Chapter Two

The Doctor's Singer

Arrving at the condo, Chanyeol parks (AN: haha, what a pun), and looks over at his uninvited passenger. 

Chanyeol growls still mildly irritated.

"Hey Brat! Wake the hell up already!" 

Coming out of his sleep, Baekhyun sits up slowly yawing and looks over at Chanyeol. 

"Who the hel-," Baekhyun stops short remembering the nights events. 

"Oh right. Uh, where are we?"

"My condo. Now get out of my car so I can patch you up and get you out of my hair already."

"Pushy," Baekhyun grumbles getting out of the car. 

Chanyeol walks toward his home and unlocks his door, waving Baekhyun in.

Baekhyun looks around and marvels at the plain condo. He decides it's rather nice. A great contrast to the large penthouse suite he lives in. He likes the contrast of colors the apartment holds, ranging from blues and soft greens to reds and yellows. Baekhyun then notices the posters of BTS and 2NE1 lining the walls.

This irritates him a little.

"How the hell can he have these and not know who I am?" Baekhyun thinks, childishly angry. 

"Hey! Sit on that couch," Chanyeol says pointing at the sectional, snapping Baekhyung out of his thoughts.

"And DON'T touch anything. I'm going to go and get the first aid kit. Call whoever you need to come and get you in the meantime."

As Chanyeol walks away, Baekhyun shrugs and pulls out his cell phone and dials his manager.

The pickup is immediate.

"BAEKHYUN! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! I ALMOST DIED. YOU'RE LUCKY SECURITY GOT THEM ALL AWAY." 

"Oh hyung, don't be so dramatic. Everything worked out. Oh, as for where I am, I'm in some neighborhood by...uh. I don't really know."

"Baekhyun," Joonmyun seethes, "How do you NOT know where you are?!"

"Uh you see, I got into this car with a stranger and I fell asleep on the way here...Oh yeah, I'm in a condo though!

"YOU WHAT? Baekhyun do you forget your status as an idol? People WILL take advantage of you if they can! Are you that much of an idiot to ride with a stranger AND fall asleep?!"

"Hyung it's okay! This guy is harmless...I think. He's a doctor hyung. He yells a lot and seems overly cranky but...oh! This guy has no idea who I am! Which hurts hyung! Am I not that popular," Baekhyun whines.

"Baekhyun, now's not the time. What are you still doing there then?"

"Oh! He offered to help patch me up cause Usain Bolt's mentee scratched me a little too roughly. Annnd I have no way to get home so..uh hyung can you come get me?"

"Usain Bolt's..." Joonmyun sighs tiredly. "I'm coming to get you. Can you ask for the address?"

Coming back at the perfect moment, Chanyeol walks back in with the kit.

"Hey, Chanyeol-ssi, what's the address?"

"2234 Winter's Lane"

"Hey hyung it's-"

"I heard Baekhyun. I'm coming." Joonmyun hangs up. 

"Such a rude hyung...Didn't even say goodbye," Baekhyun grumbles staring at the phone.

"Hey Brat, turn sideways so I can fix your arm."

"Hey, I'm not a brat! I'm twenty-five!" Baekhyun pouts but turns anyways.

"A twenty-five year old pouting BRAT. I'm twenty-five. At least I act like an adult," Chanyeol says pouring anestetic on a cotton ball before dabbing it on Baekhyun's wound. 

"! Take it easy with that! That stings!" Baekhyun complains flinching. "And when's your birthday then?"

"November," Chanyeol states shortly, concentrating.

"HAH! I'm older! I was born in May! I'm your hyung" Baekhyun shouts feeling victorious. 

Chanyeol pauses and stares at Baekhyun in disbelief. No way he was calling this brat hyung. The brat may be twenty-five but in his head he acted like he was five. 

"Sit still," Chanyeol says rather than humor Baekhyun in conversation.

