happen to us?  The questions terrified me.

 

 

   The next morning,  Sehun wait for me at my gate.  His face was wrong.  There was something buried in his eyes that I couldn’t be sure of – and it scared me.  I didn’t want to bring up last night.  He open the gate for me.  We walked in silence.  There were so many questions I wanted to ask but it can wait.  I want to enjoy his company.  It’s been a long time since we walk together.  I caught his hand and hold on to it.

 

   Our day together went by so fast.  I have uneasy feeling.  Sehun seem to be different.  I can’t read his expression.  “Come to my house tonight”, he said before we wave good bye.

 

   When I arrived, all of them were sitting in the living room.  Sehun stand and took my hand.  He let me to their library.  It must be important.  I’m confuse.  “We have to leave”, he began.  “We...you mean us?”, I was surprise.  “No, me and my brothers”.  You heard the howling last night, the Kim clan knew about their alpha and they are going to take revenge.  We can’t be here.  If we stay, you will be in danger and every one will know about us and the werewolves”.

   I choke.  “Leave....where?”  “We have to let our sense disappear so we not sure where we’ll end up”.  My knees must have started to shake, because the furniture were suddenly wobbling.  His voice sounded further away. 

 

   He smiled gently.  “Don’t worry.  You’re human – your memory is no more than a sieve.  Time heals all wounds for your kind”.

 

“And your memories?” I asked.

 

“Well” – he hesitated for a short second, “I won’t forget....”

 

   My tears start to roll.  Sehun  wipe it away.  “Don’t cry.  I want to see your smile”.

 

   Sehun take out something from his pocket and wear it on my neck.  “It’s couple necklace.  I bought it for you, please remember me sometime”,  Sehun said.

 

    I cried again and hug him tightly. 

 

   “Don’t leave me.  Please stay”, I begged him like a child.

 

   “I’m sorry,  I can’t stay.  Please understand!”, He said.  He caressed my hair and kiss my forehead.  “Don’t do anything reckless or stupid”, he remind me.

 

   His brothers ready to leave, when we walk out of the library.  I hold Sehun's hand tight. 

 

“Take care, Seira”., Lay whisper as he slipped out the door.  Suho just wave his hand.  Baekhyun hug me and said, “Good bye, my princess.  I will always remember your beautiful eyes”.  Sehun kick his and ask him to go in the car.  Xiumin gave a slight smile. 

   Tao walk out the front door without another glance in my direction.  But Sehun was at my side.

 

   He caught me up in his iron grip, crushing me to him.  He seemed unaware of his watching family as he pulled my face to his, lifting my feet off the floor.  For the shortest second, his lips were icy and hard against mine.  He set me down, still holding my face, his glorious eyes  burning into mine. 

 

“I love you”, I said.  My heart burns. 

 

   A wave of pain washed over my head.  I cried and with shaky legs, ignoring the fact that my action was useless, I followed their car.  I walked forward without thinking...I know the last glimpse of his face will haunt me until we meet again.

 

Someday...


 

At last I updated! Sorry for the wait. I'm really sorry! This is the second last chapter T.T