Chapter Ten

The Doctor's Singer

"Ready to go Chanyeol-ssi?" Baekhyun asks excitedly, grinning from ear to ear.

It was Sunday, the day Baekhyun was to return to schedule and Chanyeol's fifth day of his forced relaxing vacation.

True to his word, Chanyeol was preparing to go with Baekhyun to his first day back on schedule. Luckily, he convinced the idol to let him have at least have a few days of rest alone before accompanying him around to his activities for the next week and a half. 

Pulling the final loop on his left converse, Chanyeol stands up, nodding to Baekhyun's question, ready to leave.

Still grinning, Baekhyun drags Chanyeol out of his condo, stopping along the way to let him lock his door, before walking up to the car that would transport them for the day. 

"After you," Baekhyun says, gesturing for Chanyeol to enter the van. 

Stepping ahead, Chanyeol opens the van door and slides into the seat, Baekhyun sliding in right behind him. As soon as Baekhyun closes the door, the van takes off, driving to its destination. 

Sitting in the passenger's seat in the front, Chanyeol notices, is Joonmyun, currently scrolling through a list of things on an iPad.

"Good morning hyung!" Baekhyun says cheerily. "You remember Chanyeol right?"

Joonmyun scrolls for a second more before he puts his iPad down in his lap, turning around to converse with the two new passengers in the backseat.

"Ah yes, Chanyeol-ssi. Good morning. I hope Baekhyun hasn't been giving you a lot of trouble living next door?"

Chanyeol looks over at Baekhyun minutely, before shrugging.

Baekhyun honestly wasn't a lot of trouble. He had his moments, but really the idol didn't bother him too much.

Not anymore.

Chanyeol just thinks he has a very...strong personality, for lack of a better description. 

"What's on the schedule today Joonmyun-hyung?" Baekhyun asks curiously, leaning closer to Joonmyun. 

"Sit back and put on your seatbelt Baek," Joonmyun says, before turning around and looking at the iPod again. Baekhyun pouts a little but does as he's told.

"You have a photo-shoot, two actually, one we're heading to now and one later in the day around three. After the first photo-shoot, you have a break in between to have lunch or something, and after the second photo-shoot, you have a fan meet."

"Ah, so much!" Baekhyun says, but not unhappy.

Turning towards Chanyeol, Baekhyun smiles widely again. "Well, we have a long day ahead of us Chanyeol-ssi!" 

Chanyeol looks over at Baekhyun and returns the smile, slightly, but still there. He was actually a little excited to be deviating away from his usual norm of being at work or being at home. He honestly hoped today would be...fun.

Ten minutes later, the trio (and the driver) arrive at a small photo studio in the downtown area of the city.

Exiting the van, the three make their way into the studio before walking down a hall-way into a large, crème colored room. 

"Ah Byun B! There you are!" a soft voice yells from inside the large studio.

A moment later, a short woman walks up to the trio, clad in red high heel pumps, a short, black bob cut and ruby red lipstick.

"Hi Ga-In noona," Baekhyun says, hugging the short woman. 

"You ready BB? I have such a great photo-shoot planned for today!" Ga-In says smiling brightly. "But...Hmm...”

Ga In circles Baekhyun a few times before taking a lock of his hair between her fingers.

"How about a hair color change BB?"

Intrigued, Baekhyun also takes a strand of his hair between his fingers.

"What were you thinking noona?" Baekhyun asks, curiously playing with the lock of his hair.

"You'll see," she says slyly before walking away, gesturing for Baekhyun to follow.

Before he does, he turns back to Chanyeol and Joonmyun. 

"I'm gonna go back with Ga-In noona to get my hair dyed apparently and dress for the shoot. Will you keep Chanyeol company for a bit hyung?" Baekhyun asks Joonmyun.

"Yeah, just go on back Baekhyun."

Smiling, Baekhyun waves at the two before disappearing in the back room where Ga-In went.

"C'mon Chanyeol-ssi, let's sit down till he comes back out." Joonmyun says walking towards the left of the studio.

Nodding, Chanyeol follows Joonmyun to a nearby couch before sitting down. Joonmyun immediately opens his iPad before typing something into it and Chanyeol sits back on the couch, crossing his legs.

Chanyeol is really curious to what Baekhyun will look like after he gets his hair dyed. He might just have a bad imagination, but he can't really imagine Baekhyun with anything but brown hair.

Leaning his head back on the couch, he decides that he will just have to wait to see the results.


"Chanyeol-ssi?"

Chanyeol awakes suddenly to a hand shaking his shoulder gently. Looking towards the owner of the hand, he comes face to face with a now standing Joonmyun. 

"You looked a little uncomfortable sleeping there,” Joonmyun says plainly. 

Chanyeol realizes then the position he fell asleep in. His head was cocked back to the side and if he had slept any longer, he surely would have had a crick in his neck from the bad position. 

"Uhh...thanks."

Joonmyun nods before handing Chanyeol a bottle of water.

"The staff came about five minutes ago and brought us some water while we wait."

Chanyeol nods, taking the water.

"How long did I sleep?"

"Just about thirty-five minutes. Baekhyun should be coming out really soon," Joonmyun says going back to sit in his seat.

Chanyeol nods again, and opens the water, taking a sip before looking over to the back room where Baekhyun walked into.

Upon doing so, Chanyeol almost spits out the water.

Walking out at that moment from the back room is Ga-In and a newly black haired Baekhyun, also dressed by Ga-In for the morning photo-shoot.

Baekhyun's now dark hair is styled partially to the side in a messy fashion. His eyes are lined with dark kohl and he wears a dark puff jack, a shirt around his waist, dark jeans, black fingerless gloves, and black high top shoes. To finish the look, a staff member from the side brings over a striped guitar which Baekhyun takes carefully.

Chanyeol feels his heart speed up in the same way it did the night he first saw Baekhyun transform into Byun B. 

After talking with Ga-In for a second, Baekhyun walks over to Chanyeol and Joonmyun while Ga-In finishes preparations for the shoot.

"Well, what do you guys think?" Baekhyun smiles pointing to his hair, staring at Chanyeol and Joonmyun expectantly. 

"It suits you. I haven't seen you with black hair since we were children, "Joonmyun says complimenting the new, or rather original, color. 

Chanyeol on the other hand says nothing, still staring at Baekhyun intently. Baekhyun looks over at Chanyeol waiting for his opinion, but realizes Chanyeol probably won't say anything. Chanyeol's never complimented him before, so he didn't expect he would now. Baekhyun's smile falters a little, not going unnoticed by Chanyeol. 

"Well, um. I have to go start the shoot so I'll be back in a while," Baekhyun says turning around to walk away.

However, before he can, Chanyeol grabs his wrist. Baekhyun turns around and raises an eyebrow.

"It looks...really good Baek."

Baekhyun's cheeks turn red at the compliment and the nickname and his cute eye smile comes back full force. Baekhyun moves his wrist out of Chanyeol's hold to instead grab Chanyeol's hand.

"Would you like to come and watch the shoot?" Baekhyun asks Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nods, actually smiling back this time. Baekhyun drags Chanyeol over to where the shoot is set up, leaving Joonmyun behind.

Joonmyun watches the two walk away before he shakes his head at the oblivious pair, smirking.


*AN: I got so busy the past few days orz. But Finally, an update :D

Here's what Baekhyun has on for his shoot!

4c4f6e8ftw1dv6z7ba1zhj.jpg?w=812

I really, really loved this shoot ♥

and Baekhyun's eyesmile gets me everytime 

gif-b3.gif

But I'm trying really hard to develop Baekhyun and Chanyeol's relationship naturally. Hopefully it's going okay and I promise fluff soon!

See you guys soon! Don't forget to comment!

tumblr_inline_mm4wveGkes1qz4rgp.gif