Chapter Three

The Doctor's Singer

As the sun beams, peaking through the curtains hanging from the window, Chanyeol awakes blinking sleepily.

Rubbing his eyes and yawning, Chanyeol looks over at the clock on the nightstand and sees that it's a little over eleven. Running a hand through his golden locks, he makes his way out of bed and goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face.

Remembering that it's his day off, he takes a little longer, relishing in the fact that he doesn't have to rush today. As he walks out of the bathroom, Chanyeol suddenly hears the sound of a moving truck backing up coming from outside. Curiosity getting the best of him, he walks into the living room and peaks through the curtain to see what the ruckus is.

"Oh, it looks like someone's finally moving next door," Chanyeol observes.

The place next door to Chanyeol has been empty for quite some time. A really grumpy old man used to live there and Chanyeol hopes that whoever is moving next door to him is nicer.

Knowing he has no other plans for the day, Chanyeol goes back to his room and changes into a casual pair of dark skinny jeans and a plain t-shirt before going to introduce himself and ask his new neighbor, or maybe neighbors, if he or she needs any help with moving in. 

Walking out of the front door, Chanyeol sees who he guesses is his neighbor. He's turned the opposite direction talking animatedly to one of the movers. 

"He seems oddly familiar," Chanyeol thinks, squinting to maybe see the person clearer.

His neighbor is a little short, but not overly so. He has dark brown hair with flecks of golden brown in random places. He's wearing a light grey pullover with dark skinny jeans and grey converse. Chanyeol decides to approach the short man and puts on an easy smile.

"Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol. I saw you moving in and wanted to kno-"

Chanyeol stops short as his new neighbor turns around and his face immediately changes to one of horror.

"Tree-dongsaeng!" his new neighbor exclaims, "Guess what! I'm moving into the condo right next to yours! Isn't this great?!"

"Baekhyun-ssi," Chanyeol mutters dreadfully. 

Chanyeol honestly never expected to see Baekhyun again. Though his night last night with Baekhyun was.."exciting" as he labeled it, he really didn't have a real desire to see the troublesome man again. 

Chanyeol halts his thoughts, furrowing his eyebrows confused about something.

"How could you have possibly decided to move here AND buy the condo AND move in overnight?! That's impossible!"

"Oh well, you see I have many connections, my tree-dongsaeng!" Baekhyun says cheerfully. "It wasn't hard to get the real estate agency to allow me to move in right away!"

Chanyeol sighs already feeling weariness creeping into his system.

"Of all the places you decide to move, why here?" Chanyeol asks desperately.

"Oh that's easy! I really didn't have a specific place in mind, but I was looking online and saw this place open and voila! I recognized the address as being the one my precious tree-dongsaeng lived next to and I HAD to move here! It's going to be much more homey and nice, unlike the penthouse suite I lived in. Plus even though you yell a lot and are grumpy, I think you'll be a great neighbor!"

Chanyeol growls. "I'm not your tree-dongsaeng! I'M NOT A TREE. And why on earth would you leave a penthouse suite to live somewhere like this?"

Baekhyun shrugs. 

"Like I said, it will be homier here! It gets lonely at my suite and here I'll actually have neighbors! The realtors said everyone who lives in these condos are a little old, well except you, but that's okay!"

Chanyeol stares blankly at Baekhyun. Of all the people to move in next to him, it had to be the insane man who jumped in his car. 

Already feeling tired for the day, Chanyeol turns around and makes his way back to his home. 

"Hey, where are you going?!' Baekhyun yells to Chanyeol's retreating back.

Chanyeol turns briefly. "To my condo. I may have to live next to you but I don't have to make conversation," Chanyeol says, continuing on to his condo.

"Aww don't be like that!" Baekhyun pouts. "We'll be best buddies before you know it!"

Chanyeol growls, something he seems to be doing a lot more of lately, and slams the door to his condo closed.

"Best buddies my , "Chanyeol mutters.


"Ah, it's perfect!" Baekhyun says as he finishes putting the last painting on his wall. 

He steps back and eyes over his new condo. He had his manager order him a new set of furniture to go better with his new condo. Baekhyun went with an earthy feel, ranging from beige colors to dark greens. 

Baekhyun already feels much happier here. Being an idol, everyone expects him to live in luxury. For a while, Baekhyun believed this as well, but soon enough, he missed the homey feeling of a normal home. 

