Chapter Five

The Doctor's Singer

Immediately after the end of the explosive concert, Jongin and Kyungsoo drive Chanyeol back to his condo for the night. 

Pulling up to the condo, Kyungsoo turns around in his seat to talk to Chanyeol, smiling hard, still feeling the effects the concert had on him.

"So did you enjoy Byun B Yeol?" Kyungsoo asks excitedly. 

Still shocked and a bit dazed, Chanyeol slowly turns to Kyungsoo, realizing he is addressing him and they've reached his home.

Snapping out of his stupor, Chanyeol simply nods his head, not fully comprehending what Kyungsoo asked. 

"Oh he enjoyed him alright Soo," Jongin says smirking. "You should have seen the expression he had on his face during the whole concert. I think someone has found his new idol crush!"

Realizing what Kyungoo must have asked, Chanyeol blushes, the tips of his ears turning red in embarrassment. 

"I don't have a crush on him! I just..I was just surprised is all, " Chanyeol says exiting the car. 

"Whatever you say Yeol, " Kyungsoo teases. "See you at work on Monday, lover boy!" Kyungsoo yells out as he and Jongin drive away laughing.

Chanyeol shakes his head at the two and enters his condo.

Sitting down on his couch, he leans forward and puts his head in his hands.

More than anything, Chanyeol hadn't expected what happened tonight. To find out that the same annoying brat that lived next door was also a popular idol was highly mind boggling. 

Chanyeol feels silly as he remembers all the things that should have alerted him to the fact that Baekhyun was anything but an ordinary person.

The first night he met Baekhyun, Baekhyun was running from a pursuing mob of crazed fans that was chasing him.

He remembers the funny get up Baekhyun had on in the grocery store and realizes that, that makes a lot more sense now as well, since as an idol, it's hard to simply just roam around.

From Baekhyun moving in next to him so quickly because of "connections", to mentioning that he doesn't get a lot of time to talk to his family, Chanyeol feels like an idiot for not noticing. 

He then thinks back to the concert. Baekhyun had been ...for lack of a better word, stunning.

Contrast to the Baekhyun he's dealt with, Baekhyun, or Byun B, on stage was mesmerizing, from his kohl lined eyes, to his messily styled hair, to his melodious voice.

That voice.

Baekhyun's voice was sweet and crisp and had more of an effect on him than Chanyeol would like to admit. 

Thinking about all of this, Chanyeol can't help but wonder why Baekhyun didn't tell him the truth instead of blaming all the strange happenings on the fact that he was good looking. Not that he wasn't good looking or anything, Chanyeol knew on some level that Baekhyun's stories had to have a different answer because being chased down for simply being good looking was strange.

Knowing there is only one way to find out, Chanyeol decides to confront Baekhyun about it the next time his neighbor decides to show up home. 


Back at the arena, Baekhyun makes his way off the stage and heads back to his dressing room to change into more comfortable attire. Baekhyun changes into plain jeans and tennis shoes and opts for a plain white t-shirt, then goes to wipe his face, ridding himself of the kohl and make up he has on.

As his finishes his task, Joonmyun walks into the dressing room, along with Baekhyun's main bodyguard, Zitao. 

"You did exceptionally well tonight Baek," Joonmyun says softly. "I'm really proud of all the hard work you put in for today. You finally get that long week of rest that you have been craving for."

Baekhyun sighs and smiles tiredly. "Thank you hyung. I couldn’t have done this without all your support."

After his short days of rest, Baekhyun worked really hard practicing the days before the concert to make sure everything was perfect. He wanted to make sure to put on a great show for his fans that stayed with him and supported him for so long, even when he wasn't as popular when he first debuted two years ago.

The past few days consisted of him waking very early in the morning, practicing and getting things set up all day with his manager, and then returning to his condo late in the night. He is, admittedly very tired, but he believes his hard work definitely paid off tonight. 

"I have the security team waiting outside for you to you out, sir," Zitao says bowing.

Baekhyun chuckles. "Now what have I said about calling me sir Zitao? Just Baekhyun remember?"

The blonde haired man smiles and nods, escorting Baekhyun and Joonmyun out of the room.

Waving goodbye to each other, Baekhyun and Joonmyun get escorted by security to their respective cars that will take them separately to each of their homes.

