Chapter Eleven

The Doctor's Singer

"And who should I make this out to?" Baekhyun asks smiling brightly up at the fan standing in front of him. 

"Sooyoung!" A cheery, young fifteen-year-old girl says, also smiling brightly.

About an hour and a half ago, Baekhyun wrapped up his last photo-shoot for the day and made his way over with Joonmyun and Chanyeol to the stadium in the heart of the city for Baekhyun's large fan meet.

The stadium was filled with lots of hyperactive, excited fans, all waiting for their turn to meet their favorite (new) black-haired idol, Byun B. Baekhyun performed a few acoustic songs for the audience and had a short fan chat before going to sign the autographs for those who showed up to the meet.

Standing off to the side watching the fan meet unfold is the idol's favorite "Tree-dongsaeng." Chanyeol observes the fans approaching Baekhyun and watches the large smile that comes across Baekhyun's face every time one comes up to him. Chanyeol can tell through the interactions that Baekhyun really loves his fans and that his fans equally love the short-legged man. 

As the last fan leaves with her newly autographed Byun B poster, Chanyeol watches Baekhyun shortly sigh and close his eyes momentarily before rising out of his seat to stretch. Stopping, Baekhyun looks over towards the side stage before his eyes come across Chanyeol. Smiling softly, Baekhyun walks over in Chanyeol's direction.

"Did you enjoy the fan meet? I hope you didn't get too bored over here," Baekhyun says stopping in front of Chanyeol, still smiling. 

Chanyeol shrugs and shakes his head slightly. 

"I wasn't bored," he says simply.

"Well I'm glad!" Baekhyun says happily, twiddling with his fingers. "Did you enjoy the songs at the beginning? I hope they were okay because I picked them at the last minute and I was really worried that I didn't pick the right ones for the fans and I really wanted my voice-"

"Baekhyun."

Baekhyun stops in the middle of his sentence and looks up at Chanyeol, realizing he was starting to ramble as usual.

Chanyeol pats Baekhyun's head in a rare display of affection.

"The songs were really good. I liked them and I'm sure the fans loved them from all the loud screams they did when you finished. Don't worry so much."

Baekhyun smiles brighter, his eyes shrinking into his cute eye smile, feeling genuinely relieved. 

"Thanks Yeol. That really means a lot coming from you."

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at Baekhyun's sudden nickname for him. Baekhyun realizes he let the nickname slip and blushes slightly, fiddling with his fingers again. 

"Ahh, I'm sorry. It kind of just slipped. I'll just call you Chanyeol-ssi if you want."

Chanyeol smiles slightly at the flustered Baekhyun, amused.

"It's fine Baek."

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol blankly for a second, hearing his new nickname for the second time today, before giggling at the unusual, playful Chanyeol. 

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol! We're gonna start heading out now!" Joonmyun suddenly shouts from the other side of the stage, startling the two.

"Okay hyung! We're coming now!" Baekhyun turns, yelling back at his blond-haired manager before turning back towards Chanyeol.

"Well, let's go Yeol. We still have to get though the last wave of fans that's hanging out around outside. Usually a pretty smooth process though," Baekhyun says cheerily. 

Chanyeol nods and together they both walk across the stage to meet up with Joonmyun and ZiTao in order to be safely escorted outside of the stadium. 

The four (plus the other security guards around them) walk towards the side door that leads to the street in order to get Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Joonmyun safely to the car. As they approach the door at the back of the stage, the screams of the lingering fans can very easily be heard. 

As security opens the door to the street, the loud screams increase tenfold. Automatically, security closes around the three to protect them, ZiTao leading in the front. 

"Byun B Oppa!! Can I get your autograph!? I couldn't get into the event!"

"Oppa, I love you!"

"OPPPPPA!!"

Unthinkingly, as the fans become more frantic and inch closer and closer to the group as they are walking, Baekhyun strays closer to Chanyeol and grabs unto the sleeve of his shirt.

This, however, doesn't go unnoticed by the large amount of fans surrounding the group. The fans, in no time, get much crazier than before.

"Oppa, who's that?!"

"Is he part of your staff?!"

"No, Oppa, don't touch him!"

"He's my Oppa!!"

Suddenly, the large crowd of fans begin to overpower the left wall of security and the fans immediately make a move to grab, surprisingly, not Baekhyun, but Chanyeol.

Tao turns around and yells angrily at the men to compose themselves. Tao's security team immediately tries to regain control over the situation, only to find that the fans are much too rowdy to deal with. 

As that is happening, Chanyeol tries as best as he can to keep the fans from touching him, but it becomes harder and harder as more of them push towards him.

About to give up protecting himself, a short, black-haired idol comes to his defense.

Baekhyun moves himself in between Chanyeol and the fans in an attempt to get the fans to leave Chanyeol alone, believing that the fans wouldn't harm him.

He was proved, however, very wrong. 

In their rage, one of the fans takes the light stick she is holding and moves to it Baekhyun, not necessarily paying attention to who she is hitting.

As Chanyeol watches the scene unfold, time slows down for him.

Reacting solely on instinct, Chanyeol roughly grabs Baekhyun and forces him behind him.

In the next second, the sharp end of the light stick is pulling itself harshly across Chanyeol's arm.

As time speeds up again, Chanyeol cries out very softly, gripping his now bleeding arm tightly.

A furious Tao moves from the front of the group and harshly moves the fans back away from Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Tao begins heatedly barking out orders to his security staff and finally, after the short struggle, they regroup and get the fans pushed back to a safe distance.

Tao quickly grabs a hold of Baekhyun and Chanyeol, along with a shocked Joonmyun, and quickly maneuvers them into the car. Tao quickly whispers to Joonmyun that they will talk later and that he should get Chanyeol medical attention quickly.

Finally, after what seems like forever, the car takes off with the trio finally safe from all the chaos. 

As Joonmyun tells the driver to drive to his home, Baekhyun immediately moves to help an injured Chanyeol, worried more than anything about the tall man. Chanyeol keeps the harsh grip on his arm, eyes squeezed completely closed at the agony of being injured uncleanly. 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun whispers softly, "Can I do anything for you? Please just say the word and I'll do it. I'm so sorry Chanyeol. I'm sorry I brought you here. Please forgive me," Baekhyun says, voice wavering, feeling upset with himself. He never meant to put Chanyeol in any position to be hurt and wanted more than anything to just spend time and have fun with the tall man.

Chanyeol slightly opens his eyes, looking towards Baekhyun and watches as the idol's eyes begin to fill with tears. Never seeing the idol looking so distraught and knowing Baekhyun can't really do very much for him, Chanyeol uses his free hand on his injured arm to slightly grab Baekhyun's hand in a comforting display. Baekhyun instantly grips it back, trying not to shed tears.  

Joonmyun watches the whole scene unfold and smiles sadly.

He knows how badly Baekhyun wants Chanyeol to like him and he worries that Baekhyun will forever beat himself up for a situation that, really, isn't his fault. Sighing, Joonmyun leans back in his seat, waiting to arrive at his home so Chanyeol can see his personal doctor. 



*A.N: OMG I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!!

School just took over EVERYTHING. AHHH. FORGIVE MEEEEEE!!!

I tried to work on this every chance I got, but time just got away from me. I'll try to be better at updating, yes?

 

I love you guys and I'll see you REAL soon!! Until then, Enjoy this gif of a dancing Baekhyun!