Don't get him wrong, he likes being an idol. Loves it even. But sometimes Baekhyun misses the old days where he would curl up at home with his family and sing songs just for them. Sometimes his packed schedules can be really tiring and Baekhyun thinks coming home to someplace that feels more like home will makes things just a little bit better.

Baekhyun's phone then beings to ring.

"Hello?" Baekhyun answers. 

"Baekhyun, did the move in go smoothly?"

"Oh Joonmyun hyung! Everything went really well. You picked all the colors I asked for. It's perfect!"

"Okay. Well Baekhyun, enjoy the next couple of days because you do start schedule again Wednesday and Friday is your big day."

"I know hyung. It's just nice to relax for a bit, even if it's a couple of days."

"Agreed. Well, be careful Baekhyun. I'm trusting you to be able to stay out of trouble. PLEASE, stay out of trouble," Joonmyun stresses.

"You worry too much hyung! I'll be fine!" Baekhyun says laughing as he hangs up. 

Baekhyun is really glad to have his closest friend as his manager, but he wishes he didn't worry so much. He supposes he wouldn't be Joonmyun if he didn't worry though. 

Realizing he's starving, Baekhyun goes to the kitchen and opens the refridgerator and frowns.

"I didn't buy any damn food!"


"Eggs...check," Chanyeol says checking eggs off his grocery list. 

Chanyeol decided that rather than wasting his day doing absolutely nothing, he should probably at least get things done, including grocery shopping. 

Chanyeol walks over to the next aisle searching for his favorite coffee brand.

Coming around the corner, however, he sees quite a peculiar site. There's a man dressed in a large grey hoodie, pulled over his head, large sunglasses, and a face mask contemplating whether to buy strawberry or chocolate nesquick. Chanyeol wonders if peoples' fashion sense is taking a turn for the worst or if the man is just odd. 

Shaking his head, Chanyeol reaches up for his favorite french vanilla coffee flavor. 

"Tree-dongsaeng!"

Chanyeol stops short and looks around. Only one person calls him that and he's hoping to God that it's just in his head. Though that thought is also a little worrisome. 

Not seeing anyone on the side of him, he continues reaching for the coffee and turns around to put it in his basket coming face to face with the odd man he saw earlier. 

"Hi Tree-dongsaeng! Fancy meeting you here huh!" The odd man exclaims. 

Chanyeol momentarily wonders what he did to piss God off. He already has to deal with the short man as a neighbor, but can't he at least go to the grocery store without seeing him?

Chanyeol sighs. "Baekhyun-ssi? Why the hell are you dressed like that," Chanyeol deadpans pointing at Baekhyun's funny get up.

"Oh this! Well, uh.." Baekhyun drags on fumbling for an excuse, "I'm too good-looking remember! I can't just walk around. People are scary!"

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun like he's grown another head and shakes his head. He's pretty sure Baekhyun is just nuts.

Turning to leave the aisle, Chanyeol feels Baekhyun grab his wrist.

Raising an eyebrow, Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun waiting for an explanation for the unwanted contact. 

"Umm. Can I ride home with you?"

Chanyeol sighs for the billionth time.

"Didn't you bring your own car?" he asks exasperatedly. 

"I didn't!" Baekhyun replies twiddling his fingers. "I didn't really know the neighborhood so I kinda just walked till I found this supermarket..I kinda didn't think about how I would have to walk back. Please Chanyeol-ssi?" Baekhyun begs.

Chanyeol doesn't know if it's because of the genuine tone Baekhyun uses or because Baekhyun used his actual name for once, but he finds himself nodding.

"Yay! Thank you!" Baekhyun says genuinely thankful. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both walk up to the cashier to pay for their groceries, ignoring the strange look the cashier gives Baekhyun, and they head out to the car. 

Once the groceries are put away in the trunk and they sit down, Baekhyun takes off his weird get up and looks over at Chanyeol, an idea forming in his head. 

"Tree-dongsaeng, to thank you for driving me home, let me make you dinner!'

Chanyeol sighs irritably. 

"I'm not a tree! And that won't be necessary."

"Please, I insist! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?" Baekhyun begs, with the cutest smile.

For the second time in a matter of 10 min, Chanyeol finds himself agreeing to Baekhyun's request.


*AN: Yay! Another Chapter done! 

EXOMMB_Baekhyun.png

This is how Baekhyun looks in this story! I really like this hair on him :D

But, Next chapter, Dinner with Baekhyun and Chanyeol! Hope you guys enjoy! Oh, and follow me on tumblr if you guys have one! ^^ Click here

 

exo_waving.gif