Arriving at his condo, Baekhyun tiredly exits his car, bidding his driver goodbye, and walks towards his home.

"Baekhyun-ssi."

Startled, Baekhyun turns his head towards the voice and sees his neighbor leaning over the railing next door. 

"Oh Tree-dongsaeng! What are you doing standing out here so late?" 

"Can we..talk?"

Surprised at Chanyeol's tone, Baekhyun nods curious. 

Waving him into his apartment, Baekhyun walks over and into Chanyeol's apartment, Chanyeol shutting the door behind him. 

Walking into the living room, Baekhyun and Chanyeol both sit on the couch, one on each end, facing each other. There's a short silence before Baekhyun, overly curious, decides to break it.

"So, um. What did you need to talk to me about?"

Scratching the back of his head, Chanyeol speaks.

"Well. Tonight I got invited by my friends to attend a concert at the arena downtown.."

Baekhyun visibly tenses, something that doesn't go unnoticed by Chanyeol. Chanyeol continues speaking.

"I didn't really know who the concert was for, considering I had never heard of the artist, but to my surprise, when I looked up on stage and saw a very different looking man, but a man I knew none-the-less on stage, I just wanted to know.." Chanyeol says trailing off.

Baekhyun sighs knowing Chanyeol's question already. Somewhere in his mind, he knew that Chanyeol would find out about what he did for a living. He just really hoped it wouldn't be this soon.

"You want to know why I decided to keep that information from you."

Chanyeol only nods, and indication for Baekhyun to continue speaking. Baekhyun looks down and sighs again.

"At first, when I had jumped in your car a week ago and you said you didn't know who I was, I decided not to tell you then because at the time, I thought it would be less stressful if you didn't know. Most people don't exactly treat idols like normal human beings. I further decided not to tell you when Joonmyun, who is my manager by the way, warned me that someone could take advantage of me if they knew who I was. So I decided to continue to keep what I did for a living quiet. After actually having a conversation with you, a real one, I just decided not to tell you because being around you was nice. Normal and despite how much you yell at me, I like talking to you. People either want an autograph or to ask me if I want to do a collaboration or if I want to model for the company...Or worse money..Well you get the point. I don't really have any friends outside of my career. Even Joonmyun, who I've known since I was a child, is a part of my career now. So really, you're the only normal person outside of my career that I interact with."

Chanyeol nods, thinking deeply, taking in the information. "I see."

A brief silence ensues, broken again by Baekhyun.

"So if you want an autograph or something..I can give it to you.."

Chanyeol looks up at Baekhyun, and raises an eyebrow. 

"Well, since you know who I am and all.."

Catching the hint, Chanyeol laughs surprising Baekhyun. Baekhyun's eyebrows furrow, confused. Chanyeol's laugh dies down into a soft chuckle.

"I don't want your autograph or anything from you Baekhyun-ssi."

Confused as ever, Baekhyun tilts his head to the side, staring at Chanyeol.

"You don't?"

"No, I don't. Even knowing who you are, I don't want some annoying brat's autograph laying around my house."

Surprised at the answer, he looks at Chanyeol and sees a playful smirk adorning his face.

Baekhyun laughs, the heavy weight he feels on his chest lifting. Of all the things he expected Chanyeol to say or do, he doesn't expect Chanyeol to brush off his idol status so easily, treating him the same.

Baekhyun is really grateful because aside all the yelling he does, he genuinely wants to be friends with Chanyeol. He wonders if he should have just told Chanyeol from the get go when he first jumped in his car, but decides he'll never know what would have happened. He has to ask though, 

"You won't tell anyone I live here, will you?"

Chanyeol scoffs.

"And let them have to deal with the brat next door? Even I'm not that cruel!"

Baekhyun throws a couch pillow at Chanyeol's head.

"I'm not a brat!!"


 

*AN: Another chapter out! I've been putting chapters out faster than I expected! I really hope you guys are enoying this story.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun's on the way to a true friendship and maybe..something more 

7bb8413bd7e6cc2ad9239dcabfd66fb8.jpg

Well, see you guys next time! And don't forget to leave comments! :)

tumblr_inline_n5kdpxZiz31ql6qbh.gif