Chanyeol goes back to concentrating and begins wrapping Baekhyun's arm. Taking the opportunity, Baekhyun decides to study Chanyeol. Aside from all the yelling he does and the grumpiness, Baekhyun doesn't find Chanyeol all that bad. He notices Chanyeol's face is very baby-like despite the deep voice he has, but not unpleasant. His hair is a rich, golden brown color and he has really round eyes. He also realizes Chanyeol is really tall. Tall...like a tree. And his ears are huge! Like ...Yoda!

Baekhyun giggles.

"What's funny? And quit staring at me," Chanyeol deadpans.

"Pff, no one was staring, " Baekhyun says looking away, moderately embarrassed.

They sit in awkward silence as Chanyeol finishes wrapping Baekhyun's arm. A knock at the door ensues and Chanyeol gets up from kneeling down and walks to open the door revealing Joonmyun.

"Uh, is Baekhyun here?"

"Yes," Chanyeol says relieved. "PLEASE take this brat out of here. Are you his hyung?"

"I'm not a brat!" Baekhyun yells from behind Chanyeol. 

"I'm his mana-uhh.., yes. I'm his hyung. I'll take the brat out of your hands then."

"I'M NOT A BRAT!"

Chanyeol and Joonmyun both ignore Baekhyun's outburts. 

"Let's go Baekhyun, " Joonmyun says turning around to walk back to the car, ready for this night to be over. 

About to walk out, Baekhyun stops at the door and looks up at Chanyeol with a grateful smile. 

"Uhh. Thanks for letting me jump in your car. And for patching me up. uhh, yeah."

"I didn't let you jump in my car," Chanyeol corrects, but welcomes the change in attitude. "You're welcome anyways I guess."

Baekhyun nods and walks out before turning around again. 

"Well, Bye tree-dongsaeng!" Baekhyun yells back laughing.

"T-t-tree?! Who you calling tree short ?!" Chanyeol yells. 

Realizing Baekhyun was already out of ear shot, Chanyeol growls for the nth time of the night and slams the door shut. 

Sighing, Chanyeol decides he's now completely worn out and wants to go to bed. Being at work all day AND dealing with Baekhyun was mentally and physically taxing. Baekhyun was a child one moment, in the next he was cursing like a sailor, and in the next was smiling.

Chanyeol supposes his moods are also all over the place, but at least he wasn't a brat.

Making his way to his bedroom, he walks into the master bathroom and washes up and changes into pajamas before lying down for bed. 

As he dozes off, Chanyeol thinks back on the odd night. He decides that this was probably the most exciting night he has had in a while. Even if Baekhyun was annoying. 


As Joonmyun pulls up to Baekhyun's suite, Baekhyun sighs. 

"Joonmyun hyung, can I get a condo like Chanyeol's?"

"Baekhyun," Joonmyun says tiredly, "What's wrong with your penthouse?"

"It's too extravgant hyung! No one lives here but me! I want something more simple! And homey! Plus fans would never guess I lived in a plain condo!"

Joonmyun sighs and thinks it over for a sec. Maybe he'll behave better if he offers him this one reprieve. 

"Fine Baekhyun. Find one and we'll move you in I guess. You'd find some way to get one anyway even if I was against it," Joonmyun grumbles.

"YAYYYYY! I'll go look now," Baekhyun yells running out of the car into his suite.

Joonmyun sighs for the nth time. Baekhyun's lucky they have been friends for ages or he never would have agreed to being his manager. 

Joonmyun drives off going home and Baekhyun excitedly runs into his suite to look for a new place to live. 

Scrolling through multiple sites displaying condos, Baekhyun stops at one side that looks promising.

Scolling down the options, Baekhyun comes across somewhere quite..interesting.

A large grins comes across Baekhyun's face.

"Well hello 2235 Winter's Lane," Baekhyun says gleefully. 


*A.N: Well this was updated faster than I planned! But I hope it's okay! I'll update again soon. More to come from Baekhyun and Chanyeol!

eesh.gif