Chapter Twelve

The Doctor's Singer

The van arrives very quickly to Joonmyun's large Victorian-like home. Joonmyun quickly opens his door and gets out, moving to open the back door of the van. He immediately moves to unbuckle Chanyeol's seat belt, maneuvering around Chanyeol and Baekhyun's linked hands. Baekhyun softly whimpers, gripping Chanyeol's hand tighter causing Joonmyun to frown.

"B..you have to let go of Chanyeol for now so we can get him some help, ok?" Joonmyun says softly but firm.

Baekhyun sighs sadly and nods his head, letting go of Chanyeol's hand. Joonmyun then turns to look at Chanyeol.

"I know it's just your arm, but are you okay to walk Chanyeol?" Joonmyun asks. 

Chanyeol nods slightly and Joonmyun backs up from the door to allow Chanyeol space to exit the van. 

Still gripping his arm, Chanyeol slowly moves out of the van, eyes still scrunched slightly in pain.

Joonmyun lightly puts his hand on Chanyeol's back and guides him to the front door of his home, a sullen Baekhyun following them. 

"Jongdae?" Joonmyun calls out upon entering the living room of his home. 

"Joon?" A voice calls out from within the house. 

A moment later, a golden-haired man with glasses, dressed in sweatpants and a dark t-shirt walks into the room.

"Joonie~! I feel like I haven't seen you in fore-oh," Jongdae stops once he catches sight of the bleeding man and a gloomy Baekhyun behind Joonmyun. 

Immediately turning professional, Jongdae steps around Joonmyun and approaches Chanyeol.

Lightly placing his hand over Chanyeol's, Jongdae looks up at Chanyeol.

"Is it okay if I take a look?" Jongdae gently asks Chanyeol. 

Not questioning the stranger, Chanyeol nods and removes his hand from the fresh wound and Jongdae immediately goes to inspect the injury. Tsking, Jongdae grabs Chanyeol's hand gently and starts walking towards another part of the house, Baekhyun and Joonmyun in tow. 

They arrive in a small clinic-like room and Jongdae motions for Chanyeol to sit on the stool in the room. He immediately moves to open a cabinet, removing various medical supplies from inside. Leaving some things on the counter, Jongdae walks over to Chanyeol with a spray-mist and a towlette.

"This might hurt a little," Jongdae says gently before spraying the mist lightly on Chanyeols injury.

Chanyeol scrunches his face a little, but makes no sound as the mist hits his injury. Jongdae then uses the towlette to wipe the fresh and dried blood from the still slightly bleeding wound. Jongdae then looks at the injury again and lightly presses his finger around it to get a gist of the damage. 

"It's not a very deep wound, but it is cut pretty jaggedly, which explains why you are in so much pain. It's deep enough for stitches, but you could also go without them, so I'll just patch it up. Regrettably, It's probably going to leave an ugly scar, but some antibiotic should help relieve some of the pain," Jongdae says moving back to the counter to grab gauze, the antibiotic, and medical tape. "I'm Jongdae by the way, Joonie's hot medic boyfriend and Baek's longtime friend," Jongdae says with a smile as he begins patching him up, Joonmyun turning a fine shade of red.

A light silence ensues before curiosity gets the best of Jongdae.

"What happened today, if you all don't mind me asking?"

"It was my fault," Baekhyun says quietly, speaking for the first time since they arrived. 

Jongdae turns towards Baekhyun, question in his eyes, raising an eyebrow.

However, it's not Baekhyun who speaks further. 

"It wasn't his fault," Chanyeol says sharply, but softly.

Joonmyun nods, agreeing. 

"The fans were a little more rowdy today than usual. They broke through security and ended up hurting Chanyeol-ssi, Baek's neighbor and friend," Joonmyun says gesturing towards Chanyeol. "I'll be chatting with Tao a little later about tighter security so something like this doesn't happen again," Joonmyun says. 

Jongdae nods in understanding, putting the last piece of tape on Chanyeol's gauze before standing up straight again.

"You'll be good as new soon," Jongdae says smiling, patting Chanyeol's head before walking over to Baekhyun and enveloping the idol in a hug. "Don't beat yourself up B. You really had no control over the situation, you know?" Jongdae says fondly to his longtime friend. 

Baekhyun makes no move to reply, only lowering his head to stare at his feet. Jongdae simply ruffles Baekhyun's hair before walking over to Joonmyun and kissing him on the cheek before moving his mouth close to his ear.

"I think it's very obvious that we should leave these two to talk, neh," Jongdae whispers in Joonmyun's ear. 

Joonmyun nods and looks again towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the two both quiet with their heads down.

Joonmyun sighs softly, walking out the door with Jongdae behind him. He can only hope that Baekhyun and Chanyeol clear the air between themselves. 


Silence. 

Ten minutes have passed since Jongdae and Joonmyun have left the room.

Still, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are both in their respective places, heads down, silent, deep in thought. 

After a while longer, eventually, both look up at each other, gazes locking. 

"Chanye-"

"Baekhy-"

Both stop giving the other the opportunity to speak. Another quiet minute passes before it's Baekhyun who speaks again. 

"Yeol, I'm so sorry for what happened today," Baekhyun says, voice filled with grief. "I..I just wanted..It's my fault you're hurt," he finishes weakly, putting his head back down. 

In his head, Baekhyun can only imagine Chanyeol hating him after today. The only reason Chanyeol was injured was because he was with him, because he invited Chanyeol to accompany him. How could Chanyeol possibly forgive him?

Baekhyun fears increase drastically when Chanyeol says nothing after he speaks.

Uncharacteristically, Baekhyun feels his eyes well up in tears for the second time that day, sad he was probably going to lose the person who finally made him feel at least a semblance of normal. 

However, before he can further process any more thoughts, he feels arms lightly enfolding him in a warm embrace.

Shocked, Baekhyun tries to lift his head up to look at the face attatched to the arms, but finds a hand gently pushing his head into the crook of a neck and a head resting lightly on top of his. 

"Baek, I'm not mad at you," Baekhyun hears, or more feels, Chanyeol saying. "Didn't you hear what I said earlier? It's not your fault."

"How could it not be my fault?" Baekhyuns questions in frustration, trying to push Chanyeol away. "If I didn't invite you out today, you wouldn't have have gotten hurt, you would be-"

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol says sternly, interrupting the smaller man, tightening his hold. "It was MY decision to agree to accompany you today. No one planned for what happened to happen today, and therefore it's no ones fault, except for the girl's. Stop beating yourself up so much. If I didn't want to come out with you today, I wouldn't have," he finishes softly. 

"But Chanyeol," Baekhyun starts.

"No buts Baek. I'm going to be fine. It's fine."

At that, Baekhyun stops struggling in defeat and quiets.

Despite Chanyeol's words, he stills feels an ache in his chest because of what happened. 

Finally bringing his arms up to hug Chanyeol back, he speaks again. 

"I..can I at least try in some way to make it up to you," Baekhyun asks quietly. "I..please let me do something to make it up to you."

Chanyeol contemplates for a moment before a tiny smile makes his way to his face.

"How about you spend a day assisting me at the hospital when I go back? I could always use some help, and I'm sure Kyungsoo would like to see you again."

"Okay," Baekhyun responds instantly, nodding. "Anything to make up for what happened today." 

"Just don't be a brat all day. You'll scare away all my patients," Chanyeol says jokingly, but in a serious tone.

Baekhyun finally smiles. 


As the very eventful day comes to a close, Baekhyun and Chanyeol finally leave Jongdae's clinic like room and return to the front room of the house where Jongdae and Joonmyun are sitting. Jongdae is the first to notice the two approaching. 

"All better?" Jongdae asks smiling.

Baekhyun nods and smiles back at Jongdae. Chanyeol nods and then scratches the back of his head with his good arm in embarassment. 

"Um, Jongdae-ssi, thank you for patching my arm. I'm a little embarassed to say I'm also a doctor and could have taken care of it and shouldn't have made you go through all the trouble," Chanyeol says meekly. 

Jongdae chuckles and bats his hand at Chanyeol.

"It's really no problem! Glad I could be of service," Jongdae says smiling his trademark kitty smile. 

Chanyeol nods again and smiles back at the kitty-like man. 


A/N*: OMG I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG. PLEASE BUG ME TO UPDATE AT MY TUMBLR: HERE

I know you all must be disappointed in me T_T

But really, school and work just got really busy and hectic and I honestly had no time for anything T_T. But, this semester should be a little easier, so I'm hoping to fit more update time in, as much as possible :D

Thank you all for sticking with me! ^^ I'll see you very soon!! (I PROMISE